Please help with nOrh

mlight9620

Please help with nOrh
« on: 16 Apr 2009, 08:20 pm »
Hello, everybody,

I need help, with norh speakers. I just came across the website and I love the look. I am very much into music,(rock, county, blues, jazz ect) I also like movies. I have a marantz sr8002 av 125watts, sony 52xbr5 tv. I love crisp sounding music(i can hear the voice and instruments) I know what your thinking "who is this guy, he is just like everybody else, now I sure he is cheap) and you would be right. I have read reviews on the 6.1 and 6.9 and everybody seems to say the 6.9 is better. I need help please. would like the sm but unless I find them preowned not sure I can afford. the 7 in wood seem like awsome speakers, but at the price new to rich for me.I was also looking at angstroms have not heard. If I have to go with wood that is ok. First let me say thanks for help in advance. I guess I need guidance from people that have or had these speakers.
Mark

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Re: Please help with nOrh
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2009, 05:07 pm »
Welcome to Audiocircle!

The sm speakers are a great value for the money.

Do you want 5 speakers for home theater and music, or just 2 speakers? Will you have a subwoofer(s)?

Do you plan to expand your system over time, or just buy everything now? For example you could get your 2 main speakers, then add the center and surrounds as you can afford them.

mlight9620

« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2009, 05:25 pm »
Thank you so much one for the welcome, and second for the reply. Right now I am going to focus on the two mains. I do have a sub it is a prologic, and I will be upgrading as money is available. So I am looking at the 6.1 woods, or should I go sm in the 5.1. I do not have the funds as of yet of the sm, or maybe save up and do the wood 7. I have been looking for some used, but hard to find. I have not heard these so your help really is greatly appreciated.

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2009, 02:16 am »
What kind of budget do you have? If you do have a sub you might be good with the ceramic 4.0s. Later if you get bigger mains, you can use them as surrounds. If you can't afford to get the bigger nOrh's with decent bass, and you have a sub, I think the 4.0s would be an excellent option.

mlight9620

« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2009, 04:04 am »
I do have a sub and will be upgrading,,(suggestions would be welcomed on that as well) my budget is around 700 give or take. I do appreciate everybody taking the time to read my sometimes incoherent post. It is so difficult never hearring these, and not that 700 dollars is all the money in the world, it is a lot for me right now.

Thanks Mark