A Summer GtG

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: A Summer GtG
« Reply #40 on: 3 Aug 2009, 01:10 pm »
Back from vacation............Sorry to hear I missed what sounded like an awesome G2G.
I was recently turned on to Emotiva. They've got a couple amps that would go great in my HT room.  aa

Bob

Mac11700

Re: A Summer GtG
« Reply #41 on: 4 Aug 2009, 01:18 am »

?Maybe Ken or Joe will chime in on the equipment and how things sounded to them.?

Mac and Sue thank you for hosting such a wonderful event! When you said the Emotiva guys were going to be there, I assumed another local/regional web forum group and was pleasantly surprised to meet the ?EMOTIVA GUYS?!

I feel like a kid in a candy store at these events, so much cool gear to see and hear!
Some of your gear I especially enjoyed hearing were the Shanling MC-30, that has to be the ideal system for an office or bedroom. Your modded speakers are really nice. The turntable kicked too!  The big plasma was the icing on the cake for your HT.

I lost track of the dining room system(s), something seemed to be getting swapped around with every CD. What were the speakers with the outboard x-overs?

If I knew it was going to turn into a shooting range, I would have brought my hearing protection. :lol:   Seriously, that was an awesome test/demo piece!

I also liked hearing your Seaton sub, a lot of talk going around about that sub. How does he do it, a great value in subs!

A great event and sooo much stuff to see and hear!

I could consider the Emotiva gear, esp. the electronics, next time I'm looking for something.

Thanks Again,
Joe

It was nice meeting you Joe....and I'm glad you had fun..The speakers your asking about is a pair of Onix ELT-LRS's..you can read all abot them here..http://ninjasreview.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166...

Hope to have another smaller meet sometime before X=mas..so I'll keep you posted

Mac