Anyone get their Le Amp II yet???

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #20 on: 15 Jan 2004, 07:36 am »
$295 w/shipping included now or an early bird price of $195 w/ $100-$150 shipping. Can someone explain the the hell the difference between the two is? I must be missing something here,,, :lol: Regards, Robin

KKM

« Reply #21 on: 15 Jan 2004, 04:02 pm »
Satfrat, as Deansheen indicated, depending on where you live, the intro price saves you between $50-100, even with shipping. (example: $195x2=$390/pr+S&H $150/pr=$540)

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #22 on: 15 Jan 2004, 07:04 pm »
Quote from: KKM
Satfrat, as Deansheen indicated, depending on where you live, the intro price saves you between $50-100, even with shipping. (example: $195x2=$390/pr+S&H $150/pr=$540)
              $295x2=$590 for a whopping $50 savings for waiting 8+ months. :D Regards, Robin

James Tg

I same $0 on pre order.
« Reply #23 on: 15 Jan 2004, 10:25 pm »
I pay $295 + $100 S&H = $295.  I same $0 plus months waiting and order it by faith (without report and audition).

James

guest2218

« Reply #24 on: 15 Jan 2004, 11:11 pm »
I for one would like to know if it was worth in the long run and secondly HOW DOES IT SOUND!

HarleyMYK

« Reply #25 on: 15 Jan 2004, 11:55 pm »
Well, mine had been delayed.   :bawl:

I got a call from my credit card company asking about a charge from Thailand on Tuesday.  I told them, no problem - they said "OK - Fine, just checking."

Yesterday, my tracking number was still not showing up.  Sent Namphung an e-mail last night.  She replied this afternoon (my time).  Turns out the bank turned down the transaction and did not tell me about it (neither did nOrh until I asked).  Called the bank and they said "yes, the charge had been declined -- sorry about that. We were just being careful.  The block has now been taken off"  

I don't get it -- why did they ask me if it was OK and not tell me they didn't let it go through?"  Deep sigh!

DeanSheen

« Reply #26 on: 16 Jan 2004, 03:25 pm »
Quote from: satfrat
Quote from: KKM
              $295x2=$590 for a whopping $50 savings for waiting 8+ months. :D Regards, Robin

Audio people are absurd.  Now I know why I stopped coming to these forums.  Uhh, hello, where you gonna get this kinda amp for this price?  

Wahh, 8 months.  Wahhh. And your point is what?

Cazza

« Reply #27 on: 16 Jan 2004, 09:48 pm »
Dean,

I absolute agree with your statement - I have enjoyed my LE AMPII for about 3 months now. There is nothing on the market that I have found which will match these at this price.

As for the high shipping costs, this must be related to the the US because mine were substantially lower. The way the comments are worded you would almost think people are blamming Norh for these costs.

jackman

« Reply #28 on: 16 Jan 2004, 10:35 pm »
Hi,
It's good to hear that you are enjoying your new LeAmp II.  Can you please provide some information on its performance?  Have you compared it head to head with any other amps?  Does it run cool?  What kind of system do you have?

It looks like a good deal, but it's hard to tell.  I remember reading lots of stuff about how great the original LE was only to read and hear privately how much of a let-down it was.  Same for the nOrh Multiamp back in the day.  There seemed to be a lot of positive reviews for an amp that was seriously flawed (check the history).  One that can be had for pennies on the dollar on the used market.  

Not to be negative, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of buzz surrounding this product (aside from the negative kind associated with the delays).  It looks cool, and is priced right.  I'd like to hear it along side some of the current internet "darlings" like the new digital receivers that seem to be the rage.  

On a side note, I picked up a Panasonic digitual receiver the SA-XR45.  Have it breaking in on my basement system and, even in stock form, it is very powerful and doesn't sound bad.  Haven't brought it up to the main systm or tried any mods, not even the power cord.  In stock form, it's a real value for the $$$, and it's compact.  I would like to test it versus the LE II one of these days.  

Best of luck,

Jack

rosconey

« Reply #29 on: 16 Jan 2004, 11:14 pm »
jackman go get a philips 727dvd its got 24-192 upsampling for$80.
with your pany you might have a killer cheap-ass rig.
the philips sound -wow-

i myself will never buy a panasonic, technic product .
i had a sada10 (best unit at the time) that sounded good but some days wouldnt work at all,after 8 months of trying to fix instead of replacing -they wanted to give me the cheapest one they make -refurb- instead of what i had -2 months latter(10) they sent a refund-to the wrong address :o
they are a real pain in the  ass to deal with :finger:

guest2218

« Reply #30 on: 16 Jan 2004, 11:24 pm »
I agree with Jackman especially people who have just received them, it would be nice to get an extensive unbiased review if they would be so kind as to do so. There were are a couple of reviews months ago but not very extensive and they didn't really compare them to anything other than the original Le amp.Also could you guys stop belly aching about the shipping costs, if it sounds as good as its supposed too we all got our monies worth.

Regards Bruce

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #31 on: 17 Jan 2004, 05:50 am »
Sorry to ruffle your feathers Deano, I wasn't knocking the product, just highlighting the GREAT DEAL that all the fencesitters got for their time. :lol: All this bellyaching from you Le Amp owners motivated me to comment. THAT'S my POINT Deano. :roll: Today's Le Amp price also sounds like a great deal without the wait. :D  As has been asked, maybe one of you Le Amp owners could provide some details on this amp's performance. :o Regards, Robin

Cazza

LE AMP II versus Arcam
« Reply #32 on: 19 Jan 2004, 09:45 am »
To hook into Bruce's question, I have only directly compared the LE AMPII's with the Arcam Delta 120.2 power amp (100W). I brought some of my gear from Europe so have not had the environment to test against other amps. Other amps would be to subjective because the environment was too different i.e. different country/house , CD player , cables etc.  However, let me add that I  have never had the sound quality from my Kefs as I now have from the LE AMPII's. Since I received the ACA2b alot earlier I borrowed the arcam from a buddy and listened to it for quite sometime. This gave me a good baseline. Even then I was impressed with the ACA2b and Arcam combination. When I got the LE AMPII's, I could compare the 2 objectively using the same configuation (box for box swapout). The LE AMPII's  are easily much better the Arcam- you definitely notice the extra power. The Kef's (4 OHM inefficient speaker) just come alive - just music to my ears.

My system consists of a Usher 100 CD (sold as Music Hall MMF CD 25), ACA2b preamp, Kef reference series speakers. Cables: speaker, Ecosse Monocrystal bi-wire MS4.45,  CD->ACA2b, Norh Silver interconnects, ACA -> LE AMPII - Ecosse Conductor interconnects

Hope that helps

HarleyMYK

« Reply #33 on: 19 Jan 2004, 05:23 pm »
I am scheduled for delivery today.  If that happens, then pictures tonight.  Hopefully, after a few days break-in I can take them to Mad DOg's this weekend and compare with his Aragon Palladium IIs.

guest2218

« Reply #34 on: 19 Jan 2004, 11:28 pm »
Thanks Cazza looks like we will be getting more comments soon.

HarleyMYK,

Looking forward to your posts and pics and can hardly wait to get my shipping e-mail, speaking of e-mail did you find out about your credit card gaffe before or after the e-mail I'm hoping this doesn't happen to me?

Regards Bruce

HarleyMYK

« Reply #35 on: 20 Jan 2004, 12:55 am »
Bruce,

I found out about the charge card problem after I gave Namphung confirmation to charge and ship.

You can prevent the problem by alerting your charge card company that you are expecting the charge in the next few days, just before you give confirmation to Namphung.

I have the amps and will post details shortly.