Hockey

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
Re: Hockey
« Reply #20 on: 29 May 2009, 10:20 pm »
ok Max... Your team is lookin' a little long in the tooth. Where is Mr. Lidstrom? Will you be able to hold off the Russian bear and his little whiney sidekick? aa

MaxCast

« Reply #21 on: 30 May 2009, 04:23 pm »
ok Max... Your team is lookin' a little long in the tooth. Where is Mr. Lidstrom? Will you be able to hold off the Russian bear and his little whiney sidekick? aa

We'll find out tonight  :D
Nick, Datsyuk and Ericsson were all out for this last game.  Nick and Ericsson are expected to play tonight.
Me thinks Hosa is a little nervous right now.  :lol:

pjchappy

« Reply #22 on: 30 May 2009, 11:11 pm »
I'm looking forward to tonight's game.  Gonna be on the Wings' side tonight.

MaxCast

« Reply #23 on: 13 Jun 2009, 12:54 am »
Anybody watchin' game 7 ???
0-0 after 1.  Pretty balanced so far.

MaxCast

« Reply #24 on: 13 Jun 2009, 02:54 am »
Congrats Pens.  :notworthy:
Hosa got hosed, glad Sidney is ok.  Not enough shots on goal in the first 2 periods and Detroit did not take advantage of enough second chances. 

pardales

« Reply #25 on: 13 Jun 2009, 03:01 am »
Much as I was rootin for the Wings I must congratulate the Penguins. They were the better team.

MaxCast

« Reply #26 on: 13 Jun 2009, 03:02 am »
 :sad:

prokennex

« Reply #27 on: 13 Jun 2009, 11:02 am »
There was a picture in our daily paper of Sidney Crosby next to a washer littered with puck marks, that he used as a kid for target practise.
He is from Cole Harbour Nova Scotia, the same province that I'm from. The province is proud of Sidney to say the least.
It was an exciting series.

jermmd

« Reply #28 on: 13 Jun 2009, 11:54 am »
Great series! Better because I was rooting for the Penguins and I really didn't think they could beat Detroit in Detroit-especially after the beating they took in game 5. The Redwings dominated the third period but Pittsburg was able to hang on...just barely. What exactly was Crosby's injury anyway? He seemed OK when he was hoisting the cup over his head.

MaxCast

« Reply #29 on: 13 Jun 2009, 12:09 pm »
Crosby and a Red Wing was racing up the boards and got hipped into the board.  HIs left leg took most of the hit.  He left in the second and returned for the start of the 3rd.  I think he played 2 short shifts.  I think he will be ok.  It looked like he just couldn't put any real pressure (game level) on it.

s_cervin

« Reply #30 on: 13 Jun 2009, 12:16 pm »
Well a great Friday was not supposed to end that way.  Was really hoping I'd be limping home from the D right now after a crazy night of celebration.  Instead I wake up to rain drops and clouds on a very somber day. 

It was going to come down to mistakes and the Wings made a couple costly ones.  Many will say the first goal should not have happended due to icing, but you can't turn it over like that behind the net.  The Wings looked like the pressure got to them....forcing plays, bad passes, and a ton of offsides.  At some point I felt the "stars" on the team would begin to score because the 3rd and 4th line well was going to run dry.

If the Wings play like they did in game 5 I'm probably not up with my son and sober.  It kills me to say it, but the better team won last night.  Either way it was a great series for hockey fans.

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #31 on: 13 Jun 2009, 07:42 pm »
A good series to be an somewhat impartial viewer for. I hate redwings fans more than the team itself. The organization is one of, if not the best in all of pro sports.

I knew one of my ex-Kings would make some bone head play for Detroit! Atta' boy Stewart! :duh:

TOOOOOOOO Bad for Hossa. Toooooooooooo, toooooooooo, bad! My heart is just breaking.  :bawl: :rotflmao:
I will respect him a little more if he re-signs for the wings. Otherwise, BOOOOO!

I am very happy for Dan Bylsma. A great great guy. Hope he gets a chance to stick long term with a team.

So Max, found a new avatar yet?

MaxCast

« Reply #32 on: 13 Jun 2009, 08:04 pm »
Yep, time for a new avatar.  How long till the NFL season :)  gotta find my Packer gif.
Bylsma does seem like a good guy.  Maybe Hosa was paid to suck in this series  :lol: He sure had a good series against Chicago.

mcgsxr

« Reply #33 on: 13 Jun 2009, 08:17 pm »
I will admit that I am happy with the outcome, but I was also surprised.

I expected the Red Wings to continue to dominate at home, and figured it might be a 5-2 final score with Osgood carrying the cup.  Lucky (unlucky?) crossbar in the 3rd, or I think the outcome is dramatically different.

Ah well, it was a great series, and a very cool storyline with both teams meeting again after last year.  Now we need a rubber match this coming season!