N2X model on demo tour...

dvenardos

Re: N2X model on demo tour...
« Reply #220 on: 15 Oct 2010, 01:00 am »
Yeah, they blew me away too.
Isn't the detail coming from them amazing?

N2X's landed in PA. (Oct 14)...wow!! Dynamite bookshelves..clean, involving and really more dynamic than I would have thought. I'm gonna enjoy these, will post more after some time with them. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Ron

« Reply #221 on: 15 Oct 2010, 01:10 am »
The N2X is a remarkably good speaker system and one of my favorites. In fact, over the past year I have built a number of pairs for other people who wanted N2X's but just didn't have the woodworking and soldering skills to build them. I have been thinking about building another pair to sell if anyone is interested. If so,just drop me a PM.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #222 on: 15 Oct 2010, 02:16 am »
I have had a pair of N2X for about 2 years and just finished a pair of the gargantuan LS9s.  Although that the little N2Xs don't have the dynamics or quite all the detail, they capture most of what the LS9s have(except low bass), and actually image a little better (but that may be the room).  Regardless, they are an excellent little speaker that one could live with happily for years and years. 

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #223 on: 19 Oct 2010, 01:43 pm »
I gotta say, these babies are outstanding, Danny my hats off to ya!! The combination of these drivers, crossover design and low cost pretty much make these the best bookshelves I've ever heard. The detail is excellent but never over done, they sound multiple times bigger than they actually are and the imaging/soundstage/pick your superlative and put it here-is outstanding!!

I've listened to these pretty much non-stop since they arrived and will continue to do so until I am forced to send them on. They are never fatiguing, easily powered and just plain FUN to listen to. I can't find anything at all even remotely negative to say about these N2X bookshelves except that I don't have the cash right now to buy this particular set of speakers. If I was able to-and someday I will be-I would call Danny and tell him to charge my credit card for this exact pair. I love my JBL-4312A's, they are a 3-way speaker with a 12" woofer but the N2X's just sound better to me, they don't smoke the JBL's but at about the third of the size and only being 2-way speakers they shouldn't come close but they do and they sound better.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #224 on: 17 Nov 2010, 08:18 pm »
All you guys that are up here in the Northeast area these N2X's are boxed and ready to be sent your way, they will be missed until I can build a set for myself. You'll be shocked at how well these little bookshelves image and what smooth detail they display. These are quite simply the best bookshelf speakers I have ever heard. Thank you Danny for this fabulous demo time!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #225 on: 17 Nov 2010, 08:30 pm »
Anyone else in the North East for this pair?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #226 on: 17 Nov 2010, 08:40 pm »
Anyone else in the North East for this pair?

These little guys are definitely worth your time.  Very impressive! 

Ron

« Reply #227 on: 18 Nov 2010, 12:01 am »
 If anyone is interested, I am presently building a pair of N2X and N3S to sell. The enclosures are finished, so it is just a matter of building the crossovers and installing the drivers. Both are finished in natural cherry like the N3S shown in my avatar. If interested, just send me a PM.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #228 on: 18 Nov 2010, 08:41 pm »
These N2X's are in my car ready to be dropped off to Fedex as soon as someone wants to hear them!!!!! :thumb: :thumb:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #229 on: 18 Nov 2010, 08:43 pm »
These N2X's are in my car ready to be dropped off to Fedex as soon as someone wants to hear them!!!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Sweet!  You're giving car audio a new meaning.   :thumb:

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #230 on: 18 Nov 2010, 09:11 pm »
I'm mobile, if I had a battery pack for the TWO.2 I'd cruise these to the next participant..... :dance: :dance: :dance:

Danny Richie

« Reply #231 on: 29 Nov 2010, 09:39 pm »
Last call for anyone else in the North East that wants to demo the N2X before they head to a new area.

jr1414

« Reply #232 on: 30 Nov 2010, 01:02 am »
I'd like them in NY... 

jr1414

« Reply #233 on: 30 Nov 2010, 01:05 am »
Just curious, how far have these traveled?  And what do they look like currently.  Would be interesting to see some comparison pictures....

Danny Richie

« Reply #234 on: 30 Nov 2010, 01:26 am »
Just curious, how far have these traveled?  And what do they look like currently.  Would be interesting to see some comparison pictures....

I had the N2X's here less than a month ago for some shipping damage repair to one of the crossover networks. It must have taken a hell of a hit. But they still look okay all things considering. One has a little bit of veneer cracking on the bottom side and a little nick or two, but not bad. Oh, and they have been all over the country from the east coast to the west coast and a lot of points in between.

Send me all of your shipping and contact information to : info@gr-research.com Then call me in the morning with the CC information needed to secure them and you can be next.

grubyhalo

« Reply #235 on: 1 Dec 2010, 03:25 pm »
Hi Danny,
Would you be selling any of these demo pieces anytime?

Thanks!

Danny Richie

« Reply #236 on: 1 Dec 2010, 03:34 pm »
Hi Danny,
Would you be selling any of these demo pieces anytime?

Thanks!

I might eventually, but right now I am selling quite a bit from the demo's. So I'd like to keep them going for now.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #237 on: 7 Dec 2010, 11:56 pm »
The little dandies should be with the next participant in NY by now, and I just wanted to thank Danny for the time I got to spend with his creations. They are easily worth 2 to 3 times what the kits actually cost, I found them easy to listen to, non-fatiguing at all in fact they are so easy to listen to that I had them in my system almost the entire time I had them. They sound much, much bigger then they are and meshed seamlessly with my run of the mill POLK sub. From top to bottom they are the definition of smooth, detailed and flat out fun to listen to!! I'm saving my sheckles for some of these babies unless he comes up with a new generation in the meantime. :thumb:
 Thanks again!!!
 Ed

jr1414

« Reply #238 on: 8 Dec 2010, 12:33 am »
Not quite here yet. Did get a door tag from fed ex today though. Could that have been them?

jr1414

« Reply #239 on: 8 Dec 2010, 12:46 am »
Ok just confirmed with FedEx, that they attempted to deliver the package today.  Unfortunately, I'm not at the house during the day, so I've had to arrange for it to be redirected to a local FedEx center.  It will delay their arrival until Thursday.  Work requires that I work Thursday night, so it will be Friday before I get to set these up.  Excited nevertheless!  I'll let you all know my thoughts once I've had a chance to give these a thorough listen.  I may not come out of the room for a few days......