MODWRIGHT OPPO BDP-83 MODS - NOW TAKING ORDERS!!!!

modwright

August 2, 2009 UPDATE! NOW TAKING ORDERS!!!

We will begin taking orders on a first-come first-serve basis. Many of you have contacted me and I will first contact those people in order to confirm a place on the waiting list. At this time, we are taking orders for MODS only - i.e. customer to provide player. We are looking into becoming an Oppo dealer so that we can source the units in the future.
We will ask for a 50% deposit to secure a place on the wait list. Final payment due upon shipping of the player to us. We will schedule the work such that units are in the shop for no MORE than 1-2 weeks.

MOD DETAILS:
Full Multi-Channel Mod with Master Clock upgrade = $1295 + shipping.
  Upgrade of stock power supplies.
  Installation of Master Clock with Bursen Clock!
  Installation of proprietary, dedicated analog power supply of our design.
  Upgrade of a total of NINE (9) analog channels with our discrete FET-based circuit. Includes Stereo outs and all Multi-Channel outs, except sub out.
  Shielding and damping mods to chassis and stock supplies.

Full Multi-Channel Mod w/out Master Clock upgrade = $1050 + shipping.
  Same as above upgrade, but without masterclock upgrade

Full Stereo Only Mod with Master Clock upgrade = $950 + shipping.
  Upgrade of stock power supplies.
  Installation of Master Clock with Bursen Clock!
  Installation of proprietary, dedicated analog power supply of our design.
  Upgrade of Stereo Left and Right analog channels only with our discrete FET-based circuit. ?  Shielding and damping mods to chassis and stock supplies.

INTRODUCTORY OFFER = 10% DISCOUNT TO ALL EXISTING MODWRIGHT MOD CUSTOMERS!!!

This is a FABULOUS mod for an exciting new player.

Others are 'modifying' the player with upgraded connectors and parts, but few are re-engineering the analog stage and upgrading the power supplies the way that we are. When we get done, you will have a TRUE UNIVERSAL player with stereo and (7) out of 7.1 channels all upgraded with our proprietary discrete mosfet analog stage circuit featuring zero global feedback and NO op-amps.

The sound is open and resolving and the bass is rock solid!

Oppo has hit one RIGHT out of the park this time and we are happy to boost its performance from the ballpark right on out to the atmosphere!

Please call or email now to gain your place on the wait list for this fabulous Universal Player!

Thanks,

Dan Wright
modwright@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: 1 Feb 2010, 08:41 am by modwright »

Phil A

Re: MODWRIGHT OPPO BDP-83 MODS - NOW TAKING ORDERS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 5 Aug 2009, 10:26 pm »
Dan - I sent you a PM.  This answered one of my questions - "We are looking into becoming an Oppo dealer so that we can source the units in the future."  When you get a chance reply to it.  I guess from the response also you are just taking orders (vs. units) for now and will let us know at some point when the work will be scheduled?  Thanks

modwright

Re: MODWRIGHT OPPO BDP-83 MODS - NOW TAKING ORDERS!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 9 Aug 2009, 11:45 pm »
I will finalize scheduling upon my return.  I took and confirmed some orders before I left and there are others yet to be confirmed.  One or two units are already being sent to our shop.  I will be returning to work on Thurs. and will confirm the calendar of ship dates for all final orders and also at that time, let everyone else know how far out we are booked.

Thank you.

Dan W