Use cPlay with an Off Ramp?

indirstr8s

Re: Use cPlay with an Off Ramp?
« Reply #20 on: 6 Jul 2009, 04:04 pm »
Newk, I'd be extremely interested in your impressions of cmp/cplay vs. foobar or J River or similar without any upsampling ...

Trying to understand what folks ascribe to the players' implementations themselves

.....  Anyone wanting the absolute best available (with deep pockets) should look toward using a Mac and Amarra in the front end and the best high resolution audiophile components you can afford.  This was recently proven at the Computer Audiophile Symposium in Berkeley, California.  I was surprised Steve didn't attend.  A lot was proved one way or the other.

- Rand

---

Rand,

Is there any written trail about this particular amarra exercise.... If so could you please send me a link...

Newk Yuler

Re: Use cPlay with an Off Ramp?
« Reply #21 on: 6 Jul 2009, 07:30 pm »

Rand,

Is there any written trail about this particular amarra exercise.... If so could you please send me a link...

Steve has spent a lot of time working with Amarra, but I assume you know that.  The talk at Computer Audiophile is centered here. The thread I know about at Audio Asylum is here.  Googling with creative cross referencing of terms will likely yield more.

- Rand