Need help with Company Logo

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« on: 29 Dec 2003, 02:42 am »
Being in business for over several years now, I have received countless inquiries as to why we don't have a company logo. Are we the only ones?!? Do I really need one?
  That said, I am thinking about having a little contest to come up with one with the winner receiving something for their efforts. The problem is that I don't know what to offer the one who comes up with the winning design. Maybe a pair of interconnect cables?? Usher interconnect or speaker cables?? HELP!!

Maybe all the AC'ers can help here.
  The logo will need to have a black background with Silver to integrate into our website.

For those designs posted here, I will start a page on my website with all the options. At a point where designs stop coming in, I will ask for everyone to pick their favorite. But since your opinion means nothing, I will be the one who makes the final decission (okay, just kidding. I value all your opinions or I wouldn't ask for your help).

Many of you have been to my website and know a little about what I am about. I hope this will help aid in the design.

Audio Circle is the only place I am turning for help as everyone here has always been extremely helpful and honest since Response Audio joined the family. Obviously, this logo will become our new Circle Avatar also.

Let's see how good your imagination and design skills are!! Ready......Set.......Go!!

Marbles

« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2003, 03:02 am »

If you could do a logo just like this with the ASS to us, it would be GREAT :-)

I like the humor of his pose  8)

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2003, 04:17 am »
That might work Marbles. But we would have to change from
 "Our Reputation Says it All"  to something like
  "Don't be an ass, buy from Response Audio".

One thing never lacking here at the circle? Sense of humor. I like that.

Sean

« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2003, 05:34 am »
Why not use something along the lines of what one would see on a scope i.e. a clean pulsed waveform that returns to zero with no ringing and leads into properly scripted RA lettering resting just above the zero line ?  For a motto to go with your logo, you could say something along the lines of "When you want performance like that, you want Response Audio".   :D Sean
>

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 29 Dec 2003, 10:47 pm »
Gee, a lousy pair of interconnects?  

Real companies pay six figures for a grummy logo.

Creators of "modern art" (an oxymoron in my book) get paid six figures to create preschool quality objects.

Don't mean to be harse, but how bad to you want a logo?

(Everyone's got one, not sure the world needs another anyway.)

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #5 on: 30 Dec 2003, 12:03 am »
Quote from: JLM

Real companies pay six figures for a grummy logo.

Don't mean to be harse, but how bad to you want a logo?

NOT THAT BAD!!! I just thought it would be fun to see what people came up with. Worse case??? I will have my twin 5 year old kindergarden boys come up with something. Finger paint is not all that bad.

rosconey

« Reply #6 on: 30 Dec 2003, 12:12 am »
do a big tube with legs sticking out from under -like a mechanic working on a car

ABEX

« Reply #7 on: 30 Dec 2003, 12:29 am »
Look at offshoot softare programs for a Background and then add your writing to it. That is how I found my Logo for NEAR SOTA Cables.

www.nearsota.com

I thought the coloring and the instraments looked cool and I just added the styled writing in. Now if I can just get the advertising and peole to try the stuff which I have already done field testing to see weather they compete which they do.
The site could use a facelift also ,but it is a start.What counted to me was the sound quality.

Good luck!

ABEX

« Reply #8 on: 30 Dec 2003, 12:29 am »
Look at offshoot software programs for a Background and then add your writing to it. That is how I found my Logo for NEAR SOTA Cables.

www.nearsota.com

I thought the coloring and the instraments looked cool and I just added the styled writing in. Now if I can just get the advertising and peole to try the stuff which I have already done field testing to see weather they compete which they do.
The site could use a facelift also ,but it is a start.What counted to me was the sound quality.

Good luck!

DanaA

« Reply #9 on: 30 Dec 2003, 04:44 am »
Hi all, new to this forum.

What I think would be very classy would be a silver clef symbol on a black background.  Something like this:

BradJudy

« Reply #10 on: 30 Dec 2003, 05:22 am »
I understand some of the things said here - there are a lot of professional graphics design people out there and such things aren't cheap.  That said, I see nothing wrong with such requests.  Just remember - you get what you pay for, so you'll probably get some fairly ameteur work for a pair of cables.  Then again, maybe there is a budding graphic artist here who will give you something good for giggles or for their portfolio.

Some tips:

Don't base a company logo design on the fact that your website background is a particular color.  If it's because you like those colors or they are the official/unofficial company colors, then that's a different story.

Give some suggestions as to the type of impression you wish to convey to your customers. (e.g. high class, high tech, artistic, etc.)

How will the logo be used?  One thing that makes professional design more expensive is creating a logo and variants that serve many needs (website, product badge, business cards, etc.).  It also typically involves a lot of iterations and feedback.

Of course all of this is coming from someone with no experience in the area, so take it with a grain of salt.  :D

Brad

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #11 on: 30 Dec 2003, 05:49 am »
I've always liked the simple approach of Reference Recordings--

Seems like you might be able to combine the letters "R" and "A,"  with the diagonal leg of the "R" becoming the right side of the "A" somehow.

Marbles

« Reply #12 on: 30 Dec 2003, 05:55 am »
Quote from: Tonto Yoder
I've always liked the simple approach of Reference Recordings--

Seems like you might be able to combine the letters "R" and "A,"  with the diagonal leg of the "R" becoming the right side of the "A" somehow.

Just make sure you get the Rams ass in there somehow...and did you see the size of his nutsack???  :lol:

nathanm

« Reply #13 on: 30 Dec 2003, 06:07 am »
BradJudy's tips are very accurate.  The gist of logo design that you want to create a main theme and then make variants of that depending on where the thing is used; be it in print, on the web, as a letterhead etc.  Now, a ram's scrotum for example.. this will definitely seal your company's corprate identity - nobody's gonna steal your thunder then! :wink:  I can't recall any other audio joint using that particular animal for a logo!  It would be a first!

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #14 on: 30 Dec 2003, 11:58 am »
Quote from: Marbles

Just make sure you get the Rams ass in there somehow...

No, no, no---I meant "R" and "A" for "Response" & "Audio"-- not "Ram's" & "Ass."  That's a totally different company!  I've got their website bookmarked here somewhere. :lol:

My Hartford Insurance guy has some white van speakers for sale in his foyer. Does that count?

nathanm

« Reply #15 on: 30 Dec 2003, 10:06 pm »
You're in luck Bill, I just perused your site and figured out how I can help.  I'll redesign your company logo with a full set of variants, provide all necessary digital files; the whole 9 yards -  for a pair of Usher D-2s.  That looks juuuust like the kind of speaker I need.  Okay, be fair - I'll settle for a pair with a blemish or two.  Deal? :mrgreen:

I noticed the website is somewhat misleading.  For example if you click on the product links it appears nothing has happened, when in fact new stuff has loaded in an area way below the average viewing window (actually it's beyond the above average viewing window)  But hey, for the D-2s I can fix that for ya'll too. :thumb:

I will await your answer as soon as I get back from buying a furniture dolly...I'm gonna need it! :D

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #16 on: 31 Dec 2003, 01:03 am »
You're right nathanm, that's why I put the words "This site deigned to scroll down on each page".
  I will be redesigning the whole site after the new year but still want to keep it down to earth.

D-2s?? Sure, that sounds fair. I was actually thinking about bringing in a pair to have on display and to run with my little Audio Note P-ZERO 8 watt mono blocs. $18k speakers/$1k amplifiers. Hey, if it works.....
  The problem is I would probably sit on them far longer than I would like to and can't afford the space right now as I have already outgrown the new working facility and thinking about expanding into the showroom till I open the other half of the building and/or find a place to store all the boxes I have.
  If you want a pair of D-2s just let me know and we can order a pair right up for you!!! Furniture dolly?? Better get a crane! 500 lbs each.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #17 on: 31 Dec 2003, 01:07 am »
...and did you see the size of his nutsack???

Nutsack? Hmmmm..... new slogan. "We don't mess around, everything we do is balls-to-the-wall!!"

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #18 on: 31 Dec 2003, 01:17 am »
BradJudy,

You are 100% correct. You get what you pay for and this type of work is not cheap. I don't want anybody to think I was looking to get something for nothing but rather add some fun into the Circle as you can see from many of the replies. A pair of $85 cables is not going to get you into serious motivation but with the sense of humor found in everyone here, it is always interesting.

I think I am actually looking for more of verbal descriptions of what people have in mind rather than actual graphic designs. Far too much time would have to go into that. True, professional designs would run into the thousand$, I realize this.

I have not yet decided if I even want/need a logo but who knows what the imagination of these members will bring.

nathanm

« Reply #19 on: 31 Dec 2003, 01:17 am »
Taking up space?  What space?  You're gonna send them to ME remember? :wink: