Planar Symmetrica finally done!

skiz6151

Re: Planar Symmetrica finally done!
« Reply #20 on: 7 Jun 2009, 12:35 am »
The kit is $2,150/pr. with shipping to the mainland USA. That includes drivers, assembled crossovers,terminals,screws,connectors,and internal wiring.

Rick is that quote with planars or is it with ribbons

Also what would be the cost of the flat packs

Cacophonix

« Reply #21 on: 7 Jun 2009, 06:34 am »
Great, thank you for the info.  I like Ebony and was seriously thinking of using that veneer on my recent speaker project and I went with Pau Ferro.  Will probably use Ebony down the road.  I also used Waterlox (high gloss) on my speakers after much reading on the subject.

How did you apply pressure to the veneer on your roundover?

I rolled the iron box over the roundover very very slowly making sure that veneer sticks. Its a little trickly, but you'll get a hang of it very soon :)

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #22 on: 7 Jun 2009, 09:46 pm »
The kit is $2,150/pr. with shipping to the mainland USA. That includes drivers, assembled crossovers,terminals,screws,connectors,and internal wiring.

Rick is that quote with planars or is it with ribbons

Also what would be the cost of the flat packs

BG Neo8PDR planars. I'll have to talk to my cabinetmaker for a flat pack quote.

skiz6151

« Reply #23 on: 8 Jun 2009, 06:27 pm »
Seeing as the Symmetrica is near the price range, I may as well go all the way. What are the woofers and tweeter used in the Symmetrica? Also is the flat pack the same as the one mentioned in this thread?

Just to make sure the Arrays will pretty much blow all other floor standers and Monitors away correct?

I'm in the process of moving so it may take about a month or so for me to finalized everything and talk you Rick about the arrays

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #24 on: 9 Jun 2009, 04:56 pm »
Seeing as the Symmetrica is near the price range, I may as well go all the way. What are the woofers and tweeter used in the Symmetrica? Also is the flat pack the same as the one mentioned in this thread?

Just to make sure the Arrays will pretty much blow all other floor standers and Monitors away correct?

I'm in the process of moving so it may take about a month or so for me to finalized everything and talk you Rick about the arrays

HiVi woofers and Fountek tweeters. We can do flat packs for any of the arrays. As far as comparison with other types of designs it really depends on what goals you have for your system. In terms of dynamics, high sensitivity, low distortion / compression, and soundstage the arrays are hard to beat.

skiz6151

« Reply #25 on: 14 Jun 2009, 09:53 pm »
Rick please post back once you get a pricing for the flat pack, or you can pm, email me. I need to know the price so I can know how much to save to in the coming month