7B SST2 vs 28 B SST2

Moon Doggy

Re: 7B SST2 vs 28 B SST2
« Reply #20 on: 12 Jun 2009, 05:12 pm »
Hey Bill,
 Too bad you can't be here in Winnipeg to watch the Moose and Bears. The joint should be jumpin'  :) Maybe they will have the upper deck open with 15,000 packed in. Heres hoping!

James

Yeah, it would be great to visit Winnipeg but my passport is expired and they won't let anyone in from the lower 48 without one.  Guess I'll have to watch it on the tube and count the hours until my 7B's arrive.  OK Mitcho, I'm curious as to what your alternate plans are for Sunday!! :lol:
:lol:

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #21 on: 12 Jun 2009, 09:57 pm »
I'm becoming more and more convinced that the 7B is really the way to go.

95Dyna

« Reply #22 on: 13 Jun 2009, 03:27 am »
Hey Bill,
 Too bad you can't be here in Winnipeg to watch the Moose and Bears. The joint should be jumpin'  :) Maybe they will have the upper deck open with 15,000 packed in. Heres hoping!

James

Yeah, it would be great to visit Winnipeg but my passport is expired and they won't let anyone in from the lower 48 without one.  Guess I'll have to watch it on the tube and count the hours until my 7B's arrive.  OK Mitcho, I'm curious as to what your alternate plans are for Sunday!! :lol:

You can get into Canada without the passport, you just won't be able to get back into your own country without it.  It's too bad, the passport issue really is putting a damper on travel.  Since I travelled outside NA, I had one, but I am sure quite a few are not going to get one.

No alternate plans for Sunday.   Should be a good game on Sunday.

Regardless, they are both very good teams and they seem to be very evenly matched.   Good luck.

Well, all the chips are in and it's a great night to be a Pennsylvanian.  I know how near and dear the game of hockey is to all Canadians so I hope you'll give it up for us tonight.  With the Penguins and the Bears winning the Stanley and Calder cups within 15 minutes of each other is just a bit much to absorb.  It's almost like anticipating the delivery of a pair of 7B SST2's.  Hats off to the Detroit Redwings and the Manitoba Moose for a great playoff finale.  And this on the heals of the Phillies and Steelers championships.  Way too much!!  Now, back to the 7B 28B discussion.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #23 on: 13 Jun 2009, 04:04 am »
PITs and RED-W -WHATA GAME!

james

mitcho

« Reply #24 on: 13 Jun 2009, 04:29 am »

was quite a night for you  congrats

Moon Doggy

« Reply #25 on: 13 Jun 2009, 06:24 am »
Hey Bill,

James

You can get into Canada without the passport, you just won't be able to get back into your own country without it.  It's too bad, the passport issue really is putting a damper on travel.  Since I travelled outside NA, I had one, but I am sure quite a few are not going to get one.

No alternate plans for Sunday.   Should be a good game on Sunday.

Regardless, they are both very good teams and they seem to be very evenly matched.   Good luck.

Well, all the chips are in and it's a great night to be a Pennsylvanian.  I know how near and dear the game of hockey is to all Canadians so I hope you'll give it up for us tonight.  With the Penguins and the Bears winning the Stanley and Calder cups within 15 minutes of each other is just a bit much to absorb.  It's almost like anticipating the delivery of a pair of 7B SST2's.  Hats off to the Detroit Redwings and the Manitoba Moose for a great playoff finale.  And this on the heals of the Phillies and Steelers championships.  Way too much!!  Now, back to the 7B 28B discussion.

Wuz thrilled to see the Pens win over the Wings. I knew Malkin's tussle with Zetterburg at the end of game 2 could be the turning point. He and Crosby are great leaders.

The Moose loss not so exciting but the Bears are the best so congrats to Hershey. :thumb:

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #26 on: 13 Jun 2009, 10:19 pm »
My Red Wings lost! I'm originally from Detroit.

mitcho

« Reply #27 on: 13 Jun 2009, 10:30 pm »
You have had a lot to cheer about for a number of years.   The Red Wings are the class of the NHL in the last 15 years.  Even though from Winnipeg, I have been a Red Wing's fan since a boy watching Gordie Howe and Alex Delvecchio.  Most of my friends were either Montreal or Toronto fans.  I favored the Red Wings. 

95Dyna

« Reply #28 on: 15 Jun 2009, 01:13 pm »
I guess we should have started a new thread, "creative ways to tie Bryston products to hockey".  But I guess if James Tanner can chime in without mentioning the 7B or 28B then the rest of us are on firm ground. :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #29 on: 15 Jun 2009, 01:37 pm »
I have often found that people who like hockey have better ears!

james

95Dyna

« Reply #30 on: 15 Jun 2009, 02:26 pm »
......and if you have better ears you would naturally gravitate towards Bryston.  That's it!  That's the tie in.  Brilliant, James.  That's why you're the V.P. and we aren't. :thumb:

mitcho

« Reply #31 on: 16 Jun 2009, 03:05 am »
I guess we should have started a new thread, "creative ways to tie Bryston products to hockey".  But I guess if James Tanner can chime in without mentioning the 7B or 28B then the rest of us are on firm ground. :thumb:

I guess you could say we scored when we purchased the equipment.  Ties into hockey nicely

mitcho

« Reply #32 on: 17 Jun 2009, 02:24 am »
got the 7B's today.  early indications are they are very good amps even at low volumes.   Smooth, yet detailed.  Great bottom end.  Great control of the drivers.

I had heard a 3B SST (not squared) and the 7B is quite an upgrade from it.

1oldguy

« Reply #33 on: 17 Jun 2009, 10:50 am »
That's great about being good at low volumes.It was one of the major selling points for me.

mitcho

« Reply #34 on: 17 Jun 2009, 12:16 pm »
That's great about being good at low volumes.It was one of the major selling points for me.

likewise for me.   By the time I get to listen to music in the evening, it is rather late and I don't get to use it at too much a level.   It was very good last evening at very low levels.

Levi

« Reply #35 on: 17 Jun 2009, 12:42 pm »
I agree.  Most of my quality listening time is late night and at low to moderate volume levels.  It reminds me of the low-rpm torque of a good 32 valve V8 that revs freely into high rpm when you stomp the gas pedal. :)  The speed builds up quickly until you let go of the pedal or you ran out of road. :lol:

Levi

« Reply #36 on: 17 Jun 2009, 12:46 pm »
Here you go.  You can hear everything now!  Bua ha ha ha :lol:

Levi

« Reply #37 on: 17 Jun 2009, 12:48 pm »
Now this is your 28BSST like an SL600.  A V12 with twin-turbo.  Smooth, quiet, jet like Immediacy and top-end! :thumb:

95Dyna

« Reply #38 on: 17 Jun 2009, 02:05 pm »
This is all great to hear.  I just ordered a pair of 7's last Thursday and am now more eagerly awaiting their arrival along with a BP26P.

KimKman

« Reply #39 on: 17 Jun 2009, 02:33 pm »
Pretty funny comparing to these cars. You own these btw? Have to figure out where my little John Cooper Works Supercharged Mini Cooper fits in. Zippy and tight maybe :)

Also, have a pair of new 7BSST2 Squared units in for sale section some might want to look at.