A must have for every system...

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: A must have for every system...
« Reply #160 on: 30 Jul 2009, 02:29 am »
I will be trying the Uber Buss in the system today.   :thumb:

While there are a multitude of combinations that I ultimately want to try, the primary focus today will be to simply replace the Majik Buss with the Uber Buss.  This means that all of my components will plug directly into a FurmanSound Ref IT-20i power conditioner and the Ref IT-20i will plug into the Uber Buss. 

Will try and post some initial impressions later.

Also, I will demo the Majik Buss and Uber Buss at my GTG tomorrow.

George

So I have had the Uber Buss in the system for roughly a week now and the easiest way to describe what I am hearing is to say that everything I posted here (http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=68006.20) still applies - JUST MO' BETTER!   :thumb:

Now while the level of improvement was not as big as inserting the Majik Buss into the system, I still think the Uber Buss is well worth the additional cost over the Majik Buss.

I'll try and write something up this weekend detailing the differences on a couple of test songs.

But regardless of what I think or write, the best way to find out about the Majik or Uber Buss, is to get one and put it into your own system and hear it for yourself.

George

Thanks, George, for your report.  "Just mo' better" is exactly how I would describe it, too.  When we lift noise from our systems the first time, it is pretty revelatory.  When we do it again, it just gets better.  Truly that whole "taste" thing: when something tastes really good, like chocolate, and then you add raspberries to it.  It gets just a "little bit" better.  It really is hard to explain something as subjective as 'the sound of', isn't it?  That is part of what this quest for "good sound" is all about, is it not?

Cool   :green:

Dave

sl_1800

« Reply #161 on: 30 Jul 2009, 03:13 am »
I have been listening to the Majik Buss with Electra PC for the last couple of weeks.  In my system I won't say the improvement is huge but it is a real improvement.  To go with the theme of the last post.  My grandfather passed along an old tale to me many years ago....."You can have someone tell you all day long how good a big cheese burger is going to taste but really have no idea until you bite into it yourself".

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #162 on: 30 Jul 2009, 09:08 pm »
I have one more of these that I can send out for demo now.

lowel

« Reply #163 on: 5 Aug 2009, 03:02 am »
         This product is very useful. And i see in the information the capabilities of this product.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #164 on: 5 Aug 2009, 02:27 pm »
         This product is very useful. And i see in the information the capabilities of this product.

I just sent Danny a couple more of them, too.

Dave

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #165 on: 5 Aug 2009, 02:47 pm »
Any other comments on these products?
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2009, 03:00 pm by jtwrace »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #166 on: 16 Aug 2009, 03:02 pm »
bump

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #167 on: 16 Aug 2009, 04:10 pm »
I bought the Uber Buss.

George

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #168 on: 21 Aug 2009, 02:39 pm »
I just got in more of these if anyone else is interested in trying them out.

I also just posted a new post with further information regarding the free demo tour.

cleestedwood

« Reply #169 on: 5 Sep 2009, 05:25 pm »
Have you started an UberBuss trial yet? How long can we have to test these out?  Paul

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #170 on: 5 Sep 2009, 05:32 pm »
I do have an UberBuss in stock that I can send out as well.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #171 on: 5 Sep 2009, 05:42 pm »
I do have an UberBuss in stock that I can send out as well.

Better not send it before mine!   :D

(I have one of the tour Majiks held hostage until i get my Uber.   :wink:

I liked the Majik a lot; so much so that I ordered an Uber.  And the benefits shine even though I already use conditioner cables from Kaplan on my sources, Bybee dongles at the IECs. and all of it through an Audience Adept Response AR12 into the Buss.  :o

stevenkelby

• Adelaide, South Australia
« Reply #172 on: 6 Sep 2009, 12:39 am »
All this time I've been curious about a majik buss, but being in oz it seemed very inconvenient, mainly de to the difference in voltage and plug shape.

I just had an idea, if Dave can make one to accept 240V, we don't have to worry about finding good quality AUS inlets/outlets, I'l just use USA ones, and put USA plugs on my power cables!

Does that sound doable Dave?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #173 on: 6 Sep 2009, 03:32 am »
All this time I've been curious about a majik buss, but being in oz it seemed very inconvenient, mainly de to the difference in voltage and plug shape.

I just had an idea, if Dave can make one to accept 240V, we don't have to worry about finding good quality AUS inlets/outlets, I'l just use USA ones, and put USA plugs on my power cables!

Uhm... well yes and no.  The resultant mutant would not be a Majik BUSS, an UberBUSS or anything even vaguely recognizable by any governing body on this planet or any other that I know of.  I can and will build just about anything, short of a suicide machine.  If you are crazy enough to have me build it and waive any recourse against me and accept all reponsibility for shorting out the entire Australian power grid, I'll be happy to dive into this project with me rubbers on, mate.  As my friend Andy Graddon (Andy G) would say: we can suck it and see.

Shoot me a PM and we'll start figuring this monstrosity out.

aa

Dave

stevenkelby

« Reply #174 on: 6 Sep 2009, 03:38 am »
PM'd re AussieBUSS :)

lord dubious

« Reply #175 on: 6 Sep 2009, 08:58 am »
AussieBUSS!  Hilarious!
I'd be interested in one of those.
Let us know how it goes.
Cheers

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #176 on: 7 Sep 2009, 05:43 pm »

Uhm... well yes and no.  The resultant mutant would not be a Majik BUSS, an UberBUSS or anything even vaguely recognizable by any governing body on this planet or any other that I know of.  I can and will build just about anything, short of a suicide machine.  If you are crazy enough to have me build it and waive any recourse against me and accept all reponsibility for shorting out the entire Australian power grid, I'll be happy to dive into this project with me rubbers on, mate.  As my friend Andy Graddon (Andy G) would say: we can suck it and see.

Shoot me a PM and we'll start figuring this monstrosity out.

aa

Dave

There are several options that I have not mentioned: 

I can supply the standard Leviton quad outlet and provide very high quality Marinco 5266BL NEMA 5-15 Straight Blade Plug 15A 125V US Spec plugs for $ 8.00 each.

I can source electrical connectors through this US company:

http://www.internationalconfig.com/config_chart/index.asp

They are expensive, but available.  I have to get daily quotes from them due to the fluctuating currency rates.

The individual can send me the connector they want for me to install.

I can get Furutech Schukos for about $100.00 for a quad set.

I can provide very high quality locking connectors and plugs so that the recipient can adapt a high quality outlet strip for their countries plug configuration - this is my preferred method.  Under normal circumstance there would be only a $40.00 USD increase in cost for this option for 2 outlets/connectors:

http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?item=7778&section=10877

http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?item=4019&section=10873
or:
     Marinco 4720BL NEMA L5-15 Locking Plug 15A 125V - http://www.marinco.com/product/15-amp125-volt-locking-plug-black

Using the last method retains the two individual circuits of the BUSS series.

Just thought that I would give you all of the options.

Dave

stevenkelby

« Reply #177 on: 9 Sep 2009, 01:40 pm »
AussieBUSS!  Hilarious!
Let us know how it goes.
Cheers

PMd re possible mini group buy :)

bluemike

« Reply #178 on: 9 Sep 2009, 06:00 pm »
AussieBUSS!  Hilarious!
Let us know how it goes.
Cheers

PMd re possible mini group buy :)
I would go for something like that if the price was right

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #179 on: 20 Oct 2009, 05:14 am »

Here's a couple of picture of my custom built UberBuss which was put togther with 15A connections instead of 20A so i wouldn't have to upgrade my power cords. For outlets, I'm using a Pass & Seymour Duplex on 1 side and an Oyaide SWO-XXX gold/palladium Duplex which will be the one I'll be using for my BPT BP2.5. I'm using a gold Furutech plate terminal IEC for the input. Poor Dave was in such a hurry to get the UberBuss to me that he had to use a MajikBuss label with a U-02 serial number as the UberBuss label hadn't come in yet. I'll be getting one in the mail when they do show up.  aa  Regardless of the label it's a killer conditioner when compared to the Majik Buss which is a killer conditioner when compared to the Maher PE series walwart. It's the real deal and a must have for PC Audio AFAIC. I hope I can try mine out on a CDP at an upcoming NY RAVE so I can see what it'll do for that digital medium.  :thumb:

Restricted cheers,
Robin

Robin,

Can you expand a little on how the Uber and/or Majibuss compares to the Alan Maher stuff you are familiar with?

Thanks,
Anand.

Hi Anand,

1st let me apologise for not getting back to you on your question. I was temporarily "unavailable" for quite a period of time.  :duh:  As to your question, I have 14 Maher PE's of all different varieties. As much as I do like the PE's and will be keeping them in my system, comparing the whole lot of them with 1 MajicBuss is like comparing a fart to a whirlwind. 1st thing I did after breaking in the demo MajicBuss was yank all the PE's out and compare the 2. It was really a joke,,,,, on me for getting caught up on the Maher-go-round. :roll:  Why anyone would want to fill their home up with parellel filter wallwarts when a $595 MajicBuss parallel filter in one's system is far more effective, I dunno. To be fair now, this is really an apples to oranges comparison, it could very well be that Maher's larger more updated products could and would hold their own against the MajicBuss or the UberBuss. But at what cost,,,guess that would depend on when the individual first got onto the Maher-go-round to begin with and if there were anymore outlets left in the house.  :lol:  As I well know, the cost can rise prettly quickly on that ride and you can expect to lose up to 50% on resale value (from what I've seen anyways) which is 1 reason I'll be hanging onto my wallwarts.

In my A/V system, I have a BPT BP2.5 (heavily modified), 14 Maher PE's, 14 Z-Sleeves, 27 Bybee's, 2 Noise Disrupters, 2 Shakti Stones, an Acoustic Revive RGC-24 and RR-77, and 6 Audio Magic Pulse Gen ZX. Even with all this, the UberBuss made a substantial improvement in both my audio and video..

Hope this answers your question Anand, sorry again for the delay.  :thumb:

edit: even tho my UberBuss is labeled MajicBuss, rest assured it's a custom built UberBuss. Dave made mine up before he had received the UberBuss labels so to insure their was a serial #, he used the MajicBuss labels. I have since recieved my UberBuss label from Dave. :D

Cheers,
Robin