USB DACS-- is there a need?

doctorcilantro

Re: USB DACS-- is there a need?
« Reply #20 on: 6 Jul 2009, 04:57 pm »
Doesn't matter what the chip in the DAC can do; you have to verify if their USB implementation can do high-res.

The Peachtree NOVA chip can do 192kHz; they choose to go up to 96kHz and the USB on it only does 44kHz.

DC

jrebman

« Reply #21 on: 8 Jul 2009, 01:05 am »
Quiet Earth,

Check out the specs for Audio Note UK DAC 0.1x.  A surprise awaits you :-)

-- Jim

Quiet Earth

« Reply #22 on: 9 Jul 2009, 04:17 am »
Thanks for the reminder Jim!

Yeah, I saw a few articles that briefly introduced the DAC 0.1x, but I don't remember whatever became of it. AN doesn't list it as a finished product on their website either. I think it was supposed to be an entry level DAC (zero series?), but that's about all I remember.

jrebman

« Reply #23 on: 9 Jul 2009, 01:28 pm »
QE,

It is now available.  I haven't seen it yet, but I do hope to get my hands on one sometime this summer as my local friends, Mike and Neli Davis are the U.S. AN distributors.  There is also a matching transport, and now even a matching 8 watt 6bm8 amplifier.  Gotta get up there to hear all this soon, but will also need to resist the temptation to listen to the Kegan balanced and the M10 :D.

I've heard them, but you really don't want to listen to that stuff when checking out the zero level gear.

-- Jim

Quiet Earth

« Reply #24 on: 9 Jul 2009, 03:05 pm »
Cool! 8) Thanks for the update Jim. The AN catalog is constantly on the move . . . . . Please keep us posted when you get a chance to hear one of those DACs.

:thumb: