Eastern Electric MiniMax, Top 5 Audio Products of the Year

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
The reviewers have spoken at 6moons.com, and have in their products of the year at 6 moons.
 We are honored at Morningstar Audio Imports and Eastern Electric to bring to the music lovers affordable hi-end

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/syszygy03/5.html

Thanks to all who have purchased our products. We promise to bring you more

Our deepest and sincere gratitude,

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2003, 08:05 pm »
Bill, Congrats on what I already know.. :wink: This is a very special product that continues to impress me :o .. BTW your personalized customer service is second to none.. Thanks as always :D

BTW.. Your New MiniMax Amp is "WICKED GOOD" :notworthy: More to come on this amp in the very near future..

nature boy

« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec 2003, 11:58 pm »
Bill,

Congratulations, it is a great sounding product only enhanced by its value.  I also want to compliment you on the great dealer network you have put together.  I am sorry more Audio Circle members have not had a chance to experience this great little preamp - please consider a demo ship around unit if possible.

I already have mine.  The NOS tube rolling recommended by Nathan Loyer at Audio Revolutions/Eighth Nerve I am in pure sonic heaven. I can't wait for Alex's next products, especially the phono preamp - I'm am tempted to opt for a Graham Slee GSP Audio Era Gold MkV or Dynavector's new preamp, but something tells me to wait.

Happy holidays and great cheer for the new year.

NB

nature boy

« Reply #3 on: 16 Dec 2003, 12:01 am »
Bill,

Congratulations, it is a great sounding product only enhanced by its value.  I also want to compliment you on the great dealer network you have put together.  I am sorry more Audio Circle members have not had a chance to experience this great little preamp - please consider a demo ship around unit if possible.

I already have mine.  The NOS tube rolling recommended by Nathan Loyer at Audio Revolutions/Eighth Nerve I am in pure sonic heaven. I can't wait for Alex's next products, especially the phono preamp - I'm am tempted to opt for a Graham Slee GSP Audio Era Gold MkV or Dynavector's new preamp, but something tells me to wait.

NB

nature boy

« Reply #4 on: 16 Dec 2003, 12:23 am »
Bill,

NB

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #5 on: 16 Dec 2003, 11:12 am »
Quote from: nature boy
Bill,
 I am sorry more Audio Circle members have not had a chance to experience this great little preamp - please consider a demo ship around unit if possible.
Yes, A home audition tour would be nice! This preamp looks like a great value and a good performer as well, and would be a great match for those not wanting to spend "big bucks" on a preamp.

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
Home audition Tour MiniMax
« Reply #6 on: 16 Dec 2003, 04:04 pm »
Hi Nature Boy X3,

Out of the 3 multiple personalities which one does the listening :lol:  

I would be more than happy to let a MiniMax go on a Home Audition Tour for AudioCircle members.
 Who would like to be the first?

Email me at: bill@morningstar-audio-imports.com

audiojerry

« Reply #7 on: 16 Dec 2003, 04:05 pm »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Quote from: nature boy
Bill,
 I am sorry more Audio Circle members have not had a chance to experience this great little preamp - please consider a demo ship around unit if possible.
Yes, A home audition tour would be nice! This preamp looks like a great value and a good performer as well, and would be a great match for those not wanting to spend "big bucks" on a preamp.

I'll third that idea!  :lol:

myoung

Minimax
« Reply #8 on: 16 Dec 2003, 05:26 pm »
Oh boy, I'm guessing lots of us would like to be first. I'll put my name on a list!

Mike
Dallas

mattybumpkin

Home Audition
« Reply #9 on: 16 Dec 2003, 05:34 pm »
Put me on please!!!

Regards,

"M"

nature boy

Please delete the duplicate messages
« Reply #10 on: 16 Dec 2003, 10:25 pm »
Sorry guys,

My browser has been acting up, administrator please delete two of my three posts above.  Thanks and apologies for the hickups.

NB

lonewolfny42

« Reply #11 on: 17 Dec 2003, 03:06 am »
Bill , Thank you very much for your kind offer !  :D And I hope many of the members give it a listen.  :thumb:

Carlman

« Reply #12 on: 17 Dec 2003, 03:49 am »
Bill, you've got mail.

I'm hoping to do a Dodd, Purist, Minimax comparison at my place.  I don't care when.... just whenever the preamps align in time and space.

-Carl

lonewolfny42

« Reply #13 on: 17 Dec 2003, 04:15 am »
Quote from: Carlman
Bill, you've got mail.

I'm hoping to do a Dodd, Purist, Minimax comparison at my place.  I don't care when.... just whenever the preamps align in time and space.

-Carl
Carl,... Sounds like a shootout at the OK Coral, high noon ! :guns:  But that's the way to go. Enjoy, you've got a lot to listen to ! :)

Mad DOg

« Reply #14 on: 17 Dec 2003, 05:25 am »
Hello Bill,

I'd like to be included on the MiniMax demo tour! i'll email you. Thanks in advance. :)

John Casler

« Reply #15 on: 17 Dec 2003, 05:53 am »
If I could jump in for the demo either after or before Mad DOg, it would be great since we live close.

I think with MD reviewing it with his Refs against the Aragon and Me reviewing it with my 626Rs (or whatever I have when it occurs) against a seasoned "ultra-quiet Bryston .5 Pre, we could get a good idea what this unit brings to the table.

I have been wanting to get some tubes in front of my VMPSs for some time now.

Please put me on the list :wink:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #16 on: 17 Dec 2003, 11:28 pm »
I've received an email from Bill today stating that the Mini-Max is coming my way (THANKS!), shipping today. It's a brand new unit, and it will need  some time to break-in. I look forward to it's arrival! I'll be using both my Krell amp and the Scott Nixon Mono amps. It seems like it would be a good match with the Mono's. Time will tell. :D

maxwalrath

« Reply #17 on: 19 Dec 2003, 10:28 pm »
Hi Bill,
I sent you a p.m., I'd like to be added to the audition list.
Thanks,
Max

Carlman

« Reply #18 on: 19 Dec 2003, 10:32 pm »
Wow, Bill is apparently sending out a good number of units... a 'Minimax Blitz' perhaps?  I applaud Bill on his excellent customer service and willingness to get his product heard.  THANKS!!!

And yes, the shootout at high noon is on... :rock:

2 of the 3 pre's should be here Monday.  I will post an invitation to my place for the comparisons.... which will be late January.

Thanks,
Carl