Music Afternoon/Evening

Sonny

Re: Music Afternoon/Evening
« Reply #20 on: 22 Jun 2009, 12:59 am »
Hopefully there's not a Giant's game going on Tuesday.
T

TheChairGuy

« Reply #21 on: 22 Jun 2009, 02:47 am »
I'm out.

As it turns out, I'll be around this week, but I have an early morning meeting the next day in Watsonville (a 2 hour ride from here) I need to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for :)

Then, I'll be away down south in LA June 28 thru July 4 weekend the plan currently....

Sorry / regards, John 8)

Sonny

« Reply #22 on: 22 Jun 2009, 03:01 am »
We'll miss ya John...
Have a prosperous and safe trip...
T

TheChairGuy

« Reply #23 on: 22 Jun 2009, 03:04 am »
We'll miss ya John...
Have a prosperous and safe trip...
T

Thanks T...it's West Marine in Watsonville for you boaters :inlove:

John

Sonny

« Reply #24 on: 24 Jun 2009, 06:38 am »
Ramesh,

Thanks for having us over tonight...You have a wonderful system...that MSR DAC is awesome!  32-bit Dual, WOW!  I think the system was scary good at imaging and soundstage. 

Also, it was nice to see some of the guys from Santa Cruz!  Hope you guys made it back safely!

I'll PM my email and we can talk about cables.

Thanks again.

Tuan

R_burke

« Reply #25 on: 24 Jun 2009, 02:03 pm »
So I wasn't able to get there,  :oops: how about some info on the gtg

Also - Attendees from Santa Cruz???  Maybe we can do something closer to home for us - I live in Boulder Creek

orientalexpress

« Reply #26 on: 24 Jun 2009, 02:54 pm »
Ramesh,

Thanks you for having us over,first time i heard that ORION speakers.i'm very impressive with the image with that speakers plus That DAC is something else

lapsan

Len_Dreyer

« Reply #27 on: 24 Jun 2009, 04:42 pm »
Ramesh,

Thanks for a very nice evening. I was very impressed with your system, space and music. It was great getting to meet some of the NorCal group. Looking forward to the next NorCal get-together. R_Burke, we'll have to do something soon. I'm in Live Oak & John is in Santa Cruz.

Len

Sonny

« Reply #28 on: 24 Jun 2009, 06:26 pm »
Len, it was good to meet you and John...
You guys do need to catch up with Richard...
T

watercourse

« Reply #29 on: 24 Jun 2009, 07:54 pm »
Nice meeting such good folks at my first NorCal event.
Ramesh, your system and space are awesome, thanks for introducing us to new music and being such a gracious host! Great event!
Wilson

Briefremarks

« Reply #30 on: 24 Jun 2009, 08:30 pm »
Thanks to everyone who came.  Glad that all made it home safe.  I was really thrilled to discover new music--Eric's "special" collection, and the Fleet Foxes.  Let's do this again reasonably soon.  In the meanwhile the system and space are always available for music related events.  I'm trying to get Marcus Shelby to rehearse or perform a section of his Harriet Tubman album live and will let everyone know if this happens. I thought I'd also mention some of the music I played just in case others are interested.

Howard Wiley: The Angola Project
Miles Davis & John Coltrane: The Complete Columbia Recordings 1955-1961
Henry Threadgill: Where's Your Cup?
Hector Zazou: Sahara Blue (based on the poems of Arthur Rimbaud)

eweitzman

« Reply #31 on: 25 Jun 2009, 03:53 am »
I second all the above: thanks, Ramesh.

I have the same speakers and was mucho curious to hear them in Ramesh's very large space. They do (did) really well in that bright, echoing 70' wide office space. My space is a much more intimate and very well damped (RT60=300ms broadband, increasing in the deep lows), bringing out different qualities in the speakers. If anyone would like to listen to them here, send me a PM and maybe we can arrange something in Sunnyvale. I just can't accommodate several hundred people...  ;)

- Eric