28B's Boiling Hot!!

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
Re: 28B's Boiling Hot!!
« Reply #20 on: 28 Jun 2009, 04:19 pm »
Is there anymore more information available with respect as to why these particular 28Bs were operating at higher than normal temperatures (was it a bias issue)? 

Thanks? :D

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #21 on: 30 Jun 2009, 12:12 pm »
Is there anymore more information available with respect as to why these particular 28Bs were operating at higher than normal temperatures (was it a bias issue)? 

Hi D,

It was a bias issue but there appeared to be other issues as well - we are looking into it.

james

Viajero5000

Laundrew

« Reply #23 on: 30 Sep 2009, 09:07 pm »

Hi D,

It was a bias issue but there appeared to be other issues as well - we are looking into it.

james

Hello James,

What other issues were related to this temperature problem on these 28Bs? As I own a pair, I just like to keep informed and up to date on any maintenance issues.

Be well...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #24 on: 30 Sep 2009, 09:17 pm »
Hi,

Yes it was just a bias adjustment.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #25 on: 30 Sep 2009, 09:49 pm »
HI Laundrew,

Speaking of 28B's I just hooked up my 28B's to the JBL Array 1400's in my large listening room last week - boy that's a kick ass system!

james

Laundrew

« Reply #26 on: 30 Sep 2009, 11:40 pm »
HI Laundrew,

Speaking of 28B's I just hooked up my 28B's to the JBL Array 1400's in my large listening room last week - boy that's a kick ass system!

james

Hello James,

Thank you very much.

This is what I thought when I walked into Altronics Stereo 2000 and auditioned this system. I remember just standing there with my mouth open :o

I was very fortunate that Ron and Rob had all this equipment on the shelf ready for a demo (to list only a few...7Bs, 28Bs, BP26, BCD-1, Esoteric, Krell and all the JBL Project Array speaker series). They were a pleasure to deal with and were very down to earth - very refreshing. Rob even delivered the 1400s to me on New Years Eve (160Km round trip)!

As for the 28Bs/BP26 - I could not be more happy with their performance and aesthetics. I like to anthromorphise all of my equipment and the 28Bs personify "quiet, dilicate rage." I auditioned many amplifier/preamplifier combinations, but there was just something about the Bryston gear that seemed to stand out. I remember that some of the big amplifiers that I auditioned, had to get into their power band to wake them up a little - definately not the case for the 28Bs! I seem to have a silly grin pop up on my face now and then when I am listening to my system or just looking at it :wink:

Be well...

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #27 on: 1 Oct 2009, 09:27 pm »
I wonder how the 4348s stack up against the Arrays. A hard thing to do of course.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #28 on: 1 Oct 2009, 09:34 pm »
The Arrays are really a totally different approach from Greg Timbers of JBL. 

They are an attempt to take the best of what horns have to offer and mate those benefits with the best of what audiophile designed speakers have to offer.

james
« Last Edit: 2 Oct 2009, 04:12 pm by James Tanner »

vegasdave

« Reply #29 on: 1 Oct 2009, 09:36 pm »
I see. Are they flat or are they lively in the high frequencies?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #30 on: 1 Oct 2009, 09:41 pm »

I have run some spectral analysis and impulse response curves on them and they have a very flat frequency response.

james

Dilbert

« Reply #31 on: 2 Oct 2009, 05:02 am »
I wonder how the 4348s stack up against the Arrays. A hard thing to do of course.

4348's are voiced for the Japanese audiophile market. I think you'd be comparing apples to oranges

vegasdave

« Reply #32 on: 2 Oct 2009, 06:53 pm »

I have run some spectral analysis and impulse response curves on them and they have a very flat frequency response.

james

Cool. If I only had the money...lol.

vegasdave

« Reply #33 on: 2 Oct 2009, 06:54 pm »

4348's are voiced for the Japanese audiophile market. I think you'd be comparing apples to oranges

Perhaps. But, they're both great speakers. I like the 4348s because you can tailor the sound to your room and your tastes.

Kenrick Sound in Tokyo will ship them to North America, but again, I don't have the money!

So, I'm stuck with the L890s! lol.

Laundrew

« Reply #34 on: 2 Oct 2009, 08:20 pm »

james

Cool. If I only had the money...lol.

As Homer Simpson would say... "Mmmm...very-flat-frequency-response-goood, arrgguuhhh..." :drool:

vegasdave

« Reply #35 on: 2 Oct 2009, 08:28 pm »
 :D