Name the "Beast/HT4"

funkmonkey

Re: Name the "Beast/HT4"
« Reply #200 on: 1 Jun 2009, 06:09 pm »
Well this one could be a little too obvious, may have even been suggested before, and has certainly been used by other manufacturers but enough that I don't think anyone would feel like it was a rip-off.

Salk Sound Signature

audiocrazy

« Reply #201 on: 1 Jun 2009, 06:51 pm »
When will the Name be finally decided b'cos it can't stop thinking of a new name everyday :green:

turkey

« Reply #202 on: 1 Jun 2009, 07:18 pm »
and Jeff Bagby developed the bass loading system.  In any event, Googling names can be dangerous.  A fellow economist here at the FTC decided to see whether any of his pathbreaking articles had received due recognition, and typed his name into the google search bar.   3 billion cites.  Not bad for an FTC economist.  The name?  Roger Boner.

That just shows he doesn't know how to use Google. :)

Try this search instead:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=%22roger+boner%22&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=%22roger+boner%22&aqi=&fp=1mZ_-PL2Zjc

You still get some chaff, but it should be possible to find the wheat now.

turkey

« Reply #203 on: 1 Jun 2009, 07:21 pm »
Thanks very much for the vote of confidence, but that would really be a misnomer.   I'm only responsible for the crossover design and the idea of using some backwave information.  Jim found the drivers and came up with a cabinet design that would preserve my insane demands,
and Jeff Bagby developed the bass loading system.

Call it the SaMuBa then. MuSaBa? BaMuSa?

turkey

« Reply #204 on: 1 Jun 2009, 07:30 pm »
I was thinking about the comment by Frank Van Alstine given in the Positive Feedback report on AKFest 2009.

"Frank commented that it was the first speaker that he had heard that could realistically recreate the sound of a live orchestra."

So how about the Salk Sound Live Series?

A more humorous name would be the "Impressed the Hell Out of Frank Van Alstine Series." :)

bryede

« Reply #205 on: 1 Jun 2009, 07:46 pm »
A more humorous name would be the "Impressed the Hell Out of Frank Van Alstine Series." :)

How about the "Almost as Good as BOSE Series." :)  :lol:

martyo

« Reply #206 on: 1 Jun 2009, 07:49 pm »
A more humorous name would be the "Impressed the Hell Out of Frank Van Alstine Series."

You entertain me quite often Turk.  :o  :lol:

ThorsHammer

« Reply #207 on: 2 Jun 2009, 07:27 pm »
Since these speakers should be the ultimate cure for the dread "audio upgraditis" disease why don't we call them the Salk Vaccines

TomW16

« Reply #208 on: 2 Jun 2009, 09:41 pm »
Since these speakers should be the ultimate cure for the dread "audio upgraditis" disease why don't we call them the Salk Vaccines

That is too much of a coincidence not to be humor  :thumb:  (Salk polio vaccine)

earthbound

« Reply #209 on: 2 Jun 2009, 11:50 pm »
BST-1
short for first Beast

funkmonkey

« Reply #210 on: 2 Jun 2009, 11:56 pm »
How about Salk End Game

funkmonkey

« Reply #211 on: 10 Jun 2009, 05:18 pm »
a couple more popped into my head this morning:

Salk Signature Sound Composition
Salk Signature Sound Virtue
Salk Signature Sound Stage (I)   or Stage III (for three-way)

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #212 on: 10 Jun 2009, 05:26 pm »
Impresario

Titan

Gargantuan

turkey

« Reply #213 on: 10 Jun 2009, 06:24 pm »
R2-DMurphy

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #214 on: 10 Jun 2009, 11:17 pm »
Not having the time to read through all of the posts again:  I really like "Obsession" so how about "Passion"?

Sorry if either of these have already been posted, just consider them additional votes.

Rapt

« Reply #215 on: 11 Jun 2009, 11:41 pm »
Salk Sound Tsunami's   

turkey

« Reply #216 on: 12 Jun 2009, 12:40 pm »
Not having the time to read through all of the posts again:  I really like "Obsession" so how about "Passion"?

Sorry if either of these have already been posted, just consider them additional votes.

The Passion of the Salk.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #217 on: 12 Jun 2009, 01:29 pm »

The Passion of the Salk.

Aa-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa-a-aa-aa-aa-ah :bowdown:

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #218 on: 12 Jun 2009, 02:56 pm »
These might have been suggested before.  I didn't look back through all the posts.

Biblical names:

Rapture
Revelation

Non-biblical names:

Accuracy Series
Companion Series
Salk Signature Sound Dynamic Series

And this name:

Salk Signature Sound Truth  or  The Truth, either as a speaker name or series name. I prefer Truth as a speaker name, and later, there could be alpha-numeric designators for different models, i.e, Truth (model) and TL10 (version).

Truth, Salk Signature Sound's flagship speaker (or Truth, the flagship of Salk Signature Sound's Statement Series speakers), redefines the ambit of speaker reproduction.  This speaker, the result of 8 years of intensive research and collaboration among industry-leading designers and manufacturers, employes (or utilizes) ............ and provides the listener with  ............. but without the deficiencies that are unavoidable with speakers that rely on compromised crossover designs, .......... 

turkey

« Reply #219 on: 12 Jun 2009, 03:18 pm »
Salk Signature Sound Truth  or  The Truth, either as a speaker name or series name. I prefer Truth as a speaker name, and later, there could be alpha-numeric designators for different models, i.e, Truth (model) and TL10 (version).

Behringer has a series of speakers called Truth.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/B2031A.aspx

Fried Products also called their line "Speakers of Truth." Their site seems to be down, but here's an old version:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080213151441/http://www.friedproducts.com/index.html

Of course the real truth is that neither Behringer or Fried has any speakers I would buy. :)