Mods for the Behringer DCX 2496

sendler

Very pleased with the AK4395
« Reply #20 on: 8 May 2009, 02:28 am »

So are you saying you're pleased with the ak4395 chip and that it is the equivalent or better of the DAC1?

I'm very pleased with the ak4395 running direct out through the Dayton foil caps in my DCX. It is by far the best sounding Dac I've ever had home. Very transparent and see through deep. Use a multichannel preamp after it or use stepped attenuators or a fixed series resistor at the amps to set the maximum listening level and use digital volume control on the DCX or the digital source to fine tune from there.

doug s.

• makin' music
Re: Mods for the Behringer DCX 2496
« Reply #21 on: 8 May 2009, 11:11 am »
DIY Doug.  aa
diy a deqx?  i think that might be a bit over my head.  if someone gave me a schematic w/all the parts identified that need to be replaced, i might be able to do it, but that's about as far as my diy skills go...

doug s.

richidoo

« Reply #22 on: 8 May 2009, 11:53 am »
Nice discussion. I built the Jan Didden analog mods. It was not hard because the instructions are excellent. Jan helped me by email, as did mgalusha in many various ways, big thanks to both. I intend to do the Pilgham clock and PS at some point. I am also intrigued by Scott's cap output and the new output DACs.

Scott, on your DCX mod webpage, you say,
"If you want to try it yourself, the wires that you need starting from the red are 7,8,10,11,L+,L-,R+,R- for the DEQ. 3-14 6- to 1+ for the DCX." I don't understand what you mean by "3-14 6- to 1+ for the DCX." Can you expound? I gotta check out the Yahoo forum.
Thanks
Rich

sendler

DCX Direct out wiring
« Reply #23 on: 8 May 2009, 05:03 pm »
3-14 6- to 1+ for the DCX." I don't understand what you mean by "3-14 6- to 1+ for the DCX." Can you expound? I gotta check out the Yahoo forum.
Thanks
Rich
The third wire will carry the - signal for the 6th channel, the 4th wire will carry the + signal for the 6th channel, the 5th wire carries the - signal for the 5th channel, the 13th wire carries the - signal for the 1st channel, the 14th wire carries the + signal for the 1st channel, ect in order.

richidoo

« Reply #24 on: 10 May 2009, 09:58 pm »
OK, I got it now! Cool cryptics... Thanks a lot, Scott!