"Taken"

mcullinan

Re: "Taken"
« Reply #20 on: 20 Feb 2009, 06:26 pm »
Great movie, wife said that he could never do that in real life. I said I dont believe you. Its totally in the realm of excellent kick, punch, blastemup reality!
Mike

pjchappy

« Reply #21 on: 21 Feb 2009, 10:46 pm »
Very much enjoyed it.  One of the better action movies I've seen in quite awhile!

:D

jeffreybehr

• Volunteer
Re: "Taken" and 'The International'
« Reply #22 on: 22 Feb 2009, 12:12 am »
I agree--Taken is one of the best shoot-'em-ups in years.  It held my interest from beginning to end, and because the bad guys are so bad, the death toll is highly satisfying.  I've seen it 4 times already.   :)

BTW I've seen The International twice now.  It was highly entertaining and held my interest well the 1st time, but I left before the end the 2nd time.  I think that's because I wanted to see the entire story the 1st time, but the 2nd time I was annoyed by the preposterous overall plot.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #23 on: 28 Feb 2009, 05:22 am »
I thought it was a good action movie, but didn't like the ending.

Just saw this. I didn't like the ending, either.

I was hoping for a Godfather-esque shock to end this one. A perfect segue into a sequal. Oh well.

Have fun,
Jerry

viggen

« Reply #24 on: 27 Mar 2009, 12:40 pm »
Spoiler Alert!

The girl should get grounded for life instead of getting rewarded in the end.  Sort of reminds me of AIG executives.

Great movie though.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #25 on: 27 Mar 2009, 03:20 pm »
I saw this based on the very smart clip used in the TV commercial.  Liam Neeson was such a cool customer with such serious resolve it was bone chilling.  Great hook.  The script gets thru the background needed and beginning of the movie very economically.  The villians are some of the nastiest on the screen ever.  And dude takes no prisoners.  Don't know how many windpipes he broke and wasn't he efficient about it.  I enjoyed it but I had to laugh at the end when he and his daughter arrived home on a commercial jet.  I suppose we are supposed to think that his civil servant friend whose wife he wounded swept it under the rug.  I guess that's plausible but what was the need?  Didn't he have a private jet at his disposal?  I loved that scene in the end where the wealthy heavy has a knife at LN daughter's throat.  As he started to speak, Neeson plugged him.  Noticed that in Miami Vice, too, where the female agent (and wasn't she dynamite in a compact role) asked a perp a question to create a pause and then immediately fired.  Seemed like a very good tactic to me.  And lucky it was for LN that he guessed the layout of the construction site so very well and the perps were such terrible shots.  Sometimes Hollywood gives us more than we need to maintain tension.  Very satisfying movie, tho, all in all.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #26 on: 27 Mar 2009, 03:50 pm »
Yowsa, Jim, major spoilers!!  :o

bkatbamna

« Reply #27 on: 30 Mar 2009, 03:24 am »
Great movie.  No political correctness, the perps get it without "sitting down across the table from each other while sipping tea and negotiating" political correct bull$hit.