NXT.......rubbish??....THINK AGAIN!

sedge

Re: NXT.......rubbish??....THINK AGAIN!
« Reply #3200 on: 31 May 2020, 09:06 am »
Entrepreneur.
Both the exciter and panel material you have chosen have problems with HF ,over on DIY audio ,a study of dml ,some report a roll off as low as 3k!!! And use EQ to "fix" the problem?
The exciter should be properly glued to the panel ,you could also thin the panel in front of the exciter area to allow more sound to emit from the central area.
XPS heavily damps the sound, EPS ,even at 1inch,in my opinion is far better if used properly.
Hope this is of some help.
Steve

57buick

« Reply #3201 on: 8 Aug 2020, 08:52 pm »
Hi guys new on the forum but am really interested in playing with DML's just bought some daytons and started playing around recently

57buick

« Reply #3202 on: 8 Aug 2020, 08:57 pm »
My first test with XPS panels but then I discovered painting canvas and I am amazed how full these sound. Ill post some pics soon as I am tweaking and testing them a bit this week to see what I need to do but first test on the canvas was amazing full spectrum, just a few spikes.

sedge

« Reply #3203 on: 11 Sep 2020, 09:41 am »
This is the is the patent that is very similar to the easy to make diy  canvas picture frame dml panel mentioned over on diy audio.

https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2019061685A1/en?oq=CN201118973Y

It is as it says ,pretty much a full range panel and would have been interesting to hear how it sounded.
Shame it never made it into full production(that I know of anyway)?
Steve

kb117

« Reply #3204 on: 14 Oct 2020, 09:06 pm »
My first test with XPS panels but then I discovered painting canvas and I am amazed how full these sound. Ill post some pics soon as I am tweaking and testing them a bit this week to see what I need to do but first test on the canvas was amazing full spectrum, just a few spikes.

Looking forward to your build!

care to share the dimension of the canvas and the brand/model of exciter you are using?

tia