Art Di/o DAC - Modded with upgraded power supply $150

jeffjazz

$150 - Art Di/O DAC. I did all the mods to this very popular DAC. This Modded Dac was used by a major speaker manufacturer at a High End show (I think it was VMPS). The only mods that were not done were the Class A output and upgraded voltage regulator. All caps, diodes, resistor were upgraded (in power supply and signal path). In addition the Opamp was swapped for the best sounding one (LT1362), and a Socket for opamps was installed so they can be swapped without resoldering. The RCA jacks were upgraded (Cardas) and also the wiring (Audioquest). Power switch was installed and all the Diodes were upgraded (Schotskey). Other mods I can't remember!]Also included is a Stancor upgraded power supply - which cost $30 by itself. Easily $100 in part upgrades on this ( + hours of labor!) and it sounds nothing like stock. Rated a 7 because it is a modded Dac. Case is in excellent shape. It will do 24/96 also for high resolution audio. I have perfect feedback on Audiogon and ebay. Pics here http://trade.audioasylum.com/ca/listing/DAC-Processors/Art/Di-O/Modded-amp-upgraded-transformer/24146
Email jeffjazz@comcast.net

BobM

Re: Art Di/o DAC - Modded with upgraded power supply $150
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2009, 12:33 pm »
Still one of the best inexpensive little modded DAC's you can get. No, it doesn't compete those $2000 DAC's like it used to 5 years ago (digital has improved a lot in the last 5 years), but it is mighty musical with great bass and dynamics and PRAT. Very natural sounding with detail, but not that excessive artificial kind.

For $150 someone should jump on this.

Bob

jeffjazz

« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2009, 04:46 am »
Sale Pending.

jeffjazz

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jun 2009, 05:43 am »
SOLD