CanJam '09, Los Angeles, May 30 and 31, 2009

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
Re: CanJam '09, Los Angeles, May 30 and 31, 2009
« Reply #20 on: 19 May 2009, 09:03 pm »
What are the q tips for  :lol:

ED

cryoparts

« Reply #21 on: 19 May 2009, 09:23 pm »

ED

No transference of assorted detritus from ears to other people's cans?   :icon_lol:  Ugh.

Lee

santacore

« Reply #22 on: 19 May 2009, 11:27 pm »
Any hints as to the new goodies you'll be debuting?

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #23 on: 19 May 2009, 11:32 pm »
That sounds nasty

ED

ED

No transference of assorted detritus from ears to other people's cans?   :icon_lol:  Ugh.

Lee

cryoparts

« Reply #24 on: 19 May 2009, 11:35 pm »
I know, right?   :duh:

Lee

That sounds nasty

ED

ED

Lee

cryoparts

« Reply #25 on: 19 May 2009, 11:38 pm »
Any hints as to the new goodies you'll be debuting?

Sure, some preliminary things I am bringing (copied from my post at Head-Fi):

Hello Everyone,

Locus Design/CryoParts, Sonicweld and Whiplash Audio will be sharing the Santa Monica Room.

I am still adding stuff daily that I am bringing to Can Jam, however, it looks as if the following will make it.

Two products from Sonicweld will make their world debut. I have been working closely with Sonicweld for quite some time now to make something for less than $100K, well, here are the first two pieces to come from our meeting of the minds, as it were. Both these pieces will be very affordable and will redefine the concept of value in the high end.

The Decoder--24/192 DAC/Headphone Amp/Preamp with 24/96 USB input. I am not going to give too many details away yet, however, this will be a reference quality DAC that allows up to 24/96 through the USB input and 24/192 through the S/PDIF. The Decoder will have a reference quality balanced headphone amplifier and preamplifier built in as well, so it will make it an "all in one" reference quality computer music source.

The Diverter--Reference quality 24/96 USB to S/PDIF converter. Amazing piece of gear, not going to give too many details away yet.

We may even run some show specials on the above new Sonicweld products for those of you who order at the show.

From CryoParts/Locus Design:

Gear
----
Aforementioned Sonicweld gear
Styleaudio Topaz
Styleaudio Emerald
Trafomatic Experience Head One
Music Hall D25.2
Pop Pulse UII DAC
Pop Pulse PC Link II USB to S/PDIF converter
Pop Pulse USB Pro Dac 707
PS Audio DLII DAC
PS Audio GCHA
Empirical Audio Off Ramp Turbo 3
And, more...

Power/cables
----
PS Audio Power Plant Premier (2)
Assorted PS Audio power cables
Assorted CryoParts power cables
Assorted CryoParts interconnects
Assorted Locus Design interconnects
Assorted Locus Design power cables
Locus Design Spotlight, Polestar and Axis USB cables

Sources
----
Powerbook (2), filled with lossless
iBook, filled with lossless
iPod with DLO HD dock and Whiplash docks
Squeezebox SB3
Assorted CD players/DVD players

Cans
----
Re-cabled Ultrasone ED9 (balanced and SE)
Ultrasone ED8 (if they arrive in time)
Recabled and woodied Denon AHD-2000 (balanced and SE)
Re-cabled with Jmoney leather pads Beyer DT-990's
Grado GS1000i
Audio Technica ATH-W5000
Audio Technica ATH ESW-9
Re-cabled Senn HD650 (balanced and SE)
Re-cabled Senn HD600 (balanced and SE)
Maybe more...

I have also donated a Locus Design Axis USB cable ($549) and a Styleaudio Emerald ($349) to the main raffle. I have also arranged for PS Audio to donate a three pack of Noise Harvester's ($300)

In addition to the above, I will also have a special raffle in room, prize T/B/A (probably a Styleaudio Topaz).

We will also be offering a few "show specials" that are "special"! Well worth the walk on over to the Santa Monica Room!

Come on by and check it out!

Peace,

Lee

santacore

« Reply #26 on: 20 May 2009, 04:01 am »
Looks like I'll be spending some time in Santa Monica. aa

That looks like a dynamite collection of goodies.

mbakes

« Reply #27 on: 20 May 2009, 07:30 pm »
This CanJam is shaping up to be the best yet.  I've been to all three and organized last years CanJam.  The amount of new releases and prototypes of upcoming releases is staggering.  New amps from Headamp, Woo Audio (new balanced amp and electrostatic amp) and Ray Samuels Audio.  Sennheiser will have some of their soon (hopefully) to be released HD-800 headphone.  Grado's new line will be there including the PS-1000.  For those who are or become members of Head-Fi (I think you need 5 posts) can purchase the Grado HF-2.  This will be a limited run for $429 ($40 of the purchase price goes to Head-Fi).  I had and heard the HF-1 and it sold for $200 and was better than any $200 offering from Grado.  This one has been rumored to be a baby PS-1000 sound wise.  The HF-1 after the production run ended, sell for double the purchase price to this day.  The HF-2 is sold through Todd The Vinyl Junkie only.  These will be at CanJam as well.  Steve Hoffman will be doing a talk and will have a Manley Labs amp, preamp and phono and Von Schweikert speakers.  I believe there will also be a Galibier Serac in that set up. 

mbakes

« Reply #28 on: 29 May 2009, 10:16 am »
At the airport, waiting to board. :)