A must try free demo!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: A must try free demo!
« Reply #220 on: 31 Mar 2010, 04:22 am »
Just thought I would take a moment to praise the/my Uber.  Been about seven or eight weeks now.  All my recordings now sound the better for it.  Think my system must like it.  Small detail and harmonic info seem to emerge more easily and gracefully.  Seems like there is more dynamic shading.  Its effect is relaxing and emotional.  And there is no downside that I can tell.  Glad I own one, yup.  I wouldn't have believed it.
Heh, heh...

:thumb:

Dave

jimdgoulding

« Reply #221 on: 31 Mar 2010, 06:01 am »
Heh, heh...

:thumb:

Dave
I was gonna go back and modify my post above.  But, Dave read it and posted beforehand.  So here's what I would have said.  Naw, forget that.  I'm just gonna say it . .

Just thought I would take a moment to praise the/my Uber.  Been about seven or eight weeks now.  All my recordings sound the better for it.  Think my system must like it.  Better focus.  Dimensional focus, too.  Gotta be quieter backgound.  And cleaner instrumental edge.  And no emphasis.  It all just seems to work better and round up me midrange.  Its effect is relaxing and emotional.   

I had a Shunyata on loan from Lance and based on that bought a much less expensive PC before buying the Uber.  But I knew it wasn't quite as good.  Didn't quite have the delineation of the Shunyata.  The Uber does.  Think that it has better separation in the mix, too.  Allows things to be more 3D.  Lower noise floor?  Cleaner transients?  Dunno the reason.  It just does.  Five stars to me.  Can't imagine that the $5000 PC's out there could possibly justify their price in comparison.  My ears tell me my system is batting a thousand and I've been around the block a few times more than once.  Glad I bought it.  We, rather, my system and recordings and I.
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2010, 02:56 pm by jimdgoulding »

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #222 on: 31 Mar 2010, 07:42 am »
I was gonna go back and modify my post above.  But, Dave read it and posted beforehand.  So here's what I would have said.  Naw, fuck that.  I'm just gonna say it . .

Just thought I would take a moment to praise the/my Uber.  Been about seven or eight weeks now.  All my recordings sound the better for it.  Think my system must like it.  Better focus.  Dimensional focus, too.  Gotta be quieter backgound.  And cleaner instrumental edge.  And no emphasis.  It all just seems to work better and round up me midrange.  Its effect is relaxing and emotional.   

I had a Shunyata on loan from Lance and based on that bought a much less expensive PC before buying the Uber.  But I knew it wasn't quite as good.  Didn't quite have the delineation of the Shunyata.  The Uber does.  Think that it has better separation in the mix, too.  Allows things to be more 3D.  Lower noise floor?  Cleaner transients?  Dunno the reason.  It just does.  Five stars to me.  Can't imagine that the $5000 PC's out there could possibly justify their price in comparison.  My ears tell me my system is batting a thousand and I've been around the block a few times more than once.  Glad I bought it.  We, rather, my system and recordings and I.

:notworthy:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #223 on: 31 Mar 2010, 12:15 pm »

vinyl_lady

« Reply #224 on: 31 Mar 2010, 05:13 pm »

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #225 on: 31 Mar 2010, 06:59 pm »
+3
Awwwww.hucks!  Thanks you all.

BTW. someone spoofed our email and sent out a mailer about how much I LOVE my iPhone.  I don't 'cuz I don't have one. 

Don't you just love nefarious jerks like that... yeah, me neither.

Anyway, I changed passwords and stuff, but the damage is probably already done.

Sorry about that.

:(

Dave

trekker

« Reply #226 on: 31 Mar 2010, 11:29 pm »
I thought you meant iPhone sounded better after plugging the charger into the UberBuss  :lol:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #227 on: 31 Mar 2010, 11:33 pm »
I thought you meant iPhone sounded better after plugging the charger into the UberBuss  :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.  :lol:

laserboi

« Reply #228 on: 2 Apr 2010, 04:26 am »
Danny,

I know that this thread is a bit long in the tooth but I was wondering if your demo offer is still good?  I recently purchased my first house and this has given me the opportunity to setup my media room close to how I want it (WAF is still there).  I have installed two 20amp dedicated circuits and I thought that was as good as it got when trying to reduce EMI/RFI but clearly I was mistaken.  I'm also using a Monster Power 5000 as my surge protector and line conditioner.  There have been a few folks in this thread who have reported "major" benefits with the buss in front of their line conditioners so I figured I'd give it a try.

Regards,

Pete

Danny Richie

« Reply #229 on: 2 Apr 2010, 02:44 pm »
I was wondering if your demo offer is still good?

Yep, free demo.

Just e-mail me all your shipping info and phone number. Then call with CC info needed for securing it, and I get one right out to you.

Ruby Mae

« Reply #230 on: 6 Apr 2010, 07:05 pm »
Hey Danny it was a pleasure chit chatting with you. Looking forward to riding that majik buss  8)

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #231 on: 6 Apr 2010, 07:06 pm »
Hey Danny it was a pleasure chit chatting with you. Looking forward to riding that majik buss  8)

be sure to post your thoughts on the ride...

Ruby Mae

« Reply #232 on: 6 Apr 2010, 07:08 pm »
be sure to post your thoughts on the ride...

will do  :thumb:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #233 on: 6 Apr 2010, 11:32 pm »

I think I need to go listen to The Who after reading that line. :)

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #234 on: 7 Apr 2010, 01:40 am »
I think I need to go listen to The Who after reading that line. :)
You laugh, but that is how it got named.  One of my oldest friends (time, not age) named Greg Rael took the prototype home with him and told me the next day that he "had a ride on the Magic Bus last night."  He had spun the Who vinyl and was wowed by the difference the Black Box made.  Always being open to double entendres, puns, etc, I figured that 'electrical buss' was a common denominator to the discussion and the name was born.  Greg also named my Mongo power cable, too.  He has a name for everything.

Dave

Ruby Mae

« Reply #235 on: 7 Apr 2010, 01:48 am »
You laugh, but that is how it got named.  One of my oldest friends (time, not age) named Greg Rael took the prototype home with him and told me the next day that he "had a ride on the Magic Bus last night."  He had spun the Who vinyl and was wowed by the difference the Black Box made.  Always being open to double entendres, puns, etc, I figured that 'electrical buss' was a common denominator to the discussion and the name was born.  Greg also named my Mongo power cable, too.  He has a name for everything.

Dave

makes perfect sense to me  :thumb:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #236 on: 7 Apr 2010, 02:06 am »

Dave

Dave,
No laughing here.  One of my favorite groups of all time!  It just seemed so close that there had to be a connection.    :thumb:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #237 on: 8 Apr 2010, 03:11 pm »
Jason,

While watching the NCAA tournament, I broke down my system on Saturday and exchanged the UberBUSS for my MajikBUSS and put the system back together. I haven't had a chance to listen yet because of the tournament (I saw two great games in Spokane on Sunday :thumb: ), and business travel this week. :( I took my MajikBUSS with about 120 hours on it and plugged my HDTV into it. The improvement in clarity, color and detail were immediately noticeable.

The UB will get a good work-out this weekend and I'll let ya know what I think, but I think you already know the answer :eyebrows:

Laura

Well?  Tell us what you think of the Majik > Uber sonically.   :thumb:

vinyl_lady

« Reply #238 on: 8 Apr 2010, 04:25 pm »

Peg,

keep your credit card handy because the ride is likely to be permanent :lol: Did Robin start you down this path? I tried the Majik on Robin's recommendation and now I have a Majik on my HDTV and a Uber on my system and I am a very happy camper :D

Laura

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #239 on: 8 Apr 2010, 04:27 pm »
Peg,

Did Robin start you down this path?
Laura

I think Robin just uses the Majik / Uber so he can flirt with the A.C. females.   :lol: