Damn!! Did anybody see what Lebron did last night?

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Damn!! Did anybody see what Lebron did last night?
« on: 10 May 2009, 03:33 pm »
While his boxscore was incredibly impressive, it really doesn't do him justice!!   :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

47 points (15 for 25 on FG's and 12-16 on FT's)
12 rebounds
8 assists
1 Turnover

The rest of team shot 45% while Lebron shot 60%!

Lebron made more FT's by himself than the entire Hawks team attempted!!

But watching the game and seeing how Lebron not only achieved all the stats, but ran the offense and played great defense, you realize that he is so clearly the best player in the game today and is on a trajectory to be one of the top ten ever!  Heck, he is even ahead of where Jordan was at the same stage of their careers. 

Truly impressive.

George

« Last Edit: 10 May 2009, 04:44 pm by zybar »

Danberg

Re: Damn!! Did anybody see what Lebron did last night?
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2009, 04:41 pm »
What amazes me is all this being done at only 24 yrs old!  A maturity well past his years...

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2009, 04:55 pm »
As a lifelong (55 yrs) Cleveland area resident, and lifelong Cleveland sports fan I speak for all of us Browns/Indians/Cavs fans that we truly blessed to have Lebron in our midst.  HOWEVER, we have become SOOOO damn paranoid and snake-bit, and always waiting for the other shoe to drop, that it's tough for Cleveland fans to get too excited even today, lest we be left, once again, at the altar.  But......it's feeling a little different this time.  Home court, legitimate MVP, great team defense, peaking during playoff season, etc.

To watch LBJ in person is truly awe-inspiring.  He is so big and fast it's kinda freaky.  :)

Looking over my shoulder,
Ted

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2009, 04:57 pm »
As a lifelong (55 yrs) Cleveland area resident, and lifelong Cleveland sports fan I speak for all of us Browns/Indians/Cavs fans that we truly blessed to have Lebron in our midst.  HOWEVER, we have become SOOOO damn paranoid and snake-bit, and always waiting for the other shoe to drop, that it's tough for Cleveland fans to get too excited even today, lest we be left, once again, at the altar.  But......it's feeling a little different this time.  Home court, legitimate MVP, great team defense, peaking during playoff season, etc.

To watch LBJ in person is truly awe-inspiring.  He is so big and fast it's kinda freaky.  :)

Looking over my shoulder,
Ted

6'8" and 260

He shouldn't be able to do what he does...

Good luck Ted, I am actually pulling for the Cavs.

George

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2009, 05:05 pm »
George,
Thanks!  I suppose we sound like wimpy whiners, but I'm not sure there is another large sports city that has waited so long.  I mean, The Red Sox waited, but they have the Celtics and the Pats.  The Cubbies still wait, but they have the Bulls, the White Sox and the Bears ('85).  For Cleveland, the year 1964 is almost like "before pro sports".  There was no coverage, no Super Bowl, no sports talk shows, no superstar endorsement contracts, no nothing.  Oh, and it was 45 years ago, regardless.   And we've had close calls (Tribe in 95' and 97', Browns with "the Drive" and "The Fumble") but those almost make it worse.   :)

Anyway, go Lebron!  Go Cavs!  Go Cleveland!  :thumb:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2009, 05:36 pm »
Although Kobe and  Wade can take over a game, there is no one as dominant as Lebron right now.  And at 24, he is only going to get better.  Cleveland had best do all that is humanly possible to keep him when his contract expires. 

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2009, 09:52 pm »
I told those guys in the Fisher Laker's thread Lebron was playing excellent basketball, so be ready.

Wade is my guy so I'm biased.
Well let's not forget Kobe is on a sense of cruise control while he experiments with trusting his teammates.
Lebron is now getting over the hump and is the best all around player in the game. 
If you look at their numbers they are all pretty close with Wade having less talent around him and getting less of an easy go at it.  Lebron is a physical marvel with size, strength, power, speed and finesse.  But if you asked me with one shot to win the game at the end or to close a game.  I still have to pick Kobe.  I think even Lebron still regards Kobe as the best player and until he beats him or wins a championship would humbly defer (in public at least.)

I would think Cleveland has a very good chance to keep him since they've shown they can surround him with the talent to compete for a championship.

lumendog

« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2009, 10:32 pm »
I think Lebron will be saying in Cleveland.
He made some freakish fade away shots in this game. Most others taking those shots would have been questioned by the announcers. He was so off balance on some of those fade aways and they dropped in. Those are very difficult shots to make off balance. His range is also remarkable for being so tall. This year his Defensive skills have matured and I think they will cake walk into the Finals. The Finals may be more difficult. Go Cavs 8)

carusoracer

« Reply #8 on: 11 May 2009, 12:32 am »
As a long time Cavs fan and have made two playoff games. It looks like we can beat the average teams. Orlando and Boston are different animals...

Lebron was outstanding last night! What we need to go forward is free up Wally and Wallace's contract and the 27 million they pull down. Go after some collegiate talent and actually inject some youth in the system. Tyler Hansborough or DeJuan Blair would be awesome 8)
I still like the Price,Nance,WilliamsHarper, etc team better. LeBron on that team would be something :o