Well today is the day

floresjc

Well today is the day
« on: 26 Jun 2009, 04:24 pm »
Called Jim and placed my order. Decided to go with two pair of ST (dome version), a Song Center, and the 15" Rythmik servo with dual passive radiators. My wife also sent out the payment for the HT3's I got off audiogon. Hopefully, in 78 days, audio nirvana will be at my doorstep!

vintagebob

Re: Well today is the day
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2009, 04:41 pm »
Congrats!  Two pair of STs?!  :o

OgOgilby

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2009, 04:48 pm »
2 pairs of ST's, a Song Center, a 15" Rythmik servo, AND HT3's... color me jealous  :green:

Congrats, that should be a killer setup!

stc4life

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2009, 05:19 pm »
And to think how excited I was about ordering one pair of STRTs two weeks ago ... :o ... ok, I am still super excited, but two full set-ups is going to be sweet.  Congrats!

mathgeek97

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jun 2009, 05:28 pm »
floresjc,

Congrats and thanks for asking so many questions on this board.  It kept the discussions lively and helped me decide on my soon (I hope) to be built pair of HT2-TLs.
With all of those speakers, you're going to be very happy!  Stay safe and get home!

Kevin

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #5 on: 26 Jun 2009, 05:30 pm »
Called Jim and placed my order. Decided to go with two pair of ST (dome version), a Song Center, and the 15" Rythmik servo with dual passive radiators. My wife also sent out the payment for the HT3's I got off audiogon. Hopefully, in 78 days, audio nirvana will be at my doorstep!

And may I assume Ill get an invite to hear this very large family of Salk speakers and bass machine?

rahimlee54

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2009, 06:03 pm »
HT3s and song theater man, that is nice.

Congrats.

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jun 2009, 06:26 pm »
Wow.  Big speaker day.  You don't mess around, do you?  Congratulations.  You won't need to wait 78 days for the HT-3, however (I don't think that you will).  Be sure to let us know about your impressions of the HT-3 when you have a chance to listen.

mbakes

« Reply #8 on: 26 Jun 2009, 06:44 pm »
Congrats on the speakers.  I was a day late and a dollar short. :D

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #9 on: 26 Jun 2009, 07:08 pm »
What a haul ! Well done. Am guessing you'll have more than just audio nirvana at your doorstep in 78 days. Hope you've got lots of couches and spare bedrooms for all the new & old friends you'll have dropping in.

What finish did you decide on for the STs ? Keep us posted.  8)

Nuance

« Reply #10 on: 26 Jun 2009, 07:13 pm »
Whoa ho - nice!  Congratulations!  You're going to have such a great HT and 2-channel system.  You lucky man, you!

R Swerdlow

« Reply #11 on: 26 Jun 2009, 08:30 pm »
Congrats!!  Please tell us what finish you ordered.

And, yes when you are back, I want to see and hear all your new goodies.

floresjc

« Reply #12 on: 27 Jun 2009, 03:13 am »
Thanks everyone. I didn't have quite the long journey that others had to pick out speakers, but it still felt like a long time, been some months now deciding what to get. No, the HT3's will be there in a week or so, but I won't be home until Sept 13th, so my wife will have to keep them company until then.

The ST setup will all be in my rec room downstairs, I got the idea for an all ST 5.1 setup from zybar, who made a pretty convincing argument about identical full range channels in the era of lossless audio and multichannel music. My particular setup won't allow a ST for a center like his does, but the songcenter will do just fine. I don't really have that big a room, I kinda bought in the hopes of future proofing for when I have a bigger place. The basement is defintely bachelor pad, with all kinds of junk just stuffed where it will fit. The HT3's are going upstairs in my living room, my main floor is open and it will provide the ambiance music.

The HT3's are waterfall bubinga with solid bubinga plinths and trim. Months ago I sent Jim some gorgeous waterfall bubinga for the ST setup, way back when it was supposed to be a pair of ST and a pair of HT2-TL's. So there will be a small bubinga forest in my house. Until I found the used HT3's (which obviously I have no choice of veneer), i was going with claro walnut/macassar ebony HT2-TL's for a change of look. In any case, I like bubinga, even if I ended up with more of it than planned.

floresjc

« Reply #13 on: 27 Jun 2009, 03:21 am »
floresjc,

Congrats and thanks for asking so many questions on this board.  It kept the discussions lively and helped me decide on my soon (I hope) to be built pair of HT2-TLs.
With all of those speakers, you're going to be very happy!  Stay safe and get home!

Kevin

Thanks, I love talking speakers. I just love music period, and this is a really great hobby. Its like the perfect blend of thinking man's game (specs, physics, geek speak) and fun (just listening to the groove when its all done). This board has been immensely helpful for me, and I especially appreciate all the info passed to me by guys like Jim and Dennis and Jeff. To be able to converse with masters of the craft and learn is really awesome.

floresjc

« Reply #14 on: 27 Jun 2009, 03:25 am »

And may I assume Ill get an invite to hear this very large family of Salk speakers and bass machine?

You sure will. Although you'll have to give me some time to get it all set up and moved into place. I'm sure my neighbors won't be the happiest when the party starts (I live in a townhouse), but they'll learn to appreciate the fine audio quality scaring their animals and waking their children. ;)

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #15 on: 27 Jun 2009, 04:24 am »

You sure will. Although you'll have to give me some time to get it all set up and moved into place. I'm sure my neighbors won't be the happiest when the party starts (I live in a townhouse), but they'll learn to appreciate the fine audio quality scaring their animals and waking their children. ;)

Don't worry about the neighbors.  This is a buyers market, and I am sure that they will find nice homes after you drive them off with those low notes and SPLs.  Regardless. I was thinking (oh no, not the thinking again), with the pilots' communities, nudist communities, horse communities, firearms owners' communities, libertarian communities, golf communities, religious communities, etc., wouldn't it be nice to have an audio community?