Amps and power supply for sale!

Danny Richie

Amps and power supply for sale!
« on: 3 Mar 2009, 08:38 pm »
As much as I love these amps and the matching balanced power supply, I just really don't need them anymore. They have been replaced by much larger mono-blocks and matching power supply.

These 50 watt mono-blocks are about as good as good gets right now. They have the best of everything inside including Sonicap Platinum capacitors.

I recently had Gary add the high gloss quilted Maple side panels and chrome top plates. So they are as gorgeous as they sound.

The same high gloss quilted Maple is used on the matching power supply. It also has a matching chrome top plate.

I am asking $3,200 for the amps and $1,200 for the power supply.

The amps are a custom design but the power supply is a production unit. Info on it can be found here:

http://www.doddaudio.biz/web/product_view.html?product=4

Danny Richie

Re: Amps and power supply for sale!
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2009, 03:49 pm »
If any of you guys in the Dallas area want to hear these let me know and I'll set something up.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2009, 03:56 pm »
Danny,

Can you provide any info on the amps?

George

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2009, 04:12 pm »
Danny, is the balanced power conditioner the 800w or 1500w model? Thanks.

Simply a beautiful setup btw, hopefully they'll go together to some lucky guy.

Cheers,
Robin

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2009, 04:18 pm »
Can you provide any info on the amps?

I'll get Gary to drop in and give specifics.

Danny, is the balanced power conditioner the 800w or 1500w model? Thanks.

It's the 800 watt balanced power supply.

gld

• Industry Participant
    • http://doddaudio@live.net
« Reply #5 on: 1 Apr 2009, 03:38 pm »
This pair of amps were the first incarntion of the 50 watt mono's They were a custom design that lead to the 50 watters. They are somewhat different in they have a massive power supply and are built overkill unlike the actual product. The transformers are huge for a 50 watt amp, theres a huge meter on them for biasing. They are using Sonicap Platinums in the critical signal areas. It is a single tube push-pull design. Its bandwidth is approx 14hz- 40khz, input sens. is around 1.2 volts for full output, they have 4 and 8 ohm taps on them and it uses all Cardas terminations. As for the sound you must ask Danny , these were his primary amps for 3-4 years, I will tell you they are very good! :thumb:
Gary

William Schuchard

« Reply #6 on: 2 Apr 2009, 05:38 pm »
Danny,

Those really are beautiful.  The few times I have heard Dodd components I was pleased as well.  Good luck to you.

Bill

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 8 May 2009, 05:40 pm »
I know the economy is silly pretty poopy, but I surprised that someone still hasn't jumped on these. They are still available.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #8 on: 8 May 2009, 06:49 pm »
I know the economy is silly pretty poopy, but I surprised that someone still hasn't jumped on these. They are still available.

You nailed it Danny, tough economy.

George

raymondbeautrix

« Reply #9 on: 15 Jun 2009, 05:17 am »
Hello,Danny

What sort of preamp do you would pair well with Dodd's power amps?

If I can find pre's at a reasonable budget along with these amps, I might consider this offer very carefully.  Can you give an examples of preamps that could fall into my budget (1k for pre + DAC)?

I might have a real interest here, if there's a solution that wont' stray far from my original original budget, this might work as well.

Please stay in touch.

Thanks,
Isaac

Danny Richie

« Reply #10 on: 15 Jun 2009, 03:16 pm »
Isaac,

I sent you an e-mail.

Danny Richie

« Reply #11 on: 30 Jun 2009, 03:48 am »
I am really surprised that I still have these.

Okay, I'll take $3,000 for the amps or $4,000 for both (plus shipping).

Danny Richie

« Reply #12 on: 19 Nov 2009, 08:31 pm »
I decided to keep the power supply but still have these amps.

I have really enjoyed these amps but it is now time for someone else to enjoy them for a while.

$2,800 and I'll cover shipping. That's a great deal for these amps. They even have the .22uF Sonicap Platinums as the main caps in the signal path.  :thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #13 on: 19 Nov 2009, 08:37 pm »
More pics:

It's hard to get a good pic of that chrome top plate.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #14 on: 20 Nov 2009, 05:08 pm »
I decided to keep the power supply but still have these amps.

I have really enjoyed these amps but it is now time for someone else to enjoy them for a while.

$2,800 and I'll cover shipping. That's a great deal for these amps. They even have the .22uF Sonicap Platinums as the main caps in the signal path.  :thumb:
Hey, Danny.  It is getting tough out here.  I still have my Cary gear for sale so I can pay Gary for my Buffer and stereo amp.  Here's hoping that we both find worthy homes for our babies.

Dave

Danny Richie

« Reply #15 on: 20 Nov 2009, 08:30 pm »
Yeah, nothing is moving right now. I am trying to give these away and have little interest.

Sales in some things (my things) have slowed too, but I keep making it up with sales of other things. So my months have still been really good overall but it seems more hit and miss than steady.  :scratch:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #16 on: 20 Nov 2009, 08:41 pm »
Yeah, nothing is moving right now. I am trying to give these away and have little interest.

Sales in some things (my things) have slowed too, but I keep making it up with sales of other things. So my months have still been really good overall but it seems more hit and miss than steady.  :scratch:
Interesting that most of my sales and inquiries are coming from from overseas.  I have been building a lot of units for 220V - 250V operation.  The dollar is shrinking and foreign buying power is increasing.

Hang in there, Bro.

Dave

Danny Richie

« Reply #17 on: 20 Nov 2009, 08:55 pm »
Yeah, I just shipped a create full to Vietnam and a really large one to the UK (nearly 1,000 pounds of product). Then another large shipment coming up that is going to Bermuda, and one that will be going to Thailand.

Several V-1 and Super-V kits on back order also. I am still waiting for more of the SW-12-16FR woofers to get here to fill those orders.

Even though I seem to still be doing well, I will still be glad to see this US economy stabilize and start to grow again.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #18 on: 20 Nov 2009, 10:54 pm »
Yeah, I just shipped a create full to Vietnam and a really large one to the UK (nearly 1,000 pounds of product). Then another large shipment coming up that is going to Bermuda, and one that will be going to Thailand.

Several V-1 and Super-V kits on back order also. I am still waiting for more of the SW-12-16FR woofers to get here to fill those orders.

Even though I seem to still be doing well, I will still be glad to see this US economy stabilize and start to grow again.

I haven't heard from Guy since my last email to him.  I need to send him another to see about the VietBUSS...  I was remiss in getting back to him when I got sick and somehow missed some correspondence in the computer meltdown.  This new 2.4 GHz Quadcore w/8G RAM is a screamer.  I put an M-Audio 2496 soundcard in it and I'm ripping everything to 24/88.2 and it sounds very, very good.  I still have to replace the opamps on the soundcard board.  It'll sound even better then.  Not bad for my office computer  :D

Dave

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: 27 Dec 2009, 07:19 pm »
What type of speaker specs does one need for these amps?