my son knows good sound when he hears it...

gary

my son knows good sound when he hears it...
« on: 13 Jul 2009, 02:25 am »

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch
After two years in an apartment we're finally back in a house where I can use my stereo again, I got the system set up yesterday and my 29 month-old son is loving it (and dancing to some wilson pickett in this picture). I'm hoping to upgrade my sig 30 to the current version, and maybe just maybe buy an isabella, but for now the system is sounding pretty damned good again. Especially according to Oliver, whose favorite words today were "turniton daddy" :).

gary

ltr317

Re: my son knows good sound when he hears it...
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2009, 04:16 am »
Are those DIY speakers and sub?  Interesting look to them.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2009, 01:50 pm »
Hi Gary,

Congratulations on your new home, and I'm happy to see that you have your RWA / Bastanis combo fired-up again!  8)

I love the photo showing Oliver getting his "boggie-on" to the music  :green: - thanks for sharing!

Yeah Daddy, turnitON!

Vinnie

mca

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2009, 02:45 pm »
Priceless picture!

Bemopti123

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2009, 02:53 pm »
Those are a pair of Bastanis OB German made speakers.  Gary, do you know what happened to Bastanis Audio? Are they still in business in the US or Germany?

gary

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2009, 01:02 am »
As Vinnie said above, they're Bastanis speakers. I have the Prometheus, not exactly DIY because I bought it all as a kit and just had to assemble the woofer enclosures and do some basic soldering. They're definitely an ideal match with the Sig 30, and I do use a bottlehead phono pre for that little bit of tube magic (no real interest in digital, I do that mostly when I'm using headphones or at work). They were sold by baulsaudio.com here in the states, I don't know if they still are but I hope so because I still need to upgrade my tweeters.

gary