Last night I saw one of the best live performances that I have ever seen.

Danny Richie

I saw Vienna Teng in a small venue (about 120 or so people) in Dallas. I was on the front row right in front of her, maybe 12 feet away. She is unbelievably good!

See a video here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/viennateng?blend=1

Another good thing that made the evening fun was some really good pizza with really good friends before the show. We then walked a block or two over to the show.

Those good buddy's were Art, Ken, Gary (Gary Dodd), Mark, Roy, and Cesar. Also present was Scott Clark and his wife and lovely daughter. Art and Ken were on the front row too. Gary, Scott, his wife and daughter were right behind me. There wasn't a bad seat in the house be we really had great seats. We had a blast!

If you get a chance to go see this girl, don't miss it. I also highly recommend her CD's.

arthurs

I posted on this in the "Live Shows you've Seen Lately" thread...it was really incredible.  Danny summed it up perfectly, a great evening.

cryoparts

I miss Dallas... :( 

Peace,

Lee

BradJudy

Sounds like a great show.  Looks like she's coming my way in May.  Last April (before we moved down here) it looks like she was in the small venue (~100 people) that's within walking distance of our place.  That would have been a good one to catch.  Too bad she's coming to a larger venue (~750) in May. 

arthurs

Dallas misses you Lee!   :D

Peace,

Art

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013

Peace,

Lee

I miss my Dallas Cowboys.  :oops:

m-fine

When I read the title, I was so thinking Britney!  :green:

cryoparts

Dallas misses you Lee!   :D

Peace,

Art

Aw, shucks...   :oops:

Peace,

Lee

arthurs

When I read the title, I was so thinking Britney!  :green:

Why Britney?

cryoparts

Peace,

Lee

I miss my Dallas Cowboys.  :oops:

New year, new stadium.  Winning season?

Opens for biz June 6th:

"Country music legends George Strait and Reba McEntire will team up June 6 to perform at the first major event at the Dallas Cowboys' new $1.1 billion stadium, team owner Jerry Jones announced Tuesday."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/yahoolatestnews/stories/021808dnmetstadiumevent.255df329.html?npc

Peace,

Lee

hoosier21

I saw Vienna Teng in a small venue (about 120 or so people) in Dallas. I was on the front row right in front of her, maybe 12 feet away. She is unbelievably good!

I saw her in Atlanta maybe 3 years ago, she was awesome

William Schuchard

I'm jealous.  Not only did you get to see a great live performance but you didn't have to drive to work on a sheet of ice this morning.

MaxCast

Which CD's would you recommend?

Danny Richie

She has three albums out and a new one on the way. They are all really good, but waking hour has been my favorite.

arthurs

Which CD's would you recommend?

Yep, agree with Danny...start with Waking Hour and then Warm Strangers....that said, the songs she played Saturday from her new one (out 4/7) were terrific as well....

rydenfan

She has three albums out and a new one on the way. They are all really good, but waking hour has been my favorite.

Waking Hour is a great album  :thumb:

glad you guys had a great time at the show.

Charles Calkins

According to her tour schedule she'll be at Yoshi's in Oakland Ca. late April. I'll be there. Listened to exerts from her CD's. Sounds pretty good. Always like to check new artists on there way up. Rough business. Hope she and all the other struggling artists make the big time.

Cheers
                                                                      Charlie

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
I have all 3 Vienna Teng albums (looking forward to her 4th) and they all have so much from her to offer, can't go wrong with any of them Max. I really like her 3rd album thou, Dreaming Through the Noise (2006). It's laidback music simply puts me in my happy place. aa

Cheers,
Robin

MaxCast

thanks fellas.  :thumb:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
I saw her a couple of years back in front row as well.  She is really good. :thumb:   I will look for her new CD -- I already have the others.