Any F1 Fans Out There?

ltr317

Re: Any F1 Fans Out There?
« Reply #40 on: 22 Jun 2009, 04:57 pm »
Jensen's smooth driving style was a disadvantage in getting the Brawn's tire temperature up fast enough at a typical cool Silverstone race.  Germany should be warmer, so Jensen and Rubio should be able to compete with the Red Bulls again. 

richidoo

« Reply #41 on: 22 Jun 2009, 07:51 pm »
I didn't think about that, you're right..... Hungary will be hot too.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #42 on: 8 Jul 2009, 12:49 am »
Can somebody please tell me when the Nuerburgring race will be televised in the States?
I checked the CBS Sports page (> HERE <) and they say the race is on the 12th at 8:00am on FOX, but the DVR can't find it. Also, what is "8:00am"? Is that the time the race takes place in Germany? It doesn't say what time zone.

I was a die hard race fan for a couple decades, but haven't watch a race in a few years. Would very much like to see this race.

Thanks fellas.

Bob

ltr317

« Reply #43 on: 8 Jul 2009, 01:17 am »
Hi Bob,

According to the local Fox channel schedule, the race is airing at 3 pm, east coast time.  Unfortunately, it's not going to be on Speed but on their parent Fox channel, which means we miss the 30 minute pre-race interviews and analysis. 

Paul

richidoo

« Reply #44 on: 8 Jul 2009, 01:24 am »
Bob,
Practice is Friday, 8am EDT SpeedTV  (607 DirecTV)
Qualifying is Saturday, 8am EDT SpeedTV
Inside Grand Prix (race preview) is Sunday, 12:30pm EDT SpeedTV

F1 Race is on Fox for Germany and Hungary. These Fox races have been showing at 3pm on DirecTV East, but could be different time where you live.

Check the Fox schedule here: http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/f1
Type in your zip code to get the local listing times.

The GP2 Race is Sunday, 5:30pm EDT on SpeedTV. This is the junior F1 series. Usually pretty lively, upcoming F1 stars.

SpeedTV repeats:  http://www.speedtv.com/programs/formula-one-on-speed/

I hope this helps! Enjoy the race. I'm looking forward to getting filled in on all the political crap that has gone down since 3 weeks ago. formula1.com says nothing, and speedTV.com is pretty lame too. But the fox F1 page seems to have more gossip, typical of Fox....  :thumb:
Rich

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #45 on: 8 Jul 2009, 02:10 am »
Excellent!  :thumb: Thank you very much Rich!
All I asked for was a time, but you delivered in spades. You're 'da man.  8)

Bob

richidoo

« Reply #46 on: 8 Jul 2009, 03:04 am »
Na I just like to hear myself type.

Paul was quicker and even has a racecar avatar!!   :thumb:   We were typing at the same time....

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #47 on: 8 Jul 2009, 03:07 am »
 :o Ohh...I missed Pauls post entirely.  :oops:
How'd that happen?

Sorry Paul, thanks man. Both helpful posts. You guys are great. Thank you.

Bob

ltr317

« Reply #48 on: 8 Jul 2009, 05:22 pm »
Na I just like to hear myself type.

Paul was quicker and even has a racecar avatar!!   :thumb:   We were typing at the same time....

Yeah, that's old #62.  That was basically my car most of the time I rented, though I also drove #59, #60, #61 and #65 at times.   Here's a photo of me leading my friend Jeff Ellner into the "boot" at Watkins Glen:

mgalusha

« Reply #49 on: 8 Jul 2009, 05:36 pm »
Nice!  :thumb:

Yeah, that's old #62.  That was basically my car most of the time I rented, though I also drove #59, #60, #61 and #65 at times.   Here's a photo of me leading my friend Jeff Ellner into the "boot" at Watkins Glen:

richidoo

« Reply #50 on: 8 Jul 2009, 06:50 pm »
Nice shot Paul. I would love to drive the glen.

Karts are the only rental race cars 'round these parts....  But it's still a lot of fun.  My son is the youth league champion last two years.

ltr317

« Reply #51 on: 8 Jul 2009, 08:29 pm »
Nice shot Paul. I would love to drive the glen.

Karts are the only rental race cars 'round these parts....  But it's still a lot of fun.  My son is the youth league champion last two years.

The photo was taken by an amateur photographer, who I believe also took this one of the pre-race grid:
I'm actually right in back of the first spec racer on the left (#61) hidden by him.  The Glen is my favorite track to race or drive.  VIR is a close second.  Road America is a track I haven't driven yet, but would love to, if I ever get enough money to go racing again.

Your son is doing it the correct way.  Is it a shifter kart?  Look how many formula racers started out in kart.  I hope he knows how lucky he is having a dad like you support him.  My dad didn't care less when I was young and wanted to go racing.  I had lightning reflexes and no fear back then but didn't have the money.   

richidoo

« Reply #52 on: 8 Jul 2009, 10:04 pm »
Thanks Paul, another classic shot....

He knows he's got it made. Racing is $30/kid/weekend, not bad. But eventually he will want more if his interest persists. Fortunately baseball is also on his agenda. They are just slip clutch rental Sodi's, but they are new and tight. I get nauseas if I race two stints back to back.

ltr317

« Reply #53 on: 9 Jul 2009, 03:57 am »
Thanks Paul, another classic shot....

He knows he's got it made. Racing is $30/kid/weekend, not bad. But eventually he will want more if his interest persists. Fortunately baseball is also on his agenda. They are just slip clutch rental Sodi's, but they are new and tight. I get nauseas if I race two stints back to back.

Yeah, high g-forces in a kart, probably because you're real low to the ground.  I've only raced 3 times in a kart, but made sure not to eat anything long beforehand.  Didn't want to take a chance puking.   :thumbdown: