Welcome to the Path of Least Resistance!

TheChairGuy

Re: Welcome to the Path of Least Resistance!
« Reply #20 on: 9 Sep 2009, 01:31 pm »
Pez,
Please take this as constructive criticism.  I'm very glad that AC now has a Cable Circle!  But....I am a moderator of a fairly new Circle (HiRez Music) and it is not the easiest thing to promote/market, so I can't imagine the steep incline you've created by not mentioning the product category in the Circle name.  I stumbled across it, and I'm on the damn Forum all the time!!  I would agree with Paul and others that something like "Cables - The Path of Least Resistance" would get you far fewer headaches..."oh, i thought this was for DIY parts (resistors)"  or "I thought this was a non-audio Zen/yoga kind of thing".  Take it from me, a newbie moderator, that the dust that is stirred up when you move posts and whole threads is as if you called their mother out!

Ted quite accurately summed up my thoughts, too, on this....I simply stumbled upon it and tried to find out whats going on in this new circle.  Having 'cables' in the circle name would likely draw a more visitors and damp down your mod duties deflecting aberrant posts away.

From a long-time mod AND marketing major.  Glad to have you back among the Facilitator ranks again Jason even if it isn't your most suited circle (which Fight Club I believe was for you :wink:)

John

JohnR

« Reply #21 on: 9 Sep 2009, 01:46 pm »
Let's give the name issue a rest please guys. It's Jason's circle and he decides.

Thanks for taking this on Pez :thumb:

Pez

• Industry Contributor
  • The dispenser of Truth.
« Reply #22 on: 9 Sep 2009, 02:40 pm »
I'm sticking to the name. I appreciate everyone's input, but I'm not entirely sure where this fear of newbs frantically and aimlessly not knowing where to post their cable related questions to came from. :scratch: If anything that's a good thing. I don't want to see a bunch of crap posts like "Do cable REALLY make a difference????" Not that I have a problem with people who don't think cables sonics are of importance, it's just not what I had envisioned for this circle in the first place. More of a place to discuss cable DIY, what brands people are fond of, connectors, etc etc. That said anything and everything goes (except for DBT debate)

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #23 on: 9 Sep 2009, 02:55 pm »
Hi Pez,

Congrats on the new circle!  :thumb: I think you'll do a fine job of it and I look forward to "hanging out" in here when I get the chance. Thanks for putting forth the effort.

Best,
John

mgalusha

« Reply #24 on: 9 Sep 2009, 06:03 pm »
No worries... You will need something fixed one of these days...  :icon_twisted:

You mean... Ahem... Resistance was futile. :roll: also mike you are now banned from the path of least resistance. :lol: :evil:

K Shep

Completely of Topic
« Reply #25 on: 17 Sep 2009, 10:32 pm »
My new friend Pez.  I hope you enjoy this.

Kirk

Pez

• Industry Contributor
  • The dispenser of Truth.
« Reply #26 on: 17 Sep 2009, 11:15 pm »
 :lol:

I'm the one 5th from the right on the bottom picture.  :P

There is a history from my name. Tyson said that I'm skinny and open my mouth too much, like a Pez dispenser.  :thumb:

But unlike a Pez dispenser, when I open my mouth, instead of candy only truth comes out.  :P

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #27 on: 31 Jan 2017, 11:33 am »
Well hello everyone, I'll be facilitating the circle from now on.  Pez has been the founder and long time facilitator of this circle doing a yeoman's job through some enlightening and sometimes difficult threads.  He's now moved on to greater things and I'm sure we all wish him the best in his new endeavor, Abbingdon Music Research / iFi. 

Most of the regulars know me here and I'll be applying the same style on these pages, which is to facilitate engaging discussion using a light hand in moderating.  I see no need to change anything at this time, all rules and guidelines remain in place.  Please feel free to pm me with any suggestions or concerns, and let's have a great time talking about cables.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #28 on: 31 Jan 2017, 01:32 pm »
Congrats on the promotion!  :thumb:

richidoo

« Reply #29 on: 31 Jan 2017, 02:50 pm »
Congrats! You have good mod skilzzzz!  :thumb:

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #30 on: 2 Feb 2017, 01:29 am »
Awe shucks, thanks guys.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #31 on: 2 Feb 2017, 01:33 am »
Hope your pay raise was as big as mine was!  :thumb:

EDIT: On a serious note... I just noticed that the top post on this page was from John, TCG.  :|

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #32 on: 2 Feb 2017, 02:15 am »
Just pay cuts here Bob.  :roll:

Yeah, every time I see one of John's posts I get a little twinge, like he's gone but still here.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #33 on: 2 Feb 2017, 02:18 am »
That man certainly had a lot of respect here.

fado

« Reply #34 on: 19 Dec 2017, 09:50 pm »
I want to post a new topic on this circle but I can't fird the New Topic tab anywhere?

fado

« Reply #35 on: 19 Dec 2017, 10:54 pm »
I logged out and logged back in but I still cannot find a way to create a New Thread or New Post. I have posted in the past successfully but can't seem to do it today. I usually go to the most appropriate Circle and post. I use Windows 8.1 if that makes any difference.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #36 on: 20 Dec 2017, 12:11 am »
I want to post a new topic on this circle but I can't fird the New Topic tab anywhere?
There isn't one.  :scratch:  :dunno:

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #37 on: 20 Dec 2017, 04:50 pm »
If there was an issue it appears to be fixed, there's a New Topic button on the circle page.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #38 on: 22 Dec 2017, 10:06 pm »
Right now, I don't see a new topic button on the Circle page.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #39 on: 22 Dec 2017, 10:09 pm »
One minute later, I can't edit my post.
Anyway there is a new topic button in other circles.