Want to learn about your first experience!!

srb

Re: Want to learn about your first experience!!
« Reply #20 on: 25 Jun 2009, 01:01 am »
Were they selling Realistic brand stuff, like in the U.S.?  Or were they selling existing known brands like Pioneer, Kenwood, etc?

Steve

danman

« Reply #21 on: 25 Jun 2009, 01:01 am »
All I can say is that you better have a Depends diaper on when you first fire up the 7B'S!!!! :lol:

1oldguy

« Reply #22 on: 25 Jun 2009, 01:13 am »
Well It  was Realistic all the way....Thought I had the Mothership back then. :P aa

danman

« Reply #23 on: 25 Jun 2009, 01:21 am »
 :thumb:

Stu Pitt

« Reply #24 on: 25 Jun 2009, 03:11 am »
Radio Shack's Optimus line was rebadged Pioneer gear.  I believe some of the Realistic gear was too.  I think it depends on the time period it was made more than anything else.  Some of the stuff wasn't too bad for the money.

Obviously, there's no comparison to Bryston.  Then again, that's not really fair to either company.

1oldguy

« Reply #25 on: 25 Jun 2009, 10:47 am »
Here she is: :green:

http://www.antennaperformance.com/products2.asp?ProductID=161&CategoryID=3
I also herd it may have been made by Foster Electronics but of course I'm not sure.

1oldguy

« Reply #26 on: 25 Jun 2009, 02:43 pm »
And here are the Speakers.Not sure exactly made them.
http://gallery.audioreview.com/showphoto.php?photo=2316&si=speaker

srb

« Reply #27 on: 25 Jun 2009, 02:58 pm »
Probably was a decent receiver, 100W/ch and their top of the line.  That was a fair amount of coin back then.

The speakers are impressive in the fact they presumably can reach Mach speeds, are auto resetting and are "digital ready"  ;) .  Where was the "white van" parked?

Steve

1oldguy

« Reply #28 on: 25 Jun 2009, 03:13 pm »
I feel so exposed after reveling my first real system. :oops: :thumb:

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #29 on: 25 Jun 2009, 11:46 pm »
The BP6P and the 4BSST Pro are the best equipment I've owned. And I've owned some expensive equipment. Such as the megabuck FM Acoustics (from Switzerland) I had their 611 amp, and the damn thing used to overheat on me and shut down. I've never had that problem with my 4BSST.

The Bryston sounds great, is reliable, and is built like a tank. What more do you want?

werd

« Reply #30 on: 26 Jun 2009, 01:19 am »
The BP6P and the 4BSST Pro are the best equipment I've owned. And I've owned some expensive equipment. Such as the megabuck FM Acoustics (from Switzerland) I had their 611 amp, and the damn thing used to overheat on me and shut down. I've never had that problem with my 4BSST.

The Bryston sounds great, is reliable, and is built like a tank. What more do you want?

To do my laundry  .... hehe

danman

« Reply #31 on: 26 Jun 2009, 12:34 pm »
Can you change diapers? :green:

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #32 on: 28 Jun 2009, 01:24 am »

To do my laundry  .... hehe

:lol: 8)