Gathering at my place - with a possible Synergistic Research product demo

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Gang,

I have come full circle and I am back to using the Vandersteen 5A's as my main two channel speakers.  I was already thinking of having a gathering before today, but I think it will now take on a slightly different focus.  Earlier today I met Michael from Vineyardsound (vineyardsound.net) at a friend's house.  Michael was setting up a very nice pair of Wilson Sophia II's and during the course of a few hours, he not only dialed in the speakers, but we spent a good amount of time talking about various Synergistic Research products - focusing mostly on the Power Cell SE power conditioner, various Synergistic power cords, and the much discussed about Acoustic Resonators.

Michael would be willing to come up to my place and provide a demonstration of the Power Cell SE and the Acoustic Resonators if there is interest in such a demo.  While my room is heavily treated with a variety of excellent products from Realtraps (realtraps.com), I try to have an open mind and would certainly like to experience the Acoustic Resonators first hand.

Please respond to this thread and let me know if there is interest in doing this.  If there is, I will start a poll to find a date in late March or April that works for the majority of people who want to attend.

BTW, below is a picture of my system in its current configuration.

George

arthurs

Wish I was closer George!

Michael is a good dude....I have a PowerCell SE here right now for audition, I'll post thoughts later this week, but it's got my attention early on!

zybar

• Volunteer
Wish I was closer George!

Michael is a good dude....I have a PowerCell SE here right now for audition, I'll post thoughts later this week, but it's got my attention early on!

It's only an American Airlines flight to Boston away Art.   :lol:

The little bit I heard of the PowerCell SE this afternoon was also very positive (compared to a Shunyata Hydra).

And yes, Michael is definitely a good dude, who knows his audio.   :thumb:

George

arthurs

I'll have to see if I will "need" to visit my client in Concord once you publish the date.... :o

BostonHighEnd

I'm in if the day/time works out!

TomS

Darn, we're on tight travel now, so trips to Raynham are out for the moment...

sts9fan

I would love to stop by if I am not busy

topround

George ,
I would love to attend, maybe a few of us NYAR guys can carpool together?
Do you have a date in mind?
Do you have a turntable?
Mike

zybar

• Volunteer
George ,
I would love to attend, maybe a few of us NYAR guys can carpool together?
Do you have a turntable?
Mike

You and other members of the NYAR are always welcome.

No turntable Mike.  I sold my Linn LP12 a few years ago.

Heck, I don't even have a cd player anymore!!   aa

George

topround

Well as long as it sounds good who cares what the medium is?

I would love to see if those resonators work in your system? Can lightning strike twice?

Mike

zybar

• Volunteer
Well as long as it sounds good who cares what the medium is?

I would love to see if those resonators work in your system? Can lightning strike twice?

Mike

After talking to my wife, it is looking like one weekend in April.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
Come on NEAR members, let me know if this interests you.

There are more posts and PM's from non-NEAR members than NEAR members!

George

rydenfan

This is a great opportunity  :thumb: I would love to hear George's system and Michael is a really great guy. He has been a dealer of mine for years and I work with him whenever possible. A demo of the Synergistic ART would be really cool.

DougSmith

• What will the next hundred years bring?
I'd be interested.

-Doug

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
I may not be available on the weekends abutting April school vacation (i.e., 4/18-19 and/or 4/25-26), but I will otherwise attend.  What can I bring?

zybar

• Volunteer
Guys,

I will try and get a poll going with potential dates during the week.

George

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Hopefully you'll be taking down some of those panels George so there will actually be some room for the ART System.  :lol:  I'm sure Mike will have some suggestions along those lines anyways. I'd also like to attend your demo, chances like this don't come up often for this Vermonter. :hyper:

I can bring the well known Vermont Maple Walnut pie(s) depending on the attendance figures. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Ericus Rex

I'll be there if I can!

topround

I'll be there if I can, and with some others in the back seat I am sure.
The Art system may suprise everyone

Mike

mikeyv

Hi Zybar,

Thats very nice of you welcoming us into your home.  I've never attended any of the gatherings, but I'd be up for it.

I noticed you have an MA-1 monobloc pair.  I can bring the latest MP-1 with some but not all upgrades if you're interested.  Also an Art Audio Jota and Art Audio VP1.  For digital canbring an  Accuphase DP-500 or Audio Aero Prima.  Also have a Cary V12i and SPL-98 (both most underated in my opion, but that could only be synergy with Duke's Audiokinesis speakers).  For simple integrateds I have a NuForce IA7-V2 .which is OK. 

Let me know the date and I'll try to make available.

Kindly,
Mike
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2009, 02:45 am by mikeyv »