Musica Bella Cables ---- Salk/AVA AKFest - explanation

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Hello everyone,
 I have been receiving a ton of inquires as to what happened with the Musica Bella cables in the Salk Sound / AVA room at the AK Fest so I figured everyone should know what happened.

They were installed into the system Friday night to burn in. Apparently the system was noisy with the cables installed so they were removed. You can imagine my disappointment when I saw all the pictures with no Bella cables in sight.

The single ended Bella cables have been used in countless systems. Both in high-end 2-channel systems as well as large home theater systems. In my showroom, various Bella cables as long as 3M are used in a large 2-channel/vinyl/home theater system and are dead quiet. Even the vinyl rig uses no shielding. One system does run a Running Springs Audio Haley but the other two, including the HT system, use no form of conditioning.

My thoughts are that there are a few factors that may have come into play here. The use of longer cable runs with the 2-prong ungrounded power cords on the AVA equipment, no conditioning and very noisy environment of a hotel during an audio show all lead to a potentially noisy arrangement.

I wish I had known as I would have had Jim run them over to one of the other manufactures that asked to use these cables at the show and I had to turn down. It's all water under the bridge now and I am not hear to beat a dead horse or open up yet another cable debate.....simply answering the big question...."What happened with the cables"

This is not a knock on Franks gear whatsoever rather an explanation that many have asked for.

Hopefully some of the other AC members that are running the Musica Bella MB Series cables will chime in with their findings as well :wink: :duh:

Mariusz

Re: Musica Bella Cables ---- Salk/AVA AKFest - explanation
« Reply #1 on: 7 May 2009, 03:31 am »
no noise on this side of the fance :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Bill,

I am breaking in both speaker cables and interconnects.
Hooked up to Omega speakers in my basement as well as Bella phono and Consonance phono - no problems whatsoever.
Evaluating cables right out of the box is tricky and initial impressions should not be taken to seriously.
I rarely listen to cables, drivers, amps etc. without adequate settle-in time. Usually, leaving component, cables drivers on for 24h for first few days and 12 on and 12 off there after.

After 72h Bella cables are settling in and tonight was the 1st time I seat down and listen to them since installing them in the system.
Big (huge) difference from day 1.

I think they still need few more days but so far so good.

Mariusz :thumb: