Media Monkey vs DB Poweramp vs Foobar

scp2

Media Monkey vs DB Poweramp vs Foobar
« on: 4 Jun 2009, 08:25 pm »
I am looking in to going discless...which of these programs do you favor and why? I am sure this has been covered...but I went back a few pages and did not see it.  I want easy.

Thanks
Barry

BradJudy

Re: Media Monkey vs DB Poweramp vs Foobar
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2009, 08:28 pm »
For what purpose?  I use dbPowerAmp for ripping and Foobar for playback.  I have also used EAC for ripping and Winamp for playback.

Media Monkey could be used for either, but I didn't like it as much when I tried it.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2009, 08:34 pm »
I like EAC for ripping to FLAC.  For playback I like playwasapi for it's sound quality, much better than the next best player, which is foobar with wasapi plugin.  But, foobar has a nice interface while playwasapi has no interface at all.  Still, from a sound quality standpoint, there's no contest: playwasapi kicks serious butt over foobar.

scp2

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jun 2009, 09:57 pm »
My biggest concern is ease of ripping, tagging, organizing. Oncethat is done...huess you can play on anybody's player??? Media Monkey's web site was the easiest for me to understand and seemed like they did everything. Keep in mind I know very little and am looking for answers. I did not think you would use several for different aps.

Barry

DanH

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jun 2009, 01:39 am »
I have used all three and I find myself using dbpoweramp the most for ripping to flac. If you pay the 5 dollar fee for the music database access I find you often get better results for automatically tagging your tracks than the public databases. It also checks your rip with the accuraterip service. I ripped several hundred CD's for use with my squeeze box with no problems. I set all error checking settings to the maximum values. I also change the path it uses for storing the tracks. It's default mode is to put all album tracks for an artist in the same folder. I prefer to have each album in it owns folder under the artist.