New Isabella review featured in Stereo Times!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
New Isabella review featured in Stereo Times!
« on: 4 Sep 2009, 12:19 am »
All,

See: http://www.redwineaudio.com/news-reviews/

At the top of the page is a link to David Abramson's review of the Isabella in Stereotimes.com.

I want to thank David for his time and effort in reviewing the Isabella (and buying one for his own reference system, which also consists of a Sig 30.2 power amp and Daedalus speakers).   :beer:

It used to be a Sig 30.2 integrated, but in the review he mentions the "sex change" - i.e., the converting of the Sig 30.2 integrated to the power amp.  :green:    David likes to show his sense of humor in his reviews, and hopefully you'll find it refreshing! 

Thanks again to David and Stereo Times!

Best regards,

Vinnie

kitten

Re: New Isabella review featured in Stereo Times!
« Reply #1 on: 7 Sep 2009, 03:03 pm »
Well done Vinnie, no better endorsement than when the reviewer buys the product!

I wonder why David didn't get such good results via USB. This is not my experience with the Isabella. I've used several CD transports via SPDIF and Toslink as well. So far nothing beats computer over USB and my CD player is gathering dust. I wonder whether a sound enhancement setting might have been left checked by mistake on his Macbook but assume he would have checked all that - can be be easy to overlook though...
« Last Edit: 7 Sep 2009, 04:25 pm by kitten »

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 9 Sep 2009, 01:47 am »
Well done Vinnie, no better endorsement than when the reviewer buys the product!

I wonder why David didn't get such good results via USB. This is not my experience with the Isabella. I've used several CD transports via SPDIF and Toslink as well. So far nothing beats computer over USB and my CD player is gathering dust. I wonder whether a sound enhancement setting might have been left checked by mistake on his Macbook but assume he would have checked all that - can be be easy to overlook though...

Hi Kitten,

Thank you!

I wonder why David didn't get such good results via USB. This is not my experience with the Isabella. I've used several CD transports via SPDIF and Toslink as well. So far nothing beats computer over USB and my CD player is gathering dust.

I'm in the same boat as you and am loving it!  :beer:
But everyone seems to have there own special preference when it comes to coax, toslink, usb, cd players, etc. and it's all good!  :green:

Best regards,

Vinnie

genjamon

« Reply #3 on: 9 Sep 2009, 06:27 pm »
Sounds like he used a high quality digital coax cable, but a stock USB cable.  In my experience, that could make the difference.  I sprang for a high quality USB cable about six months ago, and it made quite a difference in instrumental separation, soundstage, and general clarity of the sound.  That artificial-ness David wrote about very well could be from the stock USB cable. 

Too bad he didn't have one of those on loan - he might have gone for the fully loaded Isabella/Isabellina and might have bought another review component as well!