jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: A must try free demo!
« Reply #182 on: 23 Mar 2010, 11:58 pm »
Yipee, my (2) MajikBuss rev.B's are on it's way  :thumb:

saaweeet!

Let us know what you think...

I wonder how vinyl_lady likes her UberBuss?????

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #183 on: 24 Mar 2010, 12:55 am »
saaweeet!

Let us know what you think...

Laura probably hasn't gotten yet cuz of all the time Dave's spent on yur Mutha.  :eyebrows:

Cheers,
Robin

trekker

« Reply #184 on: 24 Mar 2010, 01:19 am »
Should have it Thursday, will burn-in into Saturday morning before giving it a listen.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #185 on: 24 Mar 2010, 01:57 am »
Should have it Thursday, will burn-in into Saturday morning before giving it a listen.
Put as heavy a load that you can on them, they like working hard.  They will lose the hard edge during the first 24 hours and continue to improve for......  yep..... 100 hours.  After the first couple of days you'll notice that things will just get........... oh, gosh..... I almost ruined your whole adventure.

:eyebrows:

Dave

trekker

« Reply #186 on: 24 Mar 2010, 03:18 am »
Put as heavy a load that you can on them, they like working hard. 

Would it be better to run a heavy load which is intermittent (may be a refrigerator, mine is rated for 5.2 amps - Energy Star) or a light load (3 -subs idling ~60+ watts) but 24/7?

Thanks,

Arnold

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #187 on: 24 Mar 2010, 03:23 am »
Would it be better to run a heavy load which is intermittent (may be a refrigerator, mine is rated for 5.2 amps - Energy Star) or a light load (3 -subs idling ~60+ watts) but 24/7?

Thanks,

Arnold

I used 150 watt lamps in each outlet for 4 days myself Arnold.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #188 on: 24 Mar 2010, 03:49 am »

Thanks,

Arnold
Arnold, the fridge seems to be a pretty common break in driver.  I think it was George that had his Uber plugged in for a week or so.

Who knew?

:scratch:

Dave

vinyl_lady

« Reply #189 on: 24 Mar 2010, 05:21 am »

Jason,

While watching the NCAA tournament, I broke down my system on Saturday and exchanged the UberBUSS for my MajikBUSS and put the system back together. I haven't had a chance to listen yet because of the tournament (I saw two great games in Spokane on Sunday :thumb: ), and business travel this week. :( I took my MajikBUSS with about 120 hours on it and plugged my HDTV into it. The improvement in clarity, color and detail were immediately noticeable.

The UB will get a good work-out this weekend and I'll let ya know what I think, but I think you already know the answer :eyebrows:

Laura

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #190 on: 24 Mar 2010, 11:33 am »
We look forward to your feedback.   :)

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #191 on: 24 Mar 2010, 01:50 pm »
Jason,

While watching the NCAA tournament, I broke down my system on Saturday and exchanged the UberBUSS for my MajikBUSS and put the system back together. I haven't had a chance to listen yet because of the tournament (I saw two great games in Spokane on Sunday :thumb: ), and business travel this week. :( I took my MajikBUSS with about 120 hours on it and plugged my HDTV into it. The improvement in clarity, color and detail were immediately noticeable.

The UB will get a good work-out this weekend and I'll let ya know what I think, but I think you already know the answer :eyebrows:

Laura
Hey, Laura.  Did you find the source of the cartridge hum in your system?  Inquiring minds want to know.  I'm curious, as is Kevin, whose email I forwarded to you.

If you like the Majik, you'll love the Uber   :D

Dave

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #192 on: 24 Mar 2010, 01:51 pm »
If you like the Majik, you'll love the Uber   :D
Dave

and if you love the Uber, you'll ?????? the Mutha   :D

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #193 on: 24 Mar 2010, 02:00 pm »
Dave,

Do the Busses work in a passive application?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #194 on: 24 Mar 2010, 02:05 pm »
Dave,

Do the Busses work in a passive application?
Jason, you have me here... what do you mean by "passive application"?  I think I know, but don't want to mis-speak..

Dave

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #195 on: 24 Mar 2010, 02:06 pm »
Jason, you have me here... what do you mean by "passive application"?  I think I know, but don't want to mis-speak..

Dave

wire into panel.  PanelBuss   :D

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #196 on: 24 Mar 2010, 02:12 pm »
wire into panel.
Ahhh.  At the source.  I was wrong......

Yes, but only to a point.  You would be amazed as to how much RFI and EMI can be picked up on the way, even in home runs.  If the circuit is in properly grounded EMT or rigid then no problem.  If it is just Romex there is a potential (pun?) for noise induction.

Dave

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #197 on: 24 Mar 2010, 02:15 pm »
Ahhh.  At the source.  I was wrong......

Yes, but only to a point.  You would be amazed as to how much RFI and EMI can be picked up on the way, even in home runs.  If the circuit is in properly grounded EMT or rigid then no problem.  If it is just Romex there is a potential (pun?) for noise induction.

Dave

Yes, but I'm also thinking that the other motors in the house would benefit from it.  I currently use http://powergy.com/products.aspx at my panel.  I'm just Buss crazy and was thinking...

Of course with this unit using MOV's need to use the buss at the point (stereo).  I was looking / inquiring about more before that point.

So yes, a PanelBuss with your PFC network and surge protection to be wired into the panel.   :whip:  UL Listed as well.   :D

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #198 on: 24 Mar 2010, 02:20 pm »
Yes, but I'm also thinking that the other motors in the house would benefit from it.  I currently use http://powergy.com/products.aspx at my panel.  I'm just Buss crazy and was thinking...

of course with this unit using MOV's need to use the buss at the point (stereo).  I wouldn't not do that but I was looking / inquiring about more before that point.

So yes, a PanelBuss with your PFC network and surge protection to be wired into the panel.   :whip:  UL Listed as well.   :D
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  :idea:

Mr. Wizard

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #199 on: 24 Mar 2010, 02:22 pm »
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  :idea:

Mr. Wizard

You're the Mr. Wizard!!!