A must try free demo!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: A must try free demo!
« Reply #320 on: 29 Apr 2010, 12:30 am »
Glad I was able to help in the R&D.   :D

That's not a bad cost for the option...the good thing is that some may want to just purchase new units and they can still turnover their older units for a very good price and save the buyer some dough.
You are a great guinea pig   :D

I'm pretty sure that price is for real.  I'll know by the end of the week.

I'm always happy to build more...............

Dave

Audioclyde

« Reply #321 on: 29 Apr 2010, 03:08 pm »
Hi, Randy.  I ordered your Furutech today.  Patience, my good man, patience.....

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mean, huh?   :icon_twisted:

Dave

OK Dave, I'll be patient  8).   By the way, if the beta after-filters are something I could/should consider for my Uber, shoot me an email with your thoughts.

Thanks,

Randy

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #322 on: 29 Apr 2010, 03:13 pm »
OK Dave, I'll be patient  8).   By the way, if the beta after-filters are something I could/should consider for my Uber, shoot me an email with your thoughts.

Thanks,

Randy

I get the patience award.   :lol:

If you are able to spend the extra money, then do the upgrade.  It's that simple!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #323 on: 29 Apr 2010, 05:04 pm »

Thanks,

Randy
Email sent.

Thanks for your patience, but Jason is right.  He OWNS the patience award.

I came up with an idea some months ago and told him I would send him a test version.  I got busy, I tested and rejected 3 versions and then had the idea that finally made it work.  Problem was, the vendor was out of what I wanted and it took a month to get it done.  All told, I think it was three months until he got the unit.  Hey, at least I had installed the wrong connectors  :roll:  Took another couple of weeks to get it up and running.

I decided to not release that product because I felt that it was snake-bit.  Live and learn, I guess. 

:bounce:

Dave

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #324 on: 29 Apr 2010, 05:13 pm »
Email sent.

but Jason is right. 
Dave

That's like music to my ears.   :kiss:  Now if I could only get my wife to agree with you...

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Audioclyde

« Reply #325 on: 29 Apr 2010, 06:24 pm »
Jason, if your wife is anything like mine on that front, good luck :lol:!

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #326 on: 29 Apr 2010, 06:59 pm »
Jason, if your wife is anything like mine on that front, good luck :lol:!

I'm waiting for the good luck.   :lol:

We need to be careful with VLI & VLII.   :green:

Ruby Mae

« Reply #327 on: 29 Apr 2010, 07:15 pm »
We need to be careful with VLI & VLII.   :green:

we r watching  :lol:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #328 on: 29 Apr 2010, 07:31 pm »

Ruby Mae

« Reply #329 on: 29 Apr 2010, 07:39 pm »
:peek:
:guns: :whip: :uzi: :lol:

BTW Dave it's the 1st day I made it to work by 10am (which is on time in my book) since I hopped on the Maijk Buss ... when my boss gets annoyed I blame you   :lol:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #330 on: 29 Apr 2010, 08:11 pm »
:guns: :whip: :uzi: :lol:

BTW Dave it's the 1st day I made it to work by 10am (which is on time in my book) since I hopped on the Maijk Buss ... when my boss gets annoyed I blame you   :lol:
Gladly accepted.  Tell him if he doesn't like it I (me, Dave) quit!  See how he likes that  :wink:

Dave

Ruby Mae

« Reply #331 on: 29 Apr 2010, 08:12 pm »
Gladly accepted.  Tell him if he doesn't like it I (me, Dave) quit!  See how he likes that  :wink:

Dave

sounds like a plan to me  :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #332 on: 29 Apr 2010, 10:28 pm »
I personally feel the upgraded beta filters are well worth the $100 upgrade if available. My system has never sounded better, the bass tighter & textured or the video sharper. Dave definitely stepped up the performance a notch or 3 here.

I thank you Jason for being such a good beta boy and my UberBuss thanks you too as does my system.  :notworthy:

Cheers.
Robin

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #333 on: 29 Apr 2010, 11:45 pm »
"Mildly" customized Rev B w/20A PC is at the house and I'm on the road for a few more weeks.  Doh!!   :duh:  Looking forward to getting home to put it in front of my amps.

Thanks Dave!!

vinyl_lady

« Reply #334 on: 30 Apr 2010, 12:02 am »
:peek:

Jason,

would you like to have us talk to your wife? :eyebrows: :lol:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #335 on: 30 Apr 2010, 12:06 am »
Jason,

would you like to have us talk to your wife? :eyebrows: :lol:

Noooooooo[/size][/b]

vinyl_lady

« Reply #336 on: 30 Apr 2010, 12:16 am »

Audioclyde

« Reply #337 on: 13 May 2010, 01:05 am »
OK, so I received my somewhat custom Uber Monday (thanks again for the above & beyond effort Dave!); plugged it into my Equitech, and have my 300B SET integrated, REL sub and MW Transporter plugged into the Uber (different receptacle pairs of course).  I got to listen a few hours Monday evening, then basically had all the equipment unplugged Tues night due to the tornado/thunderstorms that blew thru Oklahoma.  Listened just a short while last night, and have got to spend a couple hours here in front of the system this evening.

What can I say that hasn't been said already, and more eloquently than I can....as I told Dave in my 1st email to him after listening--I guess due to the silky black background the Uber imparts, my system has never imaged this well (I'm talking pinpoint imaging and separation now), and the other thing I really notice is how much tighter and impactful the bass is.  As I have said before, I barely have the REL sub working, crossed over around 38hz and not much gain (more than once I've been listening to my DA-RMa's thinking the sub was on, only to realize I had forgotten to turn it back on after some system tweak, etc.)...I going to have to adjust the sub down even lower!  And the little micro details are coming out and yes, the old cliche, I'm hearing things I didn't realize were there.

:drool: :drool:  Umm, Dave, don't think this one is coming back.  And yes, you were right (all of you here on this AC thread and Dave!)--skeptics, on-the-fencers, just give this thing a try!!

Randy

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #338 on: 13 May 2010, 11:26 am »
Glad you like it!

Surprised to see tha you're crossing your sub at 38Hz.  Seems pretty low...

I mean, what speakers are the DA-MA's?  Daedulis?  Where are they flat to? 

Brucemck

« Reply #339 on: 13 May 2010, 01:20 pm »

I use a 20 amp PurePower UPC/regenerator upstream of my audio gear .... is it safe to plug an Uber into that, or, does it have to go upstream?

Same question for a PS Audio Premier, which is on my video gear.