A must try free demo!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: A must try free demo!
« Reply #260 on: 10 Apr 2010, 02:31 pm »

IF there was some way I could setup my system so I could use the Buss after my BPT, then I'd consider it but I just don't have the room. Seeing how I'm only using 1 plugin on the UberBuss as it is for the BPT only, it doesn't make much sense to expand outlets, now does it?  :D

Cheers,
Robin

Why can't you use the Buss after the BPT?

George

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #261 on: 10 Apr 2010, 02:44 pm »
Why can't you use the Buss after the BPT?

George

A total lack of room George. To even consider using it any other way with my system, I'd have to replace every power cord in my system with ones that were at least another meter longer,,, at least. As it stands now, my dedicated outlet was built under my system in the cellar for lack of room and I have the BPT's power cord running thru an unused baseboard pipe hole. My UberBuss sits in the cellar next to the outlet. It's the only logical way to use the Buss so that everything in my system benefits from both conditioners. At last count, I have 17 power cords running thru the BPT (with the use of a 9 outlet power strip).

To summerize,,, too many toys, too little room.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #262 on: 10 Apr 2010, 03:17 pm »

IF there was some way I could setup my system so I could use the Buss after my BPT, then I'd consider it but I just don't have the room. Seeing how I'm only using 1 plugin on the UberBuss as it is for the BPT only, it doesn't make much sense to expand outlets, now does it?  :D

Cheers,
Robin
It is more than just outlets.  The Mutha has parts and pieces that are not in anything else that I make + EVERYTHING inside is cryoed.  It is a very special unit.

Dave

ctviggen

« Reply #263 on: 10 Apr 2010, 03:21 pm »

A total lack of room George. To even consider using it any other way with my system, I'd have to replace every power cord in my system with ones that were at least another meter longer,,, at least. As it stands now, my dedicated outlet was built under my system in the cellar for lack of room and I have the BPT's power cord running thru an unused baseboard pipe hole. My UberBuss sits in the cellar next to the outlet. It's the only logical way to use the Buss so that everything in my system benefits from both conditioners. At last count, I have 17 power cords running thru the BPT (with the use of a 9 outlet power strip).

To summerize,,, too many toys, too little room.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

17 power cords?  What gear do you have? (I'll be lucky to get to 10 power cords.) 

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #264 on: 10 Apr 2010, 03:22 pm »
It is more than just outlets.  The Mutha has parts and pieces that are not in anything else that I make + EVERYTHING inside is cryoed.  It is a very special unit.

Dave

Well thanks for throwing that bug into my head Dave,, now I'll just have to send my UberBuss out to be fully cryoed. I'm surprised I didn't think of it sooner as everything else in my system has been fully cryoed including my Mhdt Havana that I just got back thursday from Cryoparts.  :lol: 

Cheers,
Robin

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #265 on: 10 Apr 2010, 03:25 pm »
17 power cords?  What gear do you have? (I'll be lucky to get to 10 power cords.)

That's what the Systems link is for Bob. It's an A/V HTPC audio system with lots of gear & too little room.  :duh:

Cheers,
Robin

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #266 on: 10 Apr 2010, 03:41 pm »

Well thanks for throwing that bug into my head Dave,, now I'll just have to send my UberBuss out to be fully cryoed. I'm surprised I didn't think of it sooner as everything else in my system has been fully cryoed including my Mhdt Havana that I just got back thursday from Cryoparts.  :lol: 

Cheers,
Robin
Just remember that wood is very picky about cryo treatment.  If it's dry, OK... if it is wet... not so OK.  What kind of humidity where you live? Just make sure that you discuss it with Lee before sending the whole unit.

Other than that, stellar idea... but that is still only part of what makes Mutha a MUTHA!

Dave

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #267 on: 10 Apr 2010, 03:54 pm »
Just remember that wood is very picky about cryo treatment.  If it's dry, OK... if it is wet... not so OK.  What kind of humidity where you live? Just make sure that you discuss it with Lee before sending the whole unit.

Other than that, stellar idea... but that is still only part of what makes Mutha a MUTHA!

Dave

Yeah you're right Dave. My cellar's a damp one, probably should can that idea. Wasn't looking forward to going w/o it anyways. I remember the evening I took it out to bring to Topround's NY RAVE a few weeks back. It's moments like then that really remind you of the Uber's effectiveness on both audio & video. When I reinstalled it the next night, it was like coming home with a brand new hearing aid & set of glasses.  :o

While my use of the UberBuss might not be the best way to use it, it's surely working great for both my audio & video so I'm not looking to change anything. But there's anyways gonna be "what if's" in this hobby,,, that's just human nature.  :banghead:   8)

Cheers,
Robin

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #268 on: 11 Apr 2010, 01:02 am »
Ok Robin, my turn.   :green: (payback from Ruby and vinyl_lady)  You spend there money, now it's time for you to dig down deep (name the song!).   :lol:

I have 18 pieces which correlates to 18 plugs.  That was the first reason I approached Dave on this unit.  After listening to him tell me that he could do it and his wheels were spinnin', he told me his idea.  Being that I'm retentive, I then added what I wanted.  In the end I have an absolute spectacular unit which has replaced two other PLC units (Audio Magic).  The nice thing about the Mutha is that it looks like your other equipment.  It sits on the rack in plain view "speaking" to you.  So, you can put it on the rack or floor and have everything plugged in and you're set.  Then you can plug it into the BPT downstairs or up.  No big deal.   :thumb:

Please PayPal the funds to dgelledges@msn.com  :whip:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #269 on: 11 Apr 2010, 01:28 am »
WRONG!  It's really big Mutha of a deal.  :duh:   Plus,,, and it's a really big plus, I like my system just the way it is now. I see no reason or need to change for the sake of change. While I'll never say never, I will say,,, not now.  :duh:

But I couldn't agree more Jason (it is Jason isn't it? I'm on a roll in that category of late :oops: ),, I did have the enticement coming but you gotta understand, I didn't go to them shlepping Dave's Buss's.  :nono:  Each lady came to me with what would you recommend that would take my system to the next level? Hey I was just being honest with what has worked for me and others plus Danny offers a nearly painless way to demo.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Ruby Mae

« Reply #270 on: 19 Apr 2010, 12:38 am »
It's mine and I feel like passing around cigars!   :lol:

I had the Majik Buss on demo this past week and as Danny suggested, I listened to my system all week with the Majik Buss and then I listened without. As much as I hate parting with my hard earned bucks, I was hooked and I knew I would have to pry open my wallet.   

Here's what I experienced:

more clarity; more heft and weightiness; more pronounced bass;  a very cool separation of instruments; and a dead quite background.

Honestly, I was amazed. Especially after listening with the Buss and then listening sans Buss.  I didn't realize my system was so lifeless until I did the comparison. It truly amazing and I am captivated by the sound emanating from my system. I am drawn in and obsessed with listening.

All I can say is Dave...you are da man !!! 
And Danny, thanks so much for the opportunity to demo and buy risk free. You are certainly a smarty pants when it comes to marketing !  :thumb:

And a very special thanks to Satfrat  for getting me to think outside the box. I know I drive you crazy at times :lol:

You guys are all awesome in my book!!!  :thankyou:  :thankyou: :thankyou:

One more thing...my behind the scenes chats with Laura (Vinyl Lady), who happens to own Majik and Uber, didn't hurt either as I value and trust her opinion!!! Laura gets included in that awesome category too  :D

So if you plan to demo... be prepared to buy!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #271 on: 19 Apr 2010, 02:30 am »
It's mine and I feel like passing around cigars!   :lol:

I had the Majik Buss on demo this past week and as Danny suggested, I listened to my system all week with the Majik Buss and then I listened without. As much as I hate parting with my hard earned bucks, I was hooked and I knew I would have to pry open my wallet.   

Here's what I experienced:

more clarity; more heft and weightiness; more pronounced bass;  a very cool separation of instruments; and a dead quite background.

Honestly, I was amazed. Especially after listening with the Buss and then listening sans Buss.  I didn't realize my system was so lifeless until I did the comparison. It truly amazing and I am captivated by the sound emanating from my system. I am drawn in and obsessed with listening.

All I can say is Dave...you are da man !!! 
And Danny, thanks so much for the opportunity to demo and buy risk free. You are certainly a smarty pants when it comes to marketing !  :thumb:

And a very special thanks to Satfrat  for getting me to think outside the box. I know I drive you crazy at times :lol:

You guys are all awesome in my book!!!  :thankyou:  :thankyou: :thankyou:

One more thing...my behind the scenes chats with Laura (Vinyl Lady), who happens to own Majik and Uber, didn't hurt either as I value and trust her opinion!!! Laura gets included in that awesome category too  :D

So if you plan to demo... be prepared to buy!
I'm glad that you like it.

I can honestly say that when I started finalizing the design that I wasn't really prepared for the differences that good, clean abundant power bring to quality reprodusction.  It is amazing the psychoacoustic benefits as well as the dynamic gains made by getting rid of extraneous noise and impedance matching transformers to A/C lines

I totally get the cigar thing... that is how I still feel.

Thanks for the kind words, Ruby Mae.

Dave, the proud Papa

Ruby Mae

« Reply #272 on: 19 Apr 2010, 02:45 am »
I'm glad that you like it.

I can honestly say that when I started finalizing the design that I wasn't really prepared for the differences that good, clean abundant power bring to quality reprodusction.  It is amazing the psychoacoustic benefits as well as the dynamic gains made by getting rid of extraneous noise and impedance matching transformers to A/C lines

I totally get the cigar thing... that is how I still feel.

Thanks for the kind words, Ruby Mae.

Dave, the proud Papa

A proud Papa and deservedly so!  :thumb:
MB is truly awesome !!!!   :dance:

Ruby Mae

« Reply #273 on: 20 Apr 2010, 03:16 am »
Ya know Dave there is another added benefit. The music you already own sounds fresh and new because you are listening in a way you've never listened before.  :thumb: 

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #274 on: 20 Apr 2010, 04:30 am »
Ya know Dave there is another added benefit. The music you already own sounds fresh and new because you are listening in a way you've never listened before.  :thumb:
Yep, I know exactly what you are talking about.  It is listening into the music instead of listening to the music.  I have a thing for great vocals.  One of my favorite recordings is by the Fairfield Four (all five of them) called Standing in the Safety Zone.  In "Roll, Jordan, Roll" the bass singer, Isaac Freeman, makes my hair (OK, OK, I'm mostly bald)... the hair on the back of my arms stand on end.  You can almost see down his throat.  It is AWESOME!!!

Welcome to my world... :eyebrows:

Dave

jimdgoulding

« Reply #275 on: 20 Apr 2010, 04:40 am »
Just want to share a story along the lines of Danny's(?) 'marketing'.  Hi, Danny.  I've already spoken to and about my Uber.  I sent a generic set of what I make to a customer in England who posted on a big site over there that he would send to anyone who might care to try them on their speakers if they would send them back (to him) or send them on to the next guy wanting to demo like a chain letter.  I had a good six month run.  He was the right guy for the job and I remain greatful.  Alas, however, they disappeared.  Some wanker, you know.  It was worth the risk of having them in circulation rather than coming back to me.  I think Brits trust their countrymen a lot more than outsiders.  Hey, it was a cool and profitable experience.  This is not meant to suggest that anyone else try this.  Jus sayin.

Ruby Mae

« Reply #276 on: 20 Apr 2010, 04:42 am »
Yep, I know exactly what you are talking about.  It is listening into the music instead of listening to the music.  I have a thing for great vocals.  One of my favorite recordings is by the Fairfield Four (all five of them) called Standing in the Safety Zone.  In "Roll, Jordan, Roll" the bass singer, Isaac Freeman, makes my hair (OK, OK, I'm mostly bald)... the hair on the back of my arms stand on end.  You can almost see down his throat.  It is AWESOME!!!

Welcome to my world... :eyebrows:

Dave

it is awesome and i can't stop listening !!! of course i'm not getting nearly as much sleep as i should be and my boss has no clue as to why i'm scrappier than usual with him  :lol: 

vinyl_lady

« Reply #277 on: 22 Apr 2010, 12:32 am »
+1 I have that same feeling. I was riding the Uber last night listening to Stephen Bishop's Careless LP and the Mo Fi pressing of Roy Orbison's All Time Greatest Hits. Although I am very familiar with both albums, I had not listened to them through the Uber before. I was pulled into the music. Their vocals were jaw-dropping and I was amazed at what I was hearing through my system.  :thumb:

Laura a/k/a VLI

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #278 on: 22 Apr 2010, 12:35 am »
+1 I have that same feeling. I was riding the Uber last night listening to Stephen Bishop's Careless LP and the Mo Fi pressing of Roy Orbison's All Time Greatest Hits. Although I am very familiar with both albums, I had not listened to them through the Uber before. I was pulled into the music. Their vocals were jaw-dropping and I was amazed at what I was hearing through my system.  :thumb:

Laura a/k/a VLI

+2 and + 1

I'm listeng to stuff now that I actually stoped listening to criticaly because I couldn't enjoy it anymore.  WOW!  If I didn't know better I'd say it was re-recorded.  Seriously.  No $hit.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #279 on: 22 Apr 2010, 01:27 am »
+2 and + 1

I'm listeng to stuff now that I actually stoped listening to criticaly because I couldn't enjoy it anymore.  WOW!  If I didn't know better I'd say it was re-recorded.  Seriously.  No $hit.
Thanks, ya'll.  I'm blessed that you all are so positive about the BUSSes: Majik, Uber and Mutha.  I can't tell you how much it means to me that something that I produce is enhancing your enjoyment of music.

FWIW, I have a couple of new things trickling down the pipe and hope to have all of the bugs worked out in a month or so.  Too many projects... not enough time.  I'm STILL working on the kitchen, too, much to Gayle's lament  :oops:.  I'm not even talking about the Super V's anymore  :roll:

Dave