A must have for every system...

Jon L

Re: A must have for every system...
« Reply #140 on: 21 Jul 2009, 04:12 pm »
The world sure can use more, better power products, but my curious nature can't help wonder what exactly is in there.  All I can gather so far is "passive parallel technology," and some more can be inferred by what's said on the website:

"Warning: the Majik BUSS will not work on a circuit with a GFCI installed due to the Neutral to Ground filtration that is used in the unit

The Majik BUSS should not be plugged into the output of a active power regeneration such as a PS Audio PowerPlantTM or equivalent due to the capacitive nature of the Majik BUSS."

The above leads me to believe there is (a) huge capacitor inside between the neutral and ground, perhaps a large motor-run oil cap, and some circuit for "power factor correction"? 

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #141 on: 21 Jul 2009, 07:56 pm »
The world sure can use more, better power products, but my curious nature can't help wonder what exactly is in there.  The above leads me to believe there is (a) huge capacitor inside between the neutral and ground, perhaps a large motor-run oil cap, and some circuit for "power factor correction"?

Nope, it is 5.6ufd.  The rest is like the unit is named: it is "Majik!!!"

:green:

Dave

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #142 on: 21 Jul 2009, 07:59 pm »
So Dave, could you address my other question?
Would AR1P's be in series with the Uberbuss (i.e plugged into the Buss) or replaced?

Thx
Ted

kyrill

« Reply #143 on: 21 Jul 2009, 08:03 pm »
Ah Ted

You ears have to decide unless Dave has yr AR1P in the house and gear resembling yours ? As you have already the AR1P yr ears are more worth than other ears..

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #144 on: 21 Jul 2009, 08:08 pm »
Ah Ted

You ears have to decide unless Dave has yr AR1P in the house and gear resembling yours ? As you have already the AR1P yr ears are more worth than other ears..

I understand that.  Everything is according to my ears.  I was asking if AR1P is ok in series..i.e can I try it that way with hi powered amps (I'm worried about current limiting or any other amp-related issues not relevant on the source side of things).

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #145 on: 21 Jul 2009, 09:45 pm »
Ah Ted

I understand that.  Everything is according to my ears.  I was asking if AR1P is ok in series..i.e can I try it that way with hi powered amps (I'm worried about current limiting or any other amp-related issues not relevant on the source side of things).

Ted,

You do not have to worry about current limiting with the Uber or Majik.  The only current limiting factor is the input connector.  The wiring is rated at over 40 amps and the series resistance is < .008 ohms.  The actual outlet has .036" triple wipe contacts and is the same as in the 20A rated unit.  It just does not have the 90 degree neutral blade compatibility.  The AR1P should be just fine with either unit.  As a matter of fact, series units seem to be cumulative in effect and synergistic to a point, ie.: 1+1 = 2.25-ish... :)

Dave
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2009, 02:43 am by dBe »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #146 on: 21 Jul 2009, 10:27 pm »

Robin,

Can you expand a little on how the Uber and/or Majibuss compares to the Alan Maher stuff you are familiar with?

Thanks,
Anand.

+1 on that.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #147 on: 24 Jul 2009, 12:20 pm »
no reply=ordered UberBuss yesterday.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #148 on: 24 Jul 2009, 01:00 pm »
I will be trying the Uber Buss in the system today.   :thumb:

While there are a multitude of combinations that I ultimately want to try, the primary focus today will be to simply replace the Majik Buss with the Uber Buss.  This means that all of my components will plug directly into a FurmanSound Ref IT-20i power conditioner and the Ref IT-20i will plug into the Uber Buss. 

Will try and post some initial impressions later.

Also, I will demo the Majik Buss and Uber Buss at my GTG tomorrow.

George

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #149 on: 24 Jul 2009, 01:26 pm »
Looking forward to your impressions.

Brucemck

« Reply #150 on: 24 Jul 2009, 03:17 pm »

Dave, will devices from Sound Application work ok in front of your majic bus, or, do they too have to be after the majic/uber?

Mariusz

« Reply #151 on: 24 Jul 2009, 05:38 pm »
I've received my Majik Buss few days ago. It is breaking-in right now but as sceptic as I was about this product, it really works great in my system. Especially from dynamic, floor noise and resolution point of view.
I am not using any other conditioner in the chain for comparison.

One of those products worth keeping.

Highly recommended!!!

Mariusz :thumb:

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #152 on: 24 Jul 2009, 06:01 pm »
I've received my Majik Buss few days ago. It is breaking-in right now but as sceptic as I was about this product, it really works great in my system. Especially from dynamic, floor noise and resolution point of view.
I am not using any other conditioner in the chain for comparison.

One of those products worth keeping.

Highly recommended!!!

Mariusz :thumb:

Wait till you hear the Uber Buss...   aa

George

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #153 on: 24 Jul 2009, 06:38 pm »

Wait till you hear the Uber Buss...   aa

George
[/quote]

Mine should be delivered next Friday.  Hopefully!  I can't wait. 

evan1

« Reply #154 on: 24 Jul 2009, 11:59 pm »
Got my majik buss today

evan1

« Reply #155 on: 25 Jul 2009, 01:23 am »
Well I did a quick arrangement to hook this up and after about an hour of listening this is  what I have so far. More volume , louder bass , more detail and depth.Pretty amazing. I did not use the Elektra cabe right now because with the layout of the majik bus it was to short. I have to rearrange some stuff to hook it all together. I probably would perfer the power cord and receptacles to be on the same side like a power center. But all I can say is WOW. I will be bringing this to Hogg's in Conn. tommorow for the July NY Audio Rave.

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #156 on: 25 Jul 2009, 01:47 am »
I did a little comparison session this morning at Steve's with the gear driving his Orion's.

On his system the Electra Cable made as much difference by its self as the Majik Buss did. I can't remember what his other power cord was, but the Electra Cable added more body to the vocals and some subtle but obvious differences in the top end.

The Majik Buss dropped the noise floor and made everything more relaxed, more musical, and easier to listen to.

Fun stuff...

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #157 on: 25 Jul 2009, 05:41 am »

Dave, will devices from Sound Application work ok in front of your majic bus, or, do they too have to be after the majic/uber?

Bruce,

I see no reason for these units to be incompatible.  I would try every configuration to see what sounds best.  My gut feeling would be after the SA unit:  Wall > SA > Majik or Uber > gear > ears > brain & heart  :green:

Have fun,

Dave

KS

« Reply #158 on: 28 Jul 2009, 03:27 am »
My system is in an area with huge voltage surges every time a snow laden tree falls across the 33kv power lines.  I've been awakened at night with the blue flash penetrating through bedroom shades, and it ain't no 60 cycle hum...it's a 60 cycle roar!

I'm running a panel surge supressor, receptacle surge supressor, and a Belkin PureAV Power Conditioner PF31L with, "the
highest level of AC line-noise filtering and protection from power disturbances," and high voltage protection.  These, plus maybe whatever surge protection the power company has on the pole, have worked well so far.  I have a tube amp and solid state for the rest.

What set up do you recommend for protection and clean power in my installation.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #159 on: 30 Jul 2009, 01:03 am »
I will be trying the Uber Buss in the system today.   :thumb:

While there are a multitude of combinations that I ultimately want to try, the primary focus today will be to simply replace the Majik Buss with the Uber Buss.  This means that all of my components will plug directly into a FurmanSound Ref IT-20i power conditioner and the Ref IT-20i will plug into the Uber Buss. 

Will try and post some initial impressions later.

Also, I will demo the Majik Buss and Uber Buss at my GTG tomorrow.

George

So I have had the Uber Buss in the system for roughly a week now and the easiest way to describe what I am hearing is to say that everything I posted here (http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=68006.20) still applies - JUST MO' BETTER!   :thumb:

Now while the level of improvement was not as big as inserting the Majik Buss into the system, I still think the Uber Buss is well worth the additional cost over the Majik Buss.

I'll try and write something up this weekend detailing the differences on a couple of test songs.

But regardless of what I think or write, the best way to find out about the Majik or Uber Buss, is to get one and put it into your own system and hear it for yourself.

George