Anyone curious about reviews ????

klaus@odyssey

Anyone curious about reviews ????
« on: 18 Apr 2009, 03:59 am »
Just FYI,

http://www.avguide.com/blog/800-wonder-amp

Klaus

BTW:  man oh man,  Jonathan Valin has a couple of insane !!!!!  setups.  Easily some of the very best in the world,  and he definitely has a golden ear.  I came out of his place impressed in many ways,  that's for sure.

And those Magicos ???  Dream, dream,  dream a little dream.

keenween

Re: Anyone curious about reviews ????
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2009, 05:46 am »
 :thumb: Great review!

honesthoff

« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2009, 06:51 am »
We all knew that already, Jonathan.  Can't wait to read the full review. :rock:

P.S. Please send me a pair of M5's when you're done with them.

MaxCast

« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2009, 11:35 am »
Congrats Klaus !!

lazydays

« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2009, 05:42 pm »
Just FYI,

http://www.avguide.com/blog/800-wonder-amp

Klaus

BTW:  man oh man,  Jonathan Valin has a couple of insane !!!!!  setups.  Easily some of the very best in the world,  and he definitely has a golden ear.  I came out of his place impressed in many ways,  that's for sure.

And those Magicos ???  Dream, dream,  dream a little dream.

personally I hope he reviews them playing several different speaker setups. A pair of Maggies would be a must! And of course something that's a bitch to drive with any amp. Something to really show the best bass controll of any amp period. Something to show just how stable these amps really are at extreme impedence levels.
    Odyssey Monos are nearly impossible to overdrive into distortion (I know Klaus has tried in my living room). Would I make changes in the design? Maybe make them out of titanium to save the wear and tear on my back! The cat has complaints about them as well as the new solid tops run cooler than the old vented ones.
Mayor of Greenwood

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2009, 06:45 pm »
Klaus
Congratulations!
Mark

vsr123

« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2009, 02:41 pm »
 :thumb: Finally, I hope this is the first of many more to come....what about the Kismet line...?

cheers
Sri

kalel

« Reply #7 on: 20 Apr 2009, 12:14 am »
Klaus,

Congratulations on the great mini-review by one of the big names in audio.  It is always nice to see something nice happen to one of the good guys.  You deserve it!!

W

Steve Mac

« Reply #8 on: 21 Apr 2009, 03:50 am »
Congratulations Klaus...
Ya know Klaus I've heard so many great power amplifiers.
I just think it should be perfectly clear to anyone who knows good sound
and has used your amplifiers on a good speaker system that your amps are
simply tremendous and the price points are super...and considering
how well you treat your customers...how can you go wrong? answer: you really can't!

The audiophile world is filled with such subjectivism it can get to be a real turn off.
But I've heard the best horn systems....the best ESLs....the best Magneplanars....
on and on...it gets to the point where you just know what's bs and what's real.
These amps are for real...no doubt.

You could use some hot chicks in bikinis on your web page...that's the only thing that would be an improvement. ;)

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #9 on: 29 Apr 2009, 09:23 am »
Looking at the blog replies,  it's the same old story. Every other year or so it seems to go around and around with different people and different makes, mostly new to the market,  but within the same contexts.  Can't blame somebody for their enthusiasm,  but  notwithstanding real (and not just anonymous bs postings) experiences and synergistic system issues ?????.   Aaaaaaaaargh.