Recommended Sub

eaglerider94

Recommended Sub
« on: 10 Apr 2009, 11:43 pm »
Hi Mike,
I recently ran across your subwoofers on the internet while researching. I've had my choices down to two manufacturers but was impressed on what I read about ACI's subwoofers.

My room dimensions are  20'Lx15.5'Wx8'H with an opening of 4'x8' to an entrance hallway. Room is somewhat rectangular.

I'm running a DENON 3808CI with Monitor Audio RS LRC speakers with rear Nyle pivoting ceiling speakers. Don't know if this helps.

Thanks in advance

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Recommended Sub
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2009, 12:22 am »
If you can swing the Maestro, it'll be the last sub you'll ever need - especially with the specials Mike has been running.

Bryan

eaglerider94

« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2009, 01:08 am »
I did see that one but the Cherry finish is sold out not to mention I have to consider the WAF.  :argue:
Isn't that a beast for the size room I provided Bryan?

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr 2009, 01:31 am »
It's a beast for pretty much any normal sized room.   aa

Your room isn't small.  You could do a Titan certainly and save a little floorspace and money.  Mike always said a Maestro was equivalent to at least 3 Titans and approx 8 Forces.

If you want DEEP, quick, tight, and effortless, this is your solution.

Bryan

eaglerider94

« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2009, 01:42 am »
How would you compare either sub to the SVS PB12-Plus. Honestly. This is confusing.  :duh:

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 11 Apr 2009, 01:38 pm »
The SVS is great for HT - not so good for music IMO.  It's a great boom box for special effects.  The Titan would keep up with it on HT pretty closely and do a MUCH better job on music.  IMO, the Maestro would just mop the floor with it on both accounts.

Bryan

eaglerider94

« Reply #6 on: 11 Apr 2009, 02:32 pm »
I've been trying to find "recent" reviews on the Titan but with no luck. Would you happen to have links of recent reviews? 

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #7 on: 14 Apr 2009, 11:44 am »
All the reviews can be accessed from this page:

http://www.audioc.com/products1/reviews/reviews.htm

We haven't sent a Titan out for review since the TONE Audio review a couple years ago. After you get enough "rave" reviews, it is just an added cost to keep sending product for review. Also, there are more recent Force XL reviews, and keep in mind all three subs sound the same, the bigger ones just have greater output capability and the ability to reach deeper in room at higher SPLs.

I agree with Bryan, if you have the room, get the Maestro XL. At the closeout price it is a crazy/great deal and value. Note also, if you're looking for cherry, we only have one cherry B-stock Titan XL . . .