N2X model on demo tour...

Danny Richie

Re: N2X model on demo tour...
« Reply #280 on: 25 Oct 2011, 01:33 pm »
Good to know...Does anyone out here in St. Louis have a set I can hear?  Or borrow to listen to for a day or so for that matter.  It worries me an more importantly my wife that if I take it upon myself to convert these over that the sound decreases rather than increases in quality.  Also do the X-SLSs and Neo 2xs use the same driver (as in, is it just a tweeter change or are the drivers significantly different?)

I don't know of N2X customers off hand but I can send you some to demo.

I need your complete shipping and contact info. Then call with CC info needed for securing them.

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
« Reply #281 on: 25 Oct 2011, 05:21 pm »
PM sent Danny thanks for your help :D

Danny Richie

« Reply #282 on: 26 Oct 2011, 08:52 pm »
I just got the N2X demo speakers back last week. They haven't been back here to GR in a while. So it let me check them out before sending them out again.

One resistor lead on the woofer circuit had broken off right as it goes into the resistor in the shunt circuit on the woofer network, on one speaker. So that speaker had basically a first order network on the woofer, and would have sounded very different compared to the other one. So the phase was off and the response was off in that speaker. I don't know how many people heard them that way but I have the feeling that some people never got to hear how good these speakers can really sound.

WC

« Reply #283 on: 26 Oct 2011, 09:38 pm »
Danny do you have others on the tour?

I am interested.

Danny Richie

« Reply #284 on: 26 Oct 2011, 09:46 pm »
Danny do you have others on the tour?

I am interested.

Yes

WC

« Reply #285 on: 26 Oct 2011, 09:51 pm »
Am I on the list? I sent you some info awhile back via email.

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
« Reply #286 on: 17 Nov 2011, 02:13 pm »
Hey Danny just send me a PM with where you want me to send them when you are ready to put them back out on the road.  Very enjoyable speakers, I am going to set them back up now that I got my new pre-amp and give another listen.  Thanks for the opportunity to here a great speaker.

Danny Richie

« Reply #287 on: 20 Jan 2012, 09:18 pm »
Okay, the last few guys on the list have had issues come up that are keeping them from doing the demo at this time.

So, I have a pair of N2X's in the Illinois area that need a new destination.

If you are interested in the free demo then get with me as soon as you can.

Thanks,

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #288 on: 20 Jan 2012, 10:28 pm »
+1 great pair of speakers, if your new to audiocircle these demo's that Danny and others do are a fantastic way to hear world class equipment in your cave with your gear. All you do in most cases is ship them to the next person on your dime. If your really new its a great way to chat with others about listening to the same equipment and comparing the experience, you'll get to know folks here faster call Danny and ask him what info he needs and get ready for some serious FUN!! :thumb:

tesseract

« Reply #289 on: 22 Jan 2012, 10:08 pm »
I just got the N2X demo speakers back last week. They haven't been back here to GR in a while. So it let me check them out before sending them out again.

One resistor lead on the woofer circuit had broken off right as it goes into the resistor in the shunt circuit on the woofer network, on one speaker. So that speaker had basically a first order network on the woofer, and would have sounded very different compared to the other one. So the phase was off and the response was off in that speaker. I don't know how many people heard them that way but I have the feeling that some people never got to hear how good these speakers can really sound.

Hmm.. I wonder if this was a factor when I had the audition pair. The woofer was popping on one speaker when I turned it up past 95 dB @ 1m, C-weighted.

Sid

« Reply #290 on: 9 Feb 2012, 01:41 am »
I had an opportunity to hear the O-3's some time ago.  Simply amazing!  :icon_surprised:

I don't have the space for O-3's, and would like the chance to listen to the N2X.  Would you please add me to the tour?  I just sent you a message with my specific information.  Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Sid

Danny Richie

« Reply #291 on: 29 May 2012, 07:00 pm »
I finally have a chance to get back on lining up people to demo these. Right now the N2X demo's are in Sunset, UT.

Are there others in that area that would like to demo these before they move on to a new area?

I have a few on the list in Florida and Texas but would rather not have someone have to ship these all the way across the country to the next person.

Any of you guys on the mid West want to give these a shot?

wagnju

« Reply #292 on: 29 May 2012, 08:07 pm »
If there is a possibility for the Kansas City (MO) area , I would like to try to demo the pair of N2X ?
I need a pair of speakers for a secondary system and would like to find out how the N2X perform vs. my pair of Selah Verita and Kingsound Princess bookshelf speakers .

Juergen

Danny Richie

« Reply #293 on: 29 May 2012, 08:16 pm »
If there is a possibility for the Kansas City (MO) area , I would like to try to demo the pair of N2X ?
I need a pair of speakers for a secondary system and would like to find out how the N2X perform vs. my pair of Selah Verita and Kingsound Princess bookshelf speakers .

Juergen

Sure, no problem.

I need you to send me all of your shipping and contact info.

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #294 on: 2 Jul 2012, 06:21 pm »
Where are these now?

-Tony

Danny Richie

« Reply #295 on: 2 Jul 2012, 07:36 pm »
Where are these now?

-Tony

N1X's in Clearfield, UT and N2X's in Lees summit, MO.

pureiso

« Reply #296 on: 2 Jul 2012, 08:29 pm »
N1X's in Clearfield, UT and N2X's in Lees summit, MO.

Someone out here has the N1X's in my same zip code?  :scratch:

Are you sure that is right?

Edit: Well, I guess so.  Maybe a made a recommendation to someone out here about them, or just random coincidence.  I had the N2X's...

Danny Richie

« Reply #297 on: 2 Jul 2012, 08:36 pm »
Someone out here has the N1X's in my same zip code?  :scratch:

Are you sure that is right?

Edit: Well, I guess so.  Maybe a made a recommendation to someone out here about them, or just random coincidence.  I had the N2X's...

Just after you shipped off the N2X's I had a guy in your area acquire about them. So I had the N1X's sent in on their way back to the Mid-West. 

Captainhemo

« Reply #298 on: 2 Jul 2012, 09:23 pm »
On the GR website it says there  are plans for a  small floor standing  version  of the N2X  .  Do you have a link  to those plans ?
I'd love to demo a pair of these (either version) but  I guess being up here in Canada kind of makes it ough with customs and shipping.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #299 on: 2 Jul 2012, 11:33 pm »
The demos don't usually cross the border :cry:...