Get anything new for Crimmus?...

bubba966

« on: 27 Dec 2003, 04:00 am »
So, now that it's been & gone, did anyone get any new movies?

I didn't get any discs directly. But a $100 BB gift card assured that I'd pick up a disc or two. So I went & picked up The Medallion (not the greatest movie, but I'm a Chan fan.. :roll: ) and Alias Season 2.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2003, 04:56 am »
I got nuthin' for Christmas- I was nuthin' but bad! :lol:   Well, actually, we didn't really *do* Xmas this year.  If the weather holds, my brother and sister and I will probably head up to my folks place for a belated shindig with his brothers family- but, the weather's getting really foul, so that may be off.

I did buy myself the last season of Star Trek: TNG that I didn't have (Season 6).  Also spent the last 3 days watching 7 or 8 episodes a day trying to get it all watched. :o   What else can you do during a winter day in SoDak?

Hmmm...shouldn't the Matrix Revolutions be out before too long?  I'm wanting to check it out.

Also Underworld should be out before long, too...there goes my bonus money.

bubba966

« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2003, 05:04 am »
Revolutions shouldn't be out until about April or May. Hell, it's only been out in the theaters for a month & a half...

And yeah, Underworld will be out on 1/6. Underworld isn't killing your entire bonus check, is it? :scratch:  :lol:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2003, 05:12 am »
Luckily not...although I wouldn't put it past my bosses! :lol:   Naw, it'd be fine if that was the only thing I had to blow my hard earned coin on.  But if I made 5 times what I do I'd still ne'er be able to have all the toys my greedy little heart desires! :banghead:

HR screwed up my vacation pay this year, overpaying me from last year and robbing it from this years pool.  Naturally, they didn't bother to mention this til I'd already used up this years time. :x   So I'll likely be short a day on my next check! :evil:   So mostly my bonus will cover what I'm getting screwed out of, plus a modest amount of mad money.

byteme

« Reply #4 on: 27 Dec 2003, 05:32 am »
I got "Life of Mammals" which I've been really dying to see.  I really get off on these documentary type things, Planets is a great set as is From the Earth to the Moon.  I'm really looking forward to this one.  I also got a couple THX demo DVDs off of ebay.  Very cool!  Great show off discs!  At some point I'd like to get a DVD burner and burn a demo disc for HT installs that I do.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 27 Dec 2003, 05:37 am »
I just bought a DVD burner for my PC- my main reason for buying it was to put full resolution 16 bit PCM music onto DVD (which was a lot of work, but it rocks!).  I have *backed up* a few movies to see how it works, and it works very well.

Woodsea

« Reply #6 on: 27 Dec 2003, 06:55 am »
I got Whale Rider from my mom.  I am sure she gave it to 'me' for my 5 yr old daughter :wink:
With a $25 gift card I finally picked up 'The Two Towers' Extended

bob82274

« Reply #7 on: 27 Dec 2003, 07:27 am »
Got Vol. 1 of the Bond Sets.... The best of the three sets IMHO.  Only lousy one in there is Tomorrow Never Dies and there are several worse than that out of the twenty.  So a nice deal all in all.

bubba966

« Reply #8 on: 27 Dec 2003, 08:33 pm »
Quote from: byteme
I also got a couple THX demo DVDs off of ebay.  Very cool!  Great show off discs!

Which discs did you pick up? I'm only aware of two THX demo discs that THX has given out. Though I've not kept up on that for the last year or so.

rosconey

« Reply #9 on: 27 Dec 2003, 09:59 pm »
a gift certificate from partsexpress :mrgreen:
and the stones 4 flicks :o

mgalusha

« Reply #10 on: 27 Dec 2003, 10:22 pm »
My wife gave me the Godfather set which I've been wanting but have too cheap to buy. My brother presented me with a Johnny Winter & Rick Derringer concert DVD. Havn't watched it yet but looking forward to that.

mca

« Reply #11 on: 28 Dec 2003, 06:37 am »
I got The Thirteenth Floor and Leon, the Professional for Christmas. Oh, wait, I bought those from Bubba as a present to myself  :lol:

byteme

« Reply #12 on: 5 Jan 2004, 09:11 pm »
Quote from: bubba966
I also got a couple THX demo DVDs off of ebay.  Very cool!  Great show off discs!

Which discs did you pick up? I'm only aware of two THX demo discs that THX has given out. Though I've not kept up on that for the last year or so.

Bubba, here's what I got - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3069515985&category=1499 or here - http://piel.maxsyncron.com/shop/thx-ultimate.htm

and basically this one - http://piel.maxsyncron.com/shop/trailer-dvd.htm

Both are copies not the original but they look great and sound great too.  I wish I had a DVD burner so I could make some copies.  I'll try and find out if someone I borrowed them to could make me a couple copies of them if someone would want them.

Ears

« Reply #13 on: 20 Jan 2004, 05:27 pm »
My wife and kids would not dare to buy anything a/v relared whithout me first picking it out normally.
But this year I did recieve two framed and matted movie posters for the theater whith one being Dumb and Dumber which is one of my wifes favorites :?  and the other being LOTR TT which is one of my sons favorites :?

Oh well....as long as they were thinking of me :roll:

bubba966

« Reply #14 on: 20 Jan 2004, 10:49 pm »
Bubba, here's what I got - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3069515985&category=1499 or here - http://piel.maxsyncron.com/shop/thx-ultimate.htm

and basically this one - http://piel.maxsyncron.com/shop/trailer-dvd.htm

Hmm, those don't look like demo discs. Or at least not ones Lucasfilm has given out.

I've seen those before on eBay, and always wondered if they were legit or not. It always felt like they weren't, though I've never had the chance to to mess with one myself.