Semi-homemade Pizza

stone deaf

Re: Semi-homemade Pizza
« Reply #20 on: 13 Mar 2009, 04:55 pm »
We have been using a canned pizza sauce made by Centa that we find pretty good. I also like to have the deli slice my peparoni since i really don't like the ready sliced that comes in a package from the grocery store and we do grate or slice our own mozzarella.

For sausage I use Johnsonville hot or sweet Italian sausage. I buy the bulk if I can find it but will use links after removing the casing. I run the sausage back through the meat grinding attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer adding fennel seeds and chopped green onion. We like it, have had better, don't know where to buy better where I live and the neighbors don't complain about the sausage. :)

We also like sliced green and black olives, thin sliced onion, sliced tomato, cured Italian sausages besides pepperoni, jalapeno pepper slices, Canadian bacon, breakfast bacon crumbles, other peppers hot or mild, goat cheese, mushrooms, sliced fennel bulb, chicken, pineapple, and shrimp.

Has anyone tried pizza topped with pulled pork or shredded BBQ beef? BBQ chicken is also very good. We do a lot of these on the BGE using large flour tortillas.