Speaker Wire Question

Louis O

Re: Speaker Wire Question
« Reply #40 on: 16 Sep 2009, 12:16 am »
Hi Jouni,

This would be a great DIY project. Use the link posted by Alwayswantmore and wrap it in Techflex and add connectors of your choice.

ZLS has a cable worth mentioning here.

Thanks,
Louis

Eadron

« Reply #41 on: 16 Sep 2009, 05:26 am »
Thanks Lou and Kent,

yes, I know that 'secret recipe' thing. But I have noticed picking up the right gauge wire (and the 'right one' in general  :o) is the issue here. ZLS has found the right one? What gauge wire do you guys use?

jouni

ZLS

« Reply #42 on: 16 Sep 2009, 05:57 pm »
    The name of the Company is Sound Design Labs and the link is http://www.sounddesignlabs.org/

I encountered this company when I was having some amps repaired and the technician said I owed  it to myself to give these cables a listen. 

There are three things that impressed me:

1. The sound of the cables took all the strengths of the aforementioned cables and added to them.  The sound is just as coherent, but with added harmonic information that adds up to a richer fuller sound that is more lifelike. 

2. The fact that the emphasis at Sound Design Labs is on Research & Development rather then on Sales Strategy. 

3. Perhaps most important of all is the passion, pride and enthusiasm that Sound Design Labs brings to their products.  It reminds me very much of Louis in that it is the quest for improving their products that is the driving force of the company. 

I asked Louis's permission if he would listen to the cables and give his opinion.  Louis being the fine Gentleman he is agreed with the understanding that it was between Sound Design Labs and Omega and nobody else.  The agreement was honored.  I  called Louis who explicitly  gave me permission as a both a user of the cables and a member of Audio Circle to say that he recommends the cables.     

Eadron

« Reply #43 on: 16 Sep 2009, 06:21 pm »
ZLS, very interesting. Thanks for sharing this thing. They got to be good if Louis recommends them  :thumb:. May I ask how much they are charging for these cables, or would you send me a pm if you prefer that way.

jouni

Eadron

« Reply #44 on: 15 Oct 2009, 02:03 pm »
Wiring Omegas 'right', I mean to get the best out of them, is a big thing. Therefore I've been paying a lot of interest to the subject. When I moved towards solid cores by Louis recommendation I found that path to be quite rewarding considering the improvement I got from my 8"s. I found DNM. Very good, especially when the ic's equipped with Silver Bullets.

Now I think I've found even better solution. Fast, neutral, dead quiet yet detailed (especially low level detail is amazing) cables. No harsness or edginess whatsoever. Great soundstage. Bargain priced and even better if you make them by yourself (no big deal 'cause I made my own  :thumb:). I think these have to be the best cables I've ever come across  :drool:..All this of course imo, imho etc. :D

www.chimeralabs.com

Enjoy,
Jouni