N2X model on demo tour...

tesseract

Re: N2X model on demo tour...
« Reply #260 on: 3 Jun 2011, 03:24 pm »
N2X demos landed on my doorstep yesterday. They are showing a bit of wear from their travels, but still in remarkable shape, considering. Unpacked and set them on the floor, no time to listen as of yet. I have never seen such a brick, very solid, and these are just the PE cabinets. Very impressed.

Gonna hook them up in a minute, then they will visit my brother's house with me tomorrow.

Danny Richie

« Reply #261 on: 3 Jun 2011, 03:33 pm »
I have never seen such a brick, very solid, and these are just the PE cabinets.

Well, they are lined with No Rez.

tesseract

« Reply #262 on: 4 Jun 2011, 07:06 am »
Yep, I figured that was why (NoRez).

Very smooth sound, I cannot see anyone ever getting fatigued listening to these.

Ron

« Reply #263 on: 4 Jun 2011, 10:46 am »
 They are the type of speaker you can listen to for hours on end without developing listener fatigue. They have a very smooth, open, natural sound quality. A really great design by Danny.

iskandam

« Reply #264 on: 4 Jun 2011, 06:11 pm »
I went to T.H.E. Show at Newport Beach yesterday and heard much more expensive speakers that don't sound as good as the N2X.  The N2X are truly one of hi-fi's best kept secrets!

I wish you could've made it to the show, Danny.  Would love to hear your some of your bigger designs go toe to toe with some of the cost-no-object big boys.

tesseract

« Reply #265 on: 10 Jul 2011, 05:42 pm »
I have finished my audition of the N2X pair, thanks again, Danny!

I had them for quite a while, but only got to spend 10-12 hours with them. I took many notes and will post my impressions in this thread at a later date, once I organize my thoughts into something semi literate.

I can sum up my impressions with this quick request. I am not in a position to build right now. Anyone have a pair of N2X or N3's they want to sell?

Danny Richie

« Reply #266 on: 9 Aug 2011, 02:54 pm »
Who wants to be next?

I have a pair of N2X's in the North East and a pair of the N1X's in New Mexico.

Art_Chicago

« Reply #267 on: 18 Aug 2011, 01:28 am »
well I am in Chicago area. Let me know if it works. Thanks!

dman

« Reply #268 on: 27 Aug 2011, 12:27 pm »
I just sent these on to their next recipient. Art - I'm sure you will enjoy these.

Here's a few thoughts on the N2Xs:
My listening room is fairly large (17 X 22 with cathedral ceiling) and I was comparing them to my 12 year old Paradigm Monitor 6s. The N2X kept up very well despite being a much smaller speaker. Obviously they don't play as deep as the Paradigms. For me, I would want to use a sub with these or go with Danny's N3 design instead. I was sort of expecting to be blown away by the sound but that didn't happen. (Not necessarily a bad thing.) What I found was that they have a very smooth and detailed sound. I noticed details I hadn't heard before in some of my favorite recordings. I have found the Paradigms to cause listener fatigue, they can be a little harsh at times. The N2Xs were much better in this respect. Looking back through some of the comments, others have come to the same conclusion. They are a solid and attractive package with the PE cabinets especially compared to my monolithic black vinyl Paradigms. The N2Xs are very nice speakers.  :thumb:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #269 on: 27 Aug 2011, 02:18 pm »
I remember hearing that same pair of speakers over 3 years ago.   Sounds like they are still sounding as good as they did then!   Still enjoying the N2X's I built with help from Danny, The Ninja and Ruben.   :thumb:

tabrink

• lake life is good
« Reply #270 on: 28 Sep 2011, 03:07 am »
I am very interested in hearing these!

Danny Richie

« Reply #271 on: 28 Sep 2011, 04:15 am »
I am very interested in hearing these!

Send me all of your shipping and contact info.

WC

« Reply #272 on: 5 Oct 2011, 07:00 pm »
Danny,

I sent an email regarding this. Did you get it?

oldman45

« Reply #273 on: 9 Oct 2011, 04:41 am »
Who wants to be next?

I have a pair of N2X's in the North East and a pair of the N1X's in New Mexico.

Danny, I live in the Dallas area.  I would be interested in trying them out.  I have been looking for some time now for some monitors and these sound like an excellent pair.

Danny Richie

« Reply #274 on: 9 Oct 2011, 08:08 pm »
Danny, I live in the Dallas area.  I would be interested in trying them out.  I have been looking for some time now for some monitors and these sound like an excellent pair.

Please send me all of your contact and shipping info via e-mail to info@gr-research.com

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
« Reply #275 on: 24 Oct 2011, 02:12 pm »
I would love to A/B compare these with my X-SLSs before I convert them over in St. Louis.  I have already been PMing you Danny but I would be happy to host a pair for GASers if there isn't already a pair out here.

iskandam

« Reply #276 on: 24 Oct 2011, 06:19 pm »
I A/B'ed them against the X-Statiks and the N2X came out on top in all areas except bass quantity and size of soundstage.  The N2X's bass is much more articulate though.

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
« Reply #277 on: 24 Oct 2011, 06:25 pm »
Good to know...Does anyone out here in St. Louis have a set I can hear?  Or borrow to listen to for a day or so for that matter.  It worries me an more importantly my wife that if I take it upon myself to convert these over that the sound decreases rather than increases in quality.  Also do the X-SLSs and Neo 2xs use the same driver (as in, is it just a tweeter change or are the drivers significantly different?)

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #278 on: 25 Oct 2011, 12:19 am »
Good to know...Does anyone out here in St. Louis have a set I can hear?  Or borrow to listen to for a day or so for that matter.  It worries me an more importantly my wife that if I take it upon myself to convert these over that the sound decreases rather than increases in quality.  Also do the X-SLSs and Neo 2xs use the same driver (as in, is it just a tweeter change or are the drivers significantly different?)

Convert?  To what?

tesseract

« Reply #279 on: 25 Oct 2011, 03:00 am »
Convert?  To what?

X-SLS to N2X tower ala stereodude?