Last night I saw one of the best live performances that I have ever seen.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
SA,

Want to go with me to her 4-29 event in W. Hollywood?

Sorry Hugh, just saw this.  If I happen to be in LA I'd go for sure, let me see what my calendar says.  I'll mail you.

Be sure to tell your people to let my people know about your timing. ;) :)

ttan98

Thanks to archives pointed out by djdube525, I am listening to Ms. V. Teng now. There are  no CDs or tours from her down-under(ie Australia).

Eventhough the recordings are in MP3 format I am still enjoying most tracks.

Cheers.

stevenkelby

• Adelaide, South Australia

Eventhough the recordings are in MP3 format I am still enjoying most tracks.

They are all there in lossless too! .flac.

Stereodude

They are all there in lossless too! .flac.

Yeah, but for some of them it's basically worthless.  Like the one sourced from 320kbit/sec MPEG 1 layer 2 audio stream from a DVB-S broadcast.

stevenkelby

• Adelaide, South Australia
Yeah, but for some of them it's basically worthless.  Like the one sourced from 320kbit/sec MPEG 1 layer 2 audio stream from a DVB-S broadcast.

Thanks, I didn't even notice that!  :duh:

Danny Richie

New e-mail today from Vienna:

Hello Danny,

Happy U.S. Release Day! The audiences in Europe were amazing: packed houses in almost every town, multiple encores, sightseeing hosts, and much amused tolerance of our mangled German/Dutch/Italian. They've been quite enthusiastic about the new songs, so we look forward to playing from _Inland Territory _ material for U.S. folks!

The American tour kicks off TODAY at Somerville Theater and doesn't let up 'til our appearance at East Lansing Arts Festival on May 16. We've added dates since the last announcement - E-Town in Boulder CO came in just this morning! - so check the tour calendar to see if we're swinging by your city.

One more thing: new ECO-MERCH! Organic cotton tees in warm colors, super-compact Envirosax bags, and an awesome stainless-steel water bottle (I've been carrying mine all over Europe, albeit half-sheepishly). Big props to Amy Cox and Choice Merchandise for their hard work on these products, and to Rachael Sullivan for the lovely new logo. Thanks to Rounder Records too, for releasing _Inland Territory_ on REPAK®--plastic-free CD cases!

_Inland Territory_ Release Tour

4/7 Somerville MA ­ Somerville Theater
4/8 Vienna VA ­ Wolf Trap
4/10 New York NY ­ Le Poisson Rouge
4/11 Glenside PA ­ Keswick Theatre
4/13 Pittsburgh PA ­ Club Cafe Live
4/14 Ann Arbor MI ­ The Ark
4/15 Ann Arbor MI ­ The Ark
4/17 Chicago IL ­ Schubas Tavern (2 shows)
4/18 Cedar Rapids IA ­ Legion Arts Center
4/21 Seattle WA ­ The Triple Door (2 shows)
4/22 Portland OR ­ Aladdin Theater
4/24 Oakland CA ­ Yoshi’s (2 shows)
4/25 Santa Cruz CA ­ Rio Theatre
4/28 Santa Barbara CA - SoHo
4/29 West Hollywood CA ­ The Roxy Theatre
5/1 San Diego CA - Anthology
5/2 Tucson AZ ­ Club Congress
** JUST ADDED! ** 5/3 Boulder CO ­ E-Town
5/4 Mesa AZ ­ Mesa Arts Center
5/5 Albuquerque NM ­ Outpost Performance Space
5/6 Oklahoma City OK ­ Blue Door
** JUST ADDED! ** 5/8 Knoxville, TN - The Square Room
5/9 Atlanta GA ­ Variety Playhouse
5/10 Charlotte NC ­ The Evening Muse
5/11 Raleigh NC ­ The Lincoln Theatre
5/12 Charlottesville VA ­ Gravity Lounge
5/13 Annapolis MD ­ Ram’s Head Tavern
5/14 South Orange NJ ­ South Orange Performing Arts Center
5/15 Akron OH ­ Akrona Galleries
5/16 East Lansing MI ­ East Lansing Arts Festival 

Details, as always, at http://viennateng.com/tour.

Much love & see you soon,
VT

laserman

• Ambiguous-Optimist
Hi Danny,

Thanks for the update and tour dates.  I might be able to attend the Akron one in May.

I picked up my forth Vienna Teng cd yesterday and love it (well, track 1's retro vinyl clicks and pops could have been left out if I had been consulted).   Thanks for introducing me to her music.

Lou

arthurs

(well, track 1's retro vinyl clicks and pops could have been left out if I had been consulted). 

Boy I find that annoying, I just don't think it adds anything to any disc, for me anyway....

Danny Richie

Man, you guys already have your new CD's? I haven't gotten mine yet.  :(

arthurs

I can send you one Danny....  :D

Danny Richie

I ordered one about three weeks ago. When did you get yours?

laserman

• Ambiguous-Optimist
Danny,

I picked up mine at Borders on Tuesday along with the new John Scofield release.  The Scofield release is a New Orleans Blues project, with a dash of gospel.  There is a soulful mix of vocals and instrumentals.  This is a departure for John from his Jazz records and he does a great job of making a great cd. 

Lou

Danny Richie

Hey, I got mine today! Mine came with a signed postcard.  :thumb:

well, track 1's retro vinyl clicks and pops could have been left out if I had been consulted

I agree!

Boy if we could just get her to spend the day with a group of us audiophiles and let her hear the things we hear and understand the aspects of her music (and voice) that we really appreciate.

I'd love to get her off of the keyboards on back onto a grand piano.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
Danny, maybe you can get her down for the Lone Star Audio Fest in June.
Marvin

Danny Richie

Danny, maybe you can get her down for the Lone Star Audio Fest in June.

Yea really. There is nothing on her tour dates for that time.

Hey Vienna!

aa http://www.lonestaraudiofest.com/  aa

Danny Richie

I don't know if all of you guys from Colorado noticed but she will be in Boulder on May 3rd.

Stereodude

I got the new CD today from Amazon and I have to say that ECOpak's suck.  I'll take a plastic jewel case with my CDs from now on.  Thanks!

arthurs

I have been mildly disappointed (although not completely) with the new disc, I guess I like her earlier work with a heavier dose of her and her piano....

P.S.  +1 on ECOpak

laserman

• Ambiguous-Optimist
+2 on the Ecopak.  This one is one of the worst I have seen due to the lack of a center spindle.

A couple of years ago I decided to pull all my digipaks and place the cds in regular jewel cases.  I made copies of the digipak in order to make front and back inserts.  It took a while to do since I had a couple of hundred of these in my cd collection (~4,000).  Now when I purchase one, I immediately convert them to a regular jewel case.  OBTW, some artists and labels are going minimalist and just using a sleeve.  The new Medeski, Martin & Wood cd is packaged that way.  :nono:   :nono:

mcgsxr

I recently heard Vienna Tang for the first time, and am hooked right away.

Thanks for the heads up Danny!   :thumb: