My listening buddy is gone

Blackmore

My listening buddy is gone
« on: 6 Aug 2009, 03:02 pm »
My buddy's quality of life had deteriorated to the point that we decided to ease his suffering this morning.  Max was a gentle cat that enjoyed listening to loud music and eating pizza off the table when GAS gang members came over for a listen.  I'll miss him.

arthurs

Re: My listening buddy is gone
« Reply #1 on: 6 Aug 2009, 03:05 pm »
Condolences on the loss of a good friend. 

steve k

« Reply #2 on: 6 Aug 2009, 03:06 pm »
My condolences, Mark and Lisa. I remember the pizza game quite fondly.
steve

Nels Ferre

« Reply #3 on: 6 Aug 2009, 03:22 pm »
Mark,

That sucks. I've been there- and will unfortunately be there again with Lola (Boxer) and Murray (Boston Terrier.)

You will never be able to replace Max, but when you and Lisa are ready there are loads of kittens and cats in need of a good home at the Humane Society.

Hang in there.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: 6 Aug 2009, 03:23 pm »
Sorry to hear that Mark.  They're like one of the family.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #5 on: 6 Aug 2009, 03:37 pm »
I am sorry about Max.  Mine likes to chill with smooth jazz on a rocking chair most of the day.  Get a kitty when you are ready. 

Curly Woods

« Reply #6 on: 6 Aug 2009, 03:41 pm »
We lost one of our dogs a little over a year ago.  I never knew just how much I was attached to her, until that day came.  Cried like a baby at the vets office.  Time is the only thing that will help.  We said that we weren't going to replace her, but the other dog was so depressed, we got one about a month later.  Best thing we ever did :-)

Mike B.

« Reply #7 on: 6 Aug 2009, 04:03 pm »
My condolences. I know how these fir balls can become family. I had a cat named Bubba who loved women singers. He would come stand next to my listening chair and if he liked the music, would stay and meow several times during each piece.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #8 on: 6 Aug 2009, 04:09 pm »
.......until that day came.  Cried like a baby at the vets office.   

Ditto.  By coincidence there was a documentary on cable last night about WWII troops who trained dogs as scouts.  These men are in their 80's now, and they still cry when talking about these companions.

Now take a little time, then find another buddy who needs you (and you him).  It can never be a replacement but it will fill a mutual need.

Scott F.

« Reply #9 on: 6 Aug 2009, 06:45 pm »
Sorry to hear that Mark. Its always tough to make that decision. When we decided to do that with Macha, I couldn't take her to the vet, Laura had to.

Look on the bright side. Before too much longer you're likely to have a new kitty bouncing off the walls and terrorizing you. Lisa and your speaker wires.

Pez

« Reply #10 on: 6 Aug 2009, 06:52 pm »
My condolences. I know what it's like as well. I had to put down my listening buddy this year as well. My cat Hunter had renal failure, tough little bugger was given 1-2 months to live and ended up lasting 4 years with excellent quality of life. Funny thing is, knowing he was living on borrowed time didn't make it any easier to let him go when the time came.

Blackmore

« Reply #11 on: 6 Aug 2009, 06:58 pm »
Thanks to everyone for all of your kind words and thoughts.  It was hard to let him go, but now his pain is over.   Here's one last shot of him that my wife took with her phone in low light.  It is my favorite one and was one of those magic camera moments.  Thanks everybody!

Mark

Curly Woods

« Reply #12 on: 6 Aug 2009, 07:13 pm »
Spin up some of his favorite music and feel the pain.  Don't stuff it and pretend that it doesn't hurt.  He will enjoy listening along with you his old tunes :-)

KnowTalent

• ...stuck in the middle with you
« Reply #13 on: 6 Aug 2009, 07:50 pm »
Mark, Sorry to hear of your loss.

I had a tabby that developed terminal intestinal cancer and chose to put him to sleep to stop his suffering.  He was one of the most personal cats I have ever shared time with and I was very distraught losing his company.

DeadFish

« Reply #14 on: 6 Aug 2009, 07:51 pm »
That's a great camera shot just above me there. 
Deepest condolences, Mark. 
As Curly just said, 'feel the pain'.  It's a salute to your fuzzy friend!

Warm Regards,
Bill

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #15 on: 6 Aug 2009, 08:32 pm »
My condolences to Mark and Lisa.  :cry:
I assume Max is the kitty in your avatar?

Bob

rahimlee54

« Reply #16 on: 6 Aug 2009, 08:34 pm »
That is to bad, I hate when that happens.

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #17 on: 6 Aug 2009, 10:30 pm »
I feel really sorry for you and about your loss.

I can't even think of doing audio design here without Stanley, my  8 year old Mackerel Tabby best friend walking on the compute keyboard to help me out.

Every morning when one of my guys comes in, Stanley comes downstairs with a great big "MEOW" and jumps up into his lap for a 10 minute petting session. This happens every day now.  I don't deduct the kitty petting time from from his paycheck.

Best regards

Frank Van Alstine

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
« Reply #18 on: 7 Aug 2009, 01:51 am »
Mark,

My condolences.  No matter where our cats are in the house, when the stereo comes on the male cat lounges on the listening room floor and our famale cat hops up on the arm of the sofa I sit in.  If I clip the amp, her ears fold back.

Ken

sturgus

« Reply #19 on: 7 Aug 2009, 01:59 am »
Mark, sorry to hear it. I have two of them and know how they become part of the family.

Sturgus