A must try free demo!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: A must try free demo!
« Reply #120 on: 11 Feb 2010, 12:15 am »
Mr. UberBUSS arrived today for audition.  Thanks, Danny.  I've plugged it in to warm up.  Is that sufficient or should it have some current running thru and out of it?
It will take about 100 hours to completely settle in.  The first 12-34 hours you will hear a profound change and then just incremental improvements after that.  If you want to speed things along, plug ANYTHING that draws a reasonable amount of current into it overnight.  One of my customers plugged his refrigerator into it for a few days!  I use a 1/2HP electric motor to do initial settling and testing on the units.

Or, you can do it the tried and true way and wonder if the high end will settle down for the first couple of hours and second guess the decision you made to try one out.   :D  It just takes time... you'll like it.

Maybe you got one that has been run in a bit.  If it doesn't sound a little brittle in the highs, just sit back and enjoy.

Use whatcha got.

Dave

newzooreview

« Reply #121 on: 11 Feb 2010, 01:18 am »
Dave, what would you recommend if I have an integrated amp (500W per channel, ICE amps, switching power supply) and a Tranquility DAC? Should I just try the UberBuss and plug each into an isolated receptacle? Or is it optimal to get a MajikBus for the Tranquility and a new, Rev. B MajikBuss for the amp only.

If you have two components to plug in, will the UberBuss typically be the most cost-effective option?

I'm stuck in the D.C. snow-in, and I'm getting terrific sound this evening. Either it's the beer or there is something improved in the power (maybe when they fixed some downed lines they improved something?), but likely the grungier sound will return.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #122 on: 11 Feb 2010, 01:58 am »
Dave, what would you recommend if I have an integrated amp (500W per channel, ICE amps, switching power supply) and a Tranquility DAC? Should I just try the UberBuss and plug each into an isolated receptacle? Or is it optimal to get a MajikBus for the Tranquility and a new, Rev. B MajikBuss for the amp only.

If you have two components to plug in, will the UberBuss typically be the most cost-effective option?

I'm stuck in the D.C. snow-in, and I'm getting terrific sound this evening. Either it's the beer or there is something improved in the power (maybe when they fixed some downed lines they improved something?), but likely the grungier sound will return.

I'm not Dave but for the sake of just getting your feet wet, why not take advantage of Danny's free demo offer of the MajikBuss and get an idea what can be accomplished? For less than $20 return shipping, this is the best AC demo offer available IMHO. You not only get a power conditioning taste for the price of a meal but with Dave's advise, you'll have a better understanding of what you might want, if indeed you even like the power conditioning of the MajikBuss.

For anyone who doesn't believe in power conditioning in general, I'd reommend foreoing that meal and instead taking advantage of this free conditioner demo in your own system. If you're like me, you can afford to skip a meal anyways.  :duh:   :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #123 on: 11 Feb 2010, 02:00 am »

An Uber is the most cost effective way to go in most circumstances for this kind of application.  The thing that may complicate matters is that the ICE amp modules are little radio stations in some manufacturers' gear.  Who is the manufacturer of your amp?  I'll do a little investigating.

Dave

newzooreview

« Reply #124 on: 11 Feb 2010, 02:07 am »
An Uber is the most cost effective way to go in most circumstances for this kind of application.  The thing that may complicate matters is that the ICE amp modules are little radio stations in some manufacturers' gear.  Who is the manufacturer of your amp?  I'll do a little investigating.
Dave

It's a Wyred4Sound STI-1000.

newzooreview

« Reply #125 on: 11 Feb 2010, 02:09 am »

why not take advantage of Danny's free demo offer of the MajikBuss and get an idea what can be accomplished?
Cheers,
Robin

Thanks. I've been in touch with Danny as well.  :thumb:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #126 on: 11 Feb 2010, 02:10 am »
It's a Wyred4Sound STI-1000.
I remember that!   :duh:

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #127 on: 11 Feb 2010, 02:11 am »
Thanks. I've been in touch with Danny as well.  :thumb:
Danny may make you a heck of a deal on 2 units and power cords, too.

Dave

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #128 on: 11 Feb 2010, 02:13 am »
I remember that!   :duh:

Dave

Dave, Bill's Magnum 2000 is a 5 channel ICE amp made from the same company and he's loving his UberBuss with his amp. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #129 on: 11 Feb 2010, 02:24 am »

Dave, Bill's Magnum 2000 is a 5 channel ICE amp made from the same company and he's loving his UberBuss with his amp. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin
OK, that makes sense to me, now.  Too many people with too many question running around in my brain after a long day.

Sounds to me like a well done ICE amp to me.

That is good.

Dave

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #130 on: 11 Feb 2010, 02:34 am »
OK, that makes sense to me, now.  Too many people with too many question running around in my brain after a long day.

Sounds to me like a well done ICE amp to me.

That is good.

Dave

It totally rocks with his HT-3's, it was rocking good with only Bill's BPT but my UberBuss definitely took that rockin' to a higher level. I can say w/o a doubt " in my mind and in Bill's" that your Buss's do ice nice.  :rock:

Cheers,
Robin

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #131 on: 11 Feb 2010, 12:17 pm »
Hmm.   :scratch:      I will send you my idea....:thumb:

Idea sent and received and now Dave is "working" on it....oh boy.  Maybe next time I should keep my mouth shut.   :duh:

:lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #132 on: 13 Feb 2010, 10:26 am »
Had three days in my system now.  If the quality of the receptacles in any indication, this is built like the proverbial you know what.  Now that I feel like its coming on, soon I will take it out of the system and start over.  At first I thought it was making my system sound worse, but that is not the case today.  Things are detailed, solid and balanced.  And a little high frequency ringing on some cuts has disappeared.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #133 on: 13 Feb 2010, 12:53 pm »
Had three days in my system now.  If the quality of the receptacles in any indication, this is built like the proverbial you know what.  Now that I feel like its coming on, soon I will take it out of the system and start over.  At first I thought it was making my system sound worse, but that is not the case today.  Things are detailed, solid and balanced.  And a little high frequency ringing on some cuts has disappeared.

What you are experiencing is normal  The high end will smooth out...just give it some time.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #134 on: 13 Feb 2010, 04:56 pm »
Yep, when I said in the warranty sheet that it takes 100 hours to fully break in, I wasn't kidding.  The first 24 hours of use, not just being plugged in, are critical before giving it any kind of judgmental listening.  It will smooth out and deliver a smooth, detailed sound full of dynamic contrasts like you are not used to from your system.  Really.  No foolin'.

Jason though his was broken for the first couple of days   :rotflmao:

Dave

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #135 on: 13 Feb 2010, 04:59 pm »
Jason though his was broken for the first couple of days   :rotflmao:

Dave

:bawl:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #136 on: 13 Feb 2010, 05:09 pm »
:bawl:
I guess I shouldn't find it that funny, but I do,  I kept your emails to me on this.  Humorous in retrospect.

I wonder how mant people have listened to it without reading the warranty sheet and sent the unit back to Danny?  Maybe I should print that part in red, bold, italicized and underlined.  What do you think?

Dave

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #137 on: 13 Feb 2010, 05:16 pm »
I guess I shouldn't find it that funny, but I do,  I kept your emails to me on this.  Humorous in retrospect.

I wonder how mant people have listened to it without reading the warranty sheet and sent the unit back to Danny?  Maybe I should print that part in red, bold, italicized and underlined.  What do you think?

Dave

Never got one but might be a good idea.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #138 on: 13 Feb 2010, 05:21 pm »

Never got one but might be a good idea.

Oh, yeah... there's that.  Really? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  I'm thinking...................  I remember (helped along by my serial # detail list). You got one of the very first Ubers and I wasn't done with the sheet.  Want one?

My bad.   :slap:

Dave

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #139 on: 13 Feb 2010, 05:29 pm »

Oh, yeah... there's that.  Really? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  I'm thinking...................  I remember (helped along by my serial # detail list). You got one of the very first Ubers and I wasn't done with the sheet.  Want one?

My bad.   :slap:

Dave

Learn something new everyday....Man, I love learning.  :)

Now I will need to try what I learned from the sheet.

:thumb: