Foreshadowing the HT4

Kris

Re: Foreshadowing the HT4
« Reply #20 on: 20 Apr 2009, 01:24 am »
We can simply name it the SSR (Salk Signature Reference). If it proves it deserves that name.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #21 on: 20 Apr 2009, 01:39 am »
I think we should delay the name-that-expensive-speaker contest until people have had a chance to see and (for AKfest attendees) hear it.

cadobhuk

« Reply #22 on: 20 Apr 2009, 02:39 am »
Looks like it's gonna be something quite sophisticated and worth $10k.

jsalk

« Reply #23 on: 20 Apr 2009, 02:44 am »
OK, my tiny little brain is thinking about both series names and speaker names, assuming that the speaker will be the initial model in a series of speakers.

Will bamboo be used for every cabinet or a section or sections thereof in this model?

At this time, I would guess that bamboo would be a special order.  It takes about $1600 worth of bamboo to build a pair.  The cost for MDF is more like $300 - 400.  So I would imagine the standard would be MDF with the option of bamboo.

- Jim

kip_

« Reply #24 on: 20 Apr 2009, 02:57 am »
We can simply name it the SSR (Salk Signature Reference). If it proves it deserves that name.

Rick Craig might not like that too much  :lol: http://www.selahaudio.com/id124.html (stands for Scan Speak Reference)

Open baffle and separate cabinets have been done before. I'm going to take a guess at the other two drivers... RAAL ribbon, accuton mid

floresjc

« Reply #25 on: 20 Apr 2009, 09:53 am »
Jim -

Are there any estimates on power requirements for this thing? Sounds like Dennis 200wpc amp did just fine (it did in my listening test over there as well, but he only had one at the time).