Thanks Doug
How can you tell or hear if an alignment is needed  :scratch:

doug s.

• makin' music
Re: FS: Sumo Aurora Tuner
« Reply #21 on: 17 Jul 2011, 05:47 am »
Thanks Doug
How can you tell or hear if an alignment is needed  :scratch:
unfortunately, unless a tuna is really out of alignment, you cannot really tell - it will still sound quite good.  i have a rotel rht-10 that is one of my best sounding tunas. i sent it off for mods and alignment - i really wanted the mods; the alignment was part of the deal.  when the tech told me how much out of spec it was, it was really quite amazing.  it would likely sound noticeably better w/the alignment only.  (i haven't gotten it back yet, but based on this info, and what others say about it after mods, it may even surpass my present faves - my modded/refurb'd hk citation 18, and my modded refurb'd sansui tu-x1, and my refurb'd sherwood s3000v).  a decent alignment from a qualified tech should be <$100, which is why i say it's worth it for that tuna, considering its age and that you got it for such a good price.  likely almost any tuna that age is out of spec at least somewhat...  due to manufacturing tolerances, and the fact that proper alignment of a tuna is as much an art as a science, many tunas are not properly set up even when brand-new...

doug s.

orthobiz

Re: FS: Sumo Aurora Tuner
« Reply #22 on: 17 Jul 2011, 12:52 pm »
After 2yrs you can mark it sold!

Paul